Dynasty Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
:canes

Hurricanes General Manger Jimmy Rutherford steps down from Hurricanes

1nbuLQ.AuSt.156.jpeg

64 year-old Jim Rutherford has worked 16 years as the 'Canes GM, leading them to one Stanley Cup.

Well, it was a shock when Veteran GM Jim Rutherford called his resignation weeks before the NHL Season. There was rumors surfacing around that Jim might call it quits as he has put in a hard 16 years with the Hurricanes organization. Over the years of service with the Club he lead Carolina to one Stanley Cup (05-06), two Conference Championships (01-02 & 05-06), along with three division titles (98-99, 01-02, 05-06). Jim was also recognized for his solid Drafts over the years, drafting such players as Team Captain Eric Staal 2nd Overall in 2003, Cam Ward 25th Overall in 2002 and Jeff Skinner 7th Overall in 2010; Along with Drafting highly touted Swedish Center Prospect Elias Lindholm 5th Overall in this years Draft.

I have been truly honored to work with such a great organization and great same people for many years, but as I leave I have full trust that the new GM knows what he is doing. I wish the very best to the Hurricanes going forward.

-Jim Rutherford.​

Yes, we're truly saddended Jim has had to step down but he has had nothing but sucess here and has been such a class act. On that same note we're very excited to add experienced GM JaredCowenFan.

-Hurricanes CEO, President and Owner, Peter Karmanos.​

I am very much looking forward to joining this organization and hope to bring success back to the town of Carolina, this town deserves it; and I believe we have what it takes to be successful.

- New GM JaredCowenFan​

GM JaredCowenFan didn't make any major moves leading up to the Regular Season but did some roster trims and signed UFA LW Ruslan Fedetenko to a one-year/$1,500,000 contract, and Defender Ron Hainsey to a one-year/$2,000,000 contract. Without futher adieu, your...

2013-14 Carolina Hurricanes

Jeff Skinner (86 Overall) - Eric Staal (88 Overall, C) - Alexander Semin (87 Overall)
Jiri Tlusty (84 Overall) - Jordan Staal (87 Overall, A) - Nathan Gerbe (78 Overall)
Ruslan Fedetenko (79 Overall) - Tuomo Rutuu (85 Overall) - Chad LaRose (78 Overall)
Zach Boychuk (76 Overall) - Tim Brent (76 Overall) - Pat Dwyer (76 Overall)

Joni Pitkanen (84 Overall) - Tim Gleason (84 Overall, A)
Andrej Sekera (84 Overall) - Ron Hainsey (84 Overall)
Marc-Andre Bergeron (81 Overall) - Justin Faulk (83 Overall)

Cam Ward (88 Overall) - Anton Khudobin (79 Overall)

Top Prospects
Name | Age | Position | Overall | Potential
Elias Lindholm|20|C|55|4 1/2
Viktor Rask|20|C|63|4
Ryan Murphy|20|RD|58|4
Austin Levi|21|RD|55|3 1/2
Drayson Bowman|24|LW|75|3 1/2
Zac Dalpe|23|C|75|3 1/2
Bobby Sanguinetti|25|RD|76|3 1/2
Brock McGinn|19|LW|56| 3

-------------------------------------------------------------

Next: Regular Season.

SP0RTSFANATIC98

Feb 11, 2013
Minny
:canes

Hurricanes General Manger Jimmy Rutherford steps down from Hurricanes

1nbuLQ.AuSt.156.jpeg

64 year-old Jim Rutherford has worked 16 years as the 'Canes GM, leading them to one Stanley Cup.

Well, it was a shock when Veteran GM Jim Rutherford called his resignation weeks before the NHL Season. There was rumors surfacing around that Jim might call it quits as he has put in a hard 16 years with the Hurricanes organization. Over the years of service with the Club he lead Carolina to one Stanley Cup (05-06), two Conference Championships (01-02 & 05-06), along with three division titles (98-99, 01-02, 05-06). Jim was also recognized for his solid Drafts over the years, drafting such players as Team Captain Eric Staal 2nd Overall in 2003, Cam Ward 25th Overall in 2002 and Jeff Skinner 7th Overall in 2010; Along with Drafting highly touted Swedish Center Prospect Elias Lindholm 5th Overall in this years Draft.

GM JaredCowenFan didn't make any major moves leading up to the Regular Season but did some roster trims and signed UFA LW Ruslan Fedetenko to a one-year/$1,500,000 contract, and Defender Ron Hainsey to a one-year/$2,000,000 contract. Without futher adieu, your...

2013-14 Carolina Hurricanes

Jeff Skinner (86 Overall) - Eric Staal (88 Overall, C) - Alexander Semin (87 Overall)
Jiri Tlusty (84 Overall) - Jordan Staal (87 Overall, A) - Nathan Gerbe (78 Overall)
Ruslan Fedetenko (79 Overall) - Tuomo Rutuu (85 Overall) - Chad LaRose (78 Overall)
Zach Boychuk (76 Overall) - Tim Brent (76 Overall) - Pat Dwyer (76 Overall)

Joni Pitkanen (84 Overall) - Tim Gleason (84 Overall, A)
Andrej Sekera (84 Overall) - Ron Hainsey (84 Overall)
Marc-Andre Bergeron (81 Overall) - Justin Faulk (83 Overall)

Cam Ward (88 Overall) - Anton Khudobin (79 Overall)

Top Prospects
Name | Age | Position | Overall | Potential
Elias Lindholm|20|C|55|4 1/2
Viktor Rask|20|C|63|4
Ryan Murphy|20|RD|58|4
Austin Levi|21|RD|55|3 1/2
Drayson Bowman|24|LW|75|3 1/2
Zac Dalpe|23|C|75|3 1/2
Bobby Sanguinetti|25|RD|76|3 1/2
Brock McGinn|19|LW|56| 3

-------------------------------------------------------------

Next: Regular Season.

very minor detail but, it's not the town of Carolina, it's Raleigh just so you know. Not trying to nit pick every thing but, just trying to make your write-ups as good as they can be! Keep doin your thing JCF

longisland91hockey

Nov 29, 2011
Question, looking to do a rebuild, what do you guys think the best team would be? I always do the islanders and the oilers getting kinda bored with them

Spitsfan67*

Question, looking to do a rebuild, what do you guys think the best team would be? I always do the islanders and the oilers getting kinda bored with them

I've just started Calgary since Iggy is gone there perfect to start a rebuild with, I got Monahan on the first line, and the team is 3-13-1 so not good lol but giving lots of young guys good minutes..

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
very minor detail but, it's not the town of Carolina, it's Raleigh just so you know. Not trying to nit pick every thing but, just trying to make your write-ups as good as they can be! Keep doin your thing JCF

Thanks for your input. I don't know everything. :P

SportJohnny

Jul 25, 2013
Ohio
Proof that they fixed EA fixed player salary's. 84 overall in NHL 13 would get you 4 to 5 million to sign the player. Hopefully Christmas comes soon, 13 is not playable any more after reading about 14. :whine:

stahl

Mar 26, 2011
For anyone who has gotten past the 4th season, does this game track players stats and trophy stats longer than 4 years like in the previous games. That was a major negative for me.

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco
They really screwed up with the trade values of prospects. If they have red stars their value is next to nothing, even though they have 4 or even 4.5 stars.

Mokemon

Twitter: @ElManazer
Mar 4, 2012
Ottawa Senators ready for season opener

"Hockey is back" GM Larry Sather started the press conference. Sens pre-season didn't go well, three wins and four losses. Game started to go in last match vs. Red Wings, so that gives a credit to season opener against Buffalo Sabres. "Our pre-season wasn't so good what we expected, we did only 10 goals, which is too low. We played too defensive game and we forgot to attack. There's the main reason to bad fixture." said head coach Paul MacLean.

Lines for season opener
Milan Michalek #9 - Jason Spezza #19 "C" - Damien Brunner #96
Clarke MacArthur #16 - Mika Zibanejad #93 - Bobby Ryan #71
Cory Conacher #89 - Kyle Turris #7 - Colin Greening #21
Lennart Petrell #12 - Zack Smith #15 - Chris Neil #25
Jim O'Brien #18

Chris Phillips #4 "A" - Joe Corvo #77
Marc Methot #3 - Erik Karlsson #65 "A"
Jared Cowen #2 - Patrick Wiercioch #46

Ilya Bryzgalov #30
Craig Andersson #41

TOP 3 Pre-Season points
1. Milan Michalek 7gp, 2+2
2. Jason Spezza 7gp, 1+2
3. Joe Corvo 7gp, 0+3

milan-michalek-391x213-20091016.jpg

Milan Michalek score 4 points in pre-season

Last edited:

Mokemon

Mar 4, 2012
Ottawa Senators make a trade with St. Louis Blues

Ottawa Senators traded their 3rd line defense man Jared Cowen to St. Louis Blues for another d-man, Kevin Shattenkirk. "Jared Cowen didn't find his place at team, so he asked for trade. We've been looking for a puck-moving defenseman for a while and Shattenkirk has been in our radar, so trade partner wasn't so hard to find. I suggested Cowen-Shattenkirk deal to my old friend Doug Armstrong and after few hours thinking he accepted the deal." said Ottawa Senators GM Larry Sather.

Shattenkirk is a puck-moving defenseman with decent defensive and excellent offensive skills. Reliable and creative with the puck in all areas of the ice. Has a dangerous shot, great offensive instincts and is an obvious asset on powerplay. Reads plays well and gives accurate passes. Ottawa Senators will be his third NHL team. Last season he played all 48 matches in St. Louis Blues doing 5 goals and 18 passes. During the lockout he played in TPS, Turku. Shattenkirk will play in third pair with Patrick Wiercioch in next game against Los Angeles Kings.

shattenkirk_300x150.jpg

Shattenkirk will wear number #22

Senators are currently in 7th place at division C. Sens has played two games and record is 0-0-2. "We've played good game, but we haven't done enough goals. I'm very proud of our goalies, both has been in very good mood" head coach Paul MacLean said.

Senators also informed that they had sign Chuck Kobasew, Jeff Taffe and Jason Jaffray. Kobasew will play in NHL, Taffe and Jaffray moves to AHL.

Last edited:

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Finished year 2014/2015.

Yeah, so I'm checking the point totals of the year for the league.

Frazer Mclaren finishes with 43 points and 239 PIM. Mhm.

Mokemon

Mar 4, 2012
Ottawa Senators make a trade with Calgary Flames

Ottawa Senators traded 3rd line left winger Clarke MacArthur and 20-year old prospect Matt Puempel to Calgary Flames for left winger Sven Bärtschi. "MacArthur didn't score as much points as 3,3 million wage player should. He is a energetic third liner, but not worth of 3,3 million. I wish him best luck in Calgary" said Ottawa Senators GM Larry Sather. MacArthur did only one goal in nine games. Sven Bärtschi has made also one goal in ten games in Calgary, but Sens GM Larry Sather thinks he is better choice for goal scoring than MacArthur - "We're looking for young and good goal scorer to replace MacArthur. Bärtschi was our radar for a while and we thinked that he is good choice to replace MacArthur" After few days making deal Flames GM Jay Feaster accepted it, final piece of trade was 20 year old prospect Matt Puempel who didn't get ice time in Sens AHL-team. Feaster sees that Puempel will be NHL player in three years "Yes, Puempel was the final piece in trade. I think he will be Bärtschi's substitute in our organisation, so MacArthur is like "+" piece in our roster.

117271445_display_image.jpg

Will Puempel be a Flames star player?

Senators are currently in 7th place at division C. Sens has played nine games and record is 3-3-3. "We've been played good games, but good play isn't just enough. We had three game winning streak, but last two games we've lost" head coach Paul MacLean said. Sven Bärtschi will wear number #24

TOP 3 points
1. Kevin Shattenkirk 9gp, 1+7=8
2. Jason Spezza 9gp, 4+2=6
3. Kyle Turris 9gp, 3+3=6

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Heres something kind of odd. Year 2016-2017.

Checking the goalie stats and see Visentin up top.

He's a 4 red star potential guy.
Overall 93.

Wat

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Heres something kind of odd. Year 2016-2017.

Checking the goalie stats and see Visentin up top.

He's a 4 red star potential guy.
Overall 93.

Wat

Does he still have no trade value at all due to being red stars? If he does, you should snatch him up :laugh:

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Will a young player that plays more upgrade quicker then a player that plays plays less?

Yes, for the most part. Even if you can't get them regular top6/top4 minutes, make sure your youngsters get special teams time.

Example: I had Mark Pysyk in Buffalo's top 4, 2nd PP, 2nd PK in 13-14. His overall progressed to 82. He was surpassed on the depth chart by McBain (whose overall went up to 85). The next season, he played on the bottom pairing, got limited PP/PK time. His overall regressed to 80.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
It definitely seems like the AI teams target players with green potential in the draft, even if they have less stars. It does appear as if players with green stars are less likely to drop to red than players with yellow stars, so that could be why.

It definitively makes sense, but from what I've read/seen so far it seems too systemic. Not all GM's "play safe", so to speak.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005

Try Vancouver and see how long you go before you can do a legitimate rebuild while still having Luongo on the roster. I'm in 2017 and he's still there as I'm pulling a gillis and won't eat the contract. He's gotta retire soon.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Just a couple of notes on growth. Seems similar to 13 where if you use the speed, wrist shot, of awareness, d awareness and poise as a foundation they'll grow.

They still haven't fixed the AHL leaders window.

They did however finally leave the helmet off the helmet less guy after he scores.

Not sure they'll ever get the ratings even decent. How Summers and Stone have higher trade values than OEL, I'll never know

Peeve this year??? How come they got it even worse on calling so many wingers centers?? Nyquist and Tatar have joined the club off the top of my head.

Overall I like the high impact but as mentioned earlier, there's probably to many scrums and you can't just walk away as you'll still get a penalty.

I'll do a spreadsheet on growth again this year and hopefully there's a formula. Just drafted two grinders in the first and one of the new enforcers in the second. Let's see if tradition holds true.

Dobbie71064

Go Thrashers!
Dec 29, 2010
A cold place
I just drafted a 6'10 DFD. 4 red stars. I didn't know players could be taller than 6'9" in this game :laugh:

On another note, I really despise how all red star players have absolutely no trade value. WTF kind of logic is that.

What was his name and what year/ round did you draft him in? Im just starting my leafs dynasty and would love to add a kid like that to my defense depth.

So far my team posted a 5-1-1 record coming out of pre season. I rotated Bernier and Reimer the entire preseason. Bernier had slightly better stats, so ive given him the start on opening night. He will have a couple more games before i put Reimer in.

Im trying to go the realistic route, keeping trades to a minimum and only trading red for green player. Its pretty tough, i haven't made a move yet but i dont mind. On my trade block are Bozak (due to the contract), Liles (due to the contract) and Gunnarsson(Contract/ i think i can replace him from within the organization). Ill post my lineups when i get home from work.

As promised, heres my line up heading into the regular season

Toronto Maple leafs:

Lupul- Kadri- Kessel
Van Riemsdyk- Bozak- Kuliemen
Bolland- Mcclement- Clarkson
Mclaren- Colbourne- Orr
X- Komarov

Phaneuf- Gunnarsson
Franson- Gardiner
Lilies- Fraser
X- Brennan

Goalies: