Confirmed with Link: Dzingel To CBJ

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Kinda stupid that we did two seperate trades instead of consolidating Duchene and Dzingel to get a top tier prospect or something.

Instead we’ve got Duclair who’s constantly injured and can’t seem to hold a job and 2 2nd rounders.

Brilliant management.

I love Duclair but as part of this trade? Hell no.

Frank8

Sep 19, 2013
Not of a fan of this at all.

Yeah we got two 2nds, but one is a year from now and the other is two years from now. Given the time value of picks, that's probably akin to a 2nd+3rd in 2019. Mediocre return for a kid on pace for 30G and 60P.

This also makes the Blue Jackets a better hockey team now, which could result in them winning more hockey games and lowering their 1st round pick even further.
I actually don't mind that the picks are later since there's a better chance Columbus will be worse.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Kinda stupid that we did two seperate trades instead of consolidating Duchene and Dzingel to get a top tier prospect or something.

Instead we’ve got Duclair who’s constantly injured and can’t seem to hold a job and 2 2nd rounders.

Brilliant management.

I love Duclair but as part of this trade? Hell no.
We definately went the quantity approach.

I think Duchene and Dzingel in one package could have fetched something a little more valuable.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
You know, the 2nd in 2020 will be a high 2nd, assuming the Sens pick between 1 and 4 next June.

Obviously 2 2nds isn't as exciting as a first, but if there's one thing this franchise does pretty well, it's drafting after round 1. Stone 6th. Hoffman 5th. Pageau 4th. Dzingel 7th. Batherson 4th. Jaros 5th. Chlapik 2nd. Wolanin 4th. Lajoie 5th. Silfverberg, Lehner, and Formenton 2nd.

If the team could draft a few more Bathersons and Formentons, I think we'd all be happy.

Haven't we lost a few scouts over the last 2-3 seasons? There's a good chance the guys responsible for finding these gems may not even be a part of the organization right now.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Its truly unbelievable how ****ty this team is run.
They did it to make sure Panarin stays off the trade block...Pretty stupid to take less value,and screw up the picks you are supposed to get back otherwise.......At least I hope thats why they did it lol

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
..Torpedo #1 awaaay! (Fri Duchene)
..Torpedo #2 awaay! (Sat Dzingel)
...Torpedo #3 awaaay! (Stone)

we're sunk (but will Dorion go down w sinking ship, or follow other rats?!)

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Well, two seconds could probably be traded at the draft for a late 1st, Duclair, idk. He has the raw talent to be a good player but he has some serious character issues that have prevented that so far.

Trade isn't bad, but it's not a home run either.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Duclair was drafted 5-6 years ago now. I think he is what he is. On this team, he’s a bottom line player. On almost any other team he could be in the AHL.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Duclair was drafted 5-6 years ago now. I think he is what he is. On this team, he’s a bottom line player. On almost any other team he could be in the AHL.
I think he has a shot to be a spark on a line with brown and Batherson or tkachuk and white.
Or at least on a third line with pageau or Tierney.
He’s still younger than Dzingel was when he joined.
Playing close to home and his favorite team mtl, maybe he gets extra fired up. If not I could see mtl liking the idea of reuniting him with domi.
I’m interested anyway.

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
Do you prefer second round picks over first round picks?

No, I see similar value in the trade assets acquired two players valued very differently.

The two seconds roughly equal the guaranteed first.
I don't think Duchene will re-sign, so that cond. 1st is a pipe dream.
Duclair will probably play more games for us this year than the two depth prospects will in their entire lives.

Duchene is the better player and should have been worth a lot more.
We practically gave up the Lindros package for Duchene, while Dzingel was drafted with a 7th.

All things considered, we did a lot better in the Dzingel trade by getting similar assets for a lesser player that we originally acquired for a song.

sexytime

Apr 17, 2009
Ottawa
At this point it's actually unfathomable how Dorion is still GM of this team. You can't sabotage the success of your team this point. There is nothing that has been done in the past year or two that can be considered a rational decision.

Reactions: Cosmix

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site

Players like Duclair make good "pump n dump" candidates for bad teams. It wouldn't take much for a guy like him to grab a role on our top line. Maybe he posts and 50-60 point season and a good team thinks he's turned the corner. They trade decent pieces for him and don't know they've been snookered until they give him the ice time he deserves (a lot less) and try to get him to play winning hockey. It used to happen a lot. Kind of like when the Sens were great and traded Bochenski (good prospect) and a 2nd for "50-60 point C" Tyler Arnason. If your team was garbage and could give Arnason 1st line & 1st unit PP ice time, while ignoring his soft, 1 dimensional game... yeah, he could get 50 points.

We should be looking for more reclamation projects.

Reactions: Icelevel

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
No, I see similar value in the trade assets acquired two players valued very differently.

The two seconds roughly equal the guaranteed first.
I don't think Duchene will re-sign, so that cond. 1st is a pipe dream.
Duclair will probably play more games for us this year than the two depth prospects will in their entire lives.

Duchene is the better player and should have been worth a lot more.
We practically gave up the Lindros package for Duchene, while Dzingel was drafted with a 7th.

All things considered, we did a lot better in the Dzingel trade by getting similar assets for a lesser player that we originally acquired for a song.

Actually, the two 2nds might be statistically more valuable than the 1st we could have gotten from another team.

Schuckers did some work on pick value over the years and puts a value chart. The idea being each pick is assigned a value, and if you add the value of multiple picks, you can compare it to a higher one. he most recent version of his work that I know of from has the 60th OA valued at 106 pts, so two 2nds is worth at least 212 pts, which, going by the same chart is worth about 22 OA.

Reactions: God Says No

HF Reader

Jan 20, 2018
At this point it's actually unfathomable how Dorion is still GM of this team. You can't sabotage the success of your team this point. There is nothing that has been done in the past year or two that can be considered a rational decision.

Last edited:

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Players like Duclair make good "pump n dump" candidates for bad teams. It wouldn't take much for a guy like him to grab a role on our top line. Maybe he posts and 50-60 point season and a good team thinks he's turned the corner. They trade decent pieces for him and don't know they've been snookered until they give him the ice time he deserves (a lot less) and try to get him to play winning hockey. It used to happen a lot. Kind of like when the Sens were great and traded Bochenski (good prospect) and a 2nd for "50-60 point C" Tyler Arnason. If your team was garbage and could give Arnason 1st line & 1st unit PP ice time, while ignoring his soft, 1 dimensional game... yeah, he could get 50 points.

We should be looking for more reclamation projects.

We are his 4th or 5th team. His road has been well travelled. No one is buying high in him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad