Confirmed with Link: Dzingel To CBJ

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
I like the return of two seconds. Would have preferred the 1st in 2020. But two 2nds will be palatable.
Not a fan of Duclair. Fifth team in five years at 23. Issues there. We can see if he can fit but if the Issues remain would not want him affecting our prospects as they arrive. And Dorion has to be screwed over for Calgary 7th. So predictable.
My big issue is the asset management around the 2019 1st. By adding Dzingel into that mix the expectation of a 14-18 pick just raised about five spots, maybe more. We get a potentially lesser return on Duchene because of that. Mid-round selection to late-round selection. The poor man just has no vision.

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
We are his 4th or 5th team. His road has been well travelled. No one is buying high in him.

And people know who Vanek is too, it doesn't stop them from acquiring him at the trade deadline every year.
A hollow 50 point player appeals to teams who aren't committed to mortgaging their future. We might be able to get a 2nd or a 3rd and a depth prospect if we could develop a player like that.

My big issue is the asset management around the 2019 1st. By adding Dzingel into that mix the expectation of a 14-18 pick just raised about five spots, maybe more. We get a potentially lesser return on Duchene because of that. Mid-round selection to late-round selection. The poor man just has no vision.

In 20 games, I'd guess that Dzingel might be able to make a 2 point difference... and that might not be enough to move CLB up or down in the standings.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I like the return of two seconds. Would have preferred the 1st in 2020. But two 2nds will be palatable.
Not a fan of Duclair. Fifth team in five years at 23. Issues there. We can see if he can fit but if the Issues remain would not want him affecting our prospects as they arrive. And Dorion has to be screwed over for Calgary 7th. So predictable.

Maybe the two seconds were for dzingle and the ,7th was for duclair. Who knows.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
hatchet job.,.
Garrioch is such a shill... Guys been traded why not celebrate how he was a 7th round pick, paid his dues in Belleville, got better every year and was somewhat of a late bloomer....

No pick out a couple shortcomings and focus on that. Garbage

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
hatchet job.,.
Garrioch is such a shill... Guys been traded why not celebrate how he was a 7th round pick, paid his dues in Belleville, got better every year and was somewhat of a late bloomer....

Yeah, Garrioch is a mouthpiece. I honestly don't think he understands much about hockey.

West Coast Eagles

Sep 24, 2008
Bne
Can we just let someone leave in peace instead of trying to skewer them on the way out unless there is an actual reason not to. Makes us sound immature and like we lashing out after being broken up with. Why can't we just say "Ryan was a good guy that came up with us and we are proud of where he is now. However with the direction we are going the best thing was to move on."

Last edited:

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
hatchet job.,.

I read that last night. I thought it was BY FAR the worst article l've ever seen written by Garrioch and i suspect it will cost him some access to players still on the team

DuckedUpOnQuack

Aug 2, 2005
Ottawa
[MOD] No class. Dzingel improved every year and has 8 more career fights than Bruce will ever have. This organization should be desperately trying to improve Ottawa’s image and hit jobs like this do nothing to help.

It’s remarkable how badly we treat outgoing players - including the small handful of fans that boo’d Duchene.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Can we just let someone leave in piece instead of trying to skewer them on the way out unless there is an actual reason not to. Makes us sound immature and like we lashing out after being broken up with. Why can't we just say "Ryan was a good guy that came up with us and we are proud of where he is now. However with the direction we are going the best thing was to move on."

Well i kinda think Garriocu only embarrassed himself with that article

HF Reader

Jan 20, 2018
hatchet job.,.

I like Dzingel because he helps a team win.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
hatchet job.,.

The sad part is Garrioch actually influences the opinions of some of his readers.

Dzingel wasn't a perfect player, and the time was right to move on from him (given that we already moved Hoffman, Karlsson, Duchene and are likely going to move Stone), but like you said, why not celebrate that he was a success story for us.

Reactions: Deku

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
It's pretty obvious Dorion MO is quantity over quality. If we're trading with CBJ for both players, why not combine and get some quality instead of quantity.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Yes we went for quantity, but it's not like we didn't get good pieces back. We all were hoping to get a first out of Dzingel, which is basically what we got. I don't mind CBJ as the destination, perhaps it makes Duchene feel more comfortable and maybe they both sign there, giving us the extra first round.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
"Only 24 hours after Ottawa sent centre Matt Duchene to the Columbus Blue Jackets on Friday morning in a huge deal, the Senators showed the 26-year-old Dzingel the door and sent him packing after he thumbed his nose at a five-year contract extension that was worth in excess of $20 million."

wtf i hate dzingel now i dont even make 20 million what a greedy sob yasin 2.0 good raddence

Reactions: Deku and Engineer

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Anyone know why Duclair is listed as a UFA even though hes like 23? Is it cause hes been on so many teams?

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Anyone know why Duclair is listed as a UFA even though hes like 23? Is it cause hes been on so many teams?

He is not a UFA.

The Blackhawks chose not to qualify him last season. That made him a UFA last year, but because he had not completed his restricted years, he'd remain restricted with whatever team he chose to sign with, which was Columbus.

He will be a restricted free agent for the Senators at the end of the season.

One hitch, he is arbitration eligible. Meaning, if the Senators qualify him and they cannot agree on an extension, the Senators will have to pay him whatever an arbitrator deems fair. This could be an issue, and it could possibly lead to Duclair going unqualified by the Senators and becoming a UFA again. The reason being, he has reasonably strong production, and if he gets a good opportunity on Ottawa, he might close out the season with numbers that could get him 2M+ in arbitration. Given issues in his overall game, the Senators might not want to risk paying him that amount.

The Senators can still extend Duclair if they do not qualify him, but Duclair would be able to sign with any other team as a UFA. If I recall, the most recent time we've seen a team act this way was the Capitals with Brett Connolly. Arbitration is a toss up both ways so if teams have strong cap (or salary) restrictions, they may not want to take the risk qualifying certain players.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
He is not a UFA.

The Blackhawks chose not to qualify him last season. That made him a UFA last year, but because he had not completed his restricted years, he'd remain restricted with whatever team he chose to sign with, which was Columbus.

He will be a restricted free agent for the Senators at the end of the season.

One hitch, he is arbitration eligible. Meaning, if the Senators qualify him and they cannot agree on an extension, the Senators will have to pay him whatever an arbitrator deems fair. This could be an issue, and it could possibly lead to Duclair going unqualified by the Senators and becoming a UFA again. The reason being, he has reasonably strong production, and if he gets a good opportunity on Ottawa, he might close out the season with numbers that could get him 2M+ in arbitration. Given issues in his overall game, the Senators might not want to risk paying him that amount.

The Senators can still extend Duclair if they do not qualify him, but Duclair would be able to sign with any other team as a UFA. If I recall, the most recent time we've seen a team act this way was the Capitals with Brett Connolly. Arbitration is a toss up both ways so if teams have strong cap (or salary) restrictions, they may not want to take the risk qualifying certain players.
Not a chance an arbitrator goes above 2M on him, and the team gets to decide on 1 or 2 years in length. Chiasson being a comparable imo, and he got 1.2M

We also are going to need to meet the floor, so I can't see them not qualifying him.

What I can see is us trading him today or tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad