Confirmed with Link: Dzingel To CBJ

Senovision

May 23, 2011
I posted the other day wondering if could or would make a blockbuster trade with one team and send Stone, Duchene, and Dzingel to one team.
We've traded 2/3 of them to one team. So kind of a blockbuster trade? Except we've done it in two separate steps.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Not of a fan of this at all.

Yeah we got two 2nds, but one is a year from now and the other is two years from now. Given the time value of picks, that's probably akin to a 2nd+3rd in 2019. Mediocre return for a kid on pace for 30G and 60P.

This also makes the Blue Jackets a better hockey team now, which could result in them winning more hockey games and lowering their 1st round pick even further.

Yes, it makes Blue Jackets better now and the Senators worse now. I don’t know if this will make the Senators better in the future, but it certainly lowers salary costs for next year.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
The hilarious thing is i still don't see the Jackets doing jack **** in the playoffs. Especially when you have a goaltender who has awful stats in the playoffs.

The trade deadline has not come yet. Anderson to CBJ for ?

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
We can always package those 2nds to move up in their given draft years if need be. Even then the likelihood of finding a player in that round is relatively high so might not even need to. Duclair has big upside but consistency issues. Wonder if he can create something for himself with us. If he shows well, I’d extend him for a year and see what happens. Will be in the top 6 for sure.

Top 6? Right, because we don’t have anyone better?

Reactions: Clayonator

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
I posted the other day wondering if could or would make a blockbuster trade with one team and send Stone, Duchene, and Dzingel to one team.
We've traded 2/3 of them to one team. So kind of a blockbuster trade? Except we've done it in two separate steps.
It was theoretically possible

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
It's not uncommon for teams to have lots of usable cap space at the deadline because whatever has been paid for from the contract of a player being acquired sticks with their original team.

Will just use simple numbers, but if the deadline is exactly 2/3 of the way through a season, a team which has kept 3 million of cap space open all season can add a player whose original cap hit was 9 million since their remaining cap hit would only be 3 million.

CBJ for example could still add 20M worth of full cap hits. So they could trade for Stone whose original cap hit is 7.35M and still be able to add about 12M worth of players.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Made the trades in nhl.
Played Columbus.
9-2 W

Duclair-Brown-Batherson
Tkachuk-White-Ryan
Balcers-Tierney-Chlapik
Paul-Pageau-Pajaarvi

Reactions: Beville

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Oh so suddenly Melnyk is going to be willing to spend? We haven't signed an impactful FA in more than 5 seasons.

We'll be dumpster diving for guys like Thompson.

Im sure they're going to sign some UFAs next season. Gotta surround the kids with some vets to play with.

I doubt they get any first tier guys, but maybe a second or third tier guy or two.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Remember seeing this kid at 2011 development camp and watching him dangle everyone on the ice. Came through as a long shot and is killing it in the NHL now. Sad that it’s come to this.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Just a friendly reminder that Kucherov was a second round draft pick

Drafting well in the 2nd round is key for any rebuild

Texas sharpshooter...shoot hole in barn door, then walk up to it & draw rings of target centred around bullet hole.

So, just cuz Kucherov Stone or Alfie were picked after 1st round..doesn't mean players from 2nd round are good bet to be regular NHLers. Likely to fail, so all you have are...beans, no magic.

Dorion is shipping out stars like they can be easily replaced via future 2nd round picks..and his "superior draft skills" (another Sens myth).

Reactions: Cosmix

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Sens have 4 CBJ picks now (one 3rd rounder for the Cole trade). 5 if Duchene re-signs.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
You know, the 2nd in 2020 will be a high 2nd, assuming the Sens pick between 1 and 4 next June.

Obviously 2 2nds isn't as exciting as a first, but if there's one thing this franchise does pretty well, it's drafting after round 1. Stone 6th. Hoffman 5th. Pageau 4th. Dzingel 7th. Batherson 4th. Jaros 5th. Chlapik 2nd. Wolanin 4th. Lajoie 5th. Silfverberg, Lehner, and Formenton 2nd.

If the team could draft a few more Bathersons and Formentons, I think we'd all be happy.

Reactions: Hands of Stone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad