Dynasty Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006
How are contract negotiations like?

In '13, I had Ryan White ask me for a 2.375M / year salary after a 4th line/20 point season.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
How are contract negotiations like?

In '13, I had Ryan White ask me for a 2.375M / year salary after a 4th line/20 point season.

I'm only 3 years in, but they seem far more reasonable than in 13.

Especially when you play around with the term, it doesn't seem as though you are getting stupid demands from most players.

Will be interesting to see what happens when some of the game-generated prospects get to the big contract stage, to really see whether the contracts have been fixed to a more reasonable demand level.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
In a video that 2bc did he showed player progression in his off-season and the jumps that players get in the season resets to their original value in the off-season. They then get their jump before pre-season.

He signed Eddie Lack as a backup and he was rated 75 OVR 4*. Come pre-season he turned into an 85 OVR player.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I just drafted a 6'10 DFD. 4 red stars. I didn't know players could be taller than 6'9" in this game :laugh:

On another note, I really despise how all red star players have absolutely no trade value. WTF kind of logic is that.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Just made it through my first draft...Feel like I did pretty well. Traded up from 8 to 6 in and got Reinhart (66OV 4.5 gold stars). Somehow Ekblad fell to 12th, so I picked him up there (60OV, also 4.5 gold stars). Made a trade with NJ for their 2nd (33) and got a 4.5 red star offensive d-man there. Nothing amazing after that, a 3.0 green d-man later in the 2nd round and a 3.0 red (but already good enough to play in the AHL) LW in the 4th.

Also, Jamie McBain gets awesome in this game, and quickly. 85 overall after 1 season playing on the 3rd pair and 2nd PP unit. :amazed:

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
I just drafted a 6'10 DFD. 4 red stars. I didn't know players could be taller than 6'9" in this game :laugh:

On another note, I really despise how all red star players have absolutely no trade value. WTF kind of logic is that.

Yeah, I think they'll have to fix that.

I haven't played through a full gm season yet, can anyone tell me how badly red stars affect them meeting their potential?

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
The sim engine in this game blows, I don't understand how I start the season 16-9 and then lose the next 15 out of 20 while getting shutout in 8 of those games.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Yeah, I think they'll have to fix that.

I haven't played through a full gm season yet, can anyone tell me how badly red stars affect them meeting their potential?

Two players with red-star potential that stick out for me are Tyler Myers and Adam Erne - I snapped both of them up because their trade values are so low.

Basically, the colour of the star represents how accurate their potential growth will be.

Green star players will always hit their overall range, while yellow star players will more often than not hit their range, but with a little bit more variability in individual characteristics. With red star players, that variability is a lot more pronounced.

Tyler Myers for example, as a 4.5-green star, easily hits 90 overall. As a 4.5-yellow, he probably tails off at close to 88-89, whereas a 4.5-red star means he will probably end up somewhere in between 87-90 overall.

I've seen him hit 90 overall in one dynasty, and in my current Calgary one he's stuck at 86 overall - both dynasties = Myers as a 4.5-star red

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Two players with red-star potential that stick out for me are Tyler Myers and Adam Erne - I snapped both of them up because their trade values are so low.

Basically, the colour of the star represents how accurate their potential growth will be.

Green star players will always hit their overall range, while yellow star players will more often than not hit their range, but with a little bit more variability in individual characteristics. With red star players, that variability is a lot more pronounced.

Tyler Myers for example, as a 4.5-green star, easily hits 90 overall. As a 4.5-yellow, he probably tails off at close to 88-89, whereas a 4.5-red star means he will probably end up somewhere in between 87-90 overall.

I've seen him hit 90 overall in one dynasty, and in my current Calgary one he's stuck at 86 overall - both dynasties = Myers as a 4.5-star red

Ah, I was thinking it would really make a bigger difference than in nhl 13 since the trade value was awful for them.

KuemperTantrum

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Just drafted this kid 24th overall in the first draft and he's a 54 4 1/2 red * OFD. :handclap:

He was listed as a 4 star green 2nd rounder during the draft, so I took a chance on him at 24th.. Payed off.

Mokemon

Twitter: @ElManazer
Mar 4, 2012
BREAKING NEWS: Senators appoint Larry Sather to their new GM

Today, 9th September Ottawa Senators have appointed Larry Sather to their new GM. Sather is experienced GM from many clubs in the NHL. Sather has won Stanley Cup two times (Los Angeles Kings and Chicago Blackhawks). Now he takes Sens under his control.

"Sens on potential team with a mixture of youth and experience. We have already stars like Karlsson, Spezza and Ryan etc. I look forward to work with these kind of players in our way to a Stanley Cup. This is huge opportunity for me to win third Stanley Cup", said Sather to his first words as Sens GM.

"Our main target is to win a Stanley Cup in three years. It's a very ambitious target, but I know that we will be able to reach it in less than three years. I look forward to work with new GM Larry Sather. He has done very good job in Kings and Blackhawks" said head coach Paul MacLean

maclean.jpg

Paul MacLean will continue as head coach

Soon it's time for training camp in Ottawa. Sather sees the importance of the camp: "I think this is a great chance to get known each other, me and players. I will have a personally meeting with all team players and I will discuss with them about their positions in team and that kind of stuff". First pre-season game is on friday, Senators will play against Canadiens in Montreal.

snizzbone*

The auto rotate goalies is definitely broken. No goalies are getting more than 50-60 games for me.. and Pittsburgh.. they've played Fleury 3 times and their 74 ovr back up 30 times.. like wut. Brutal.

member 96824

The auto rotate goalies is definitely broken. No goalies are getting more than 50-60 games for me.. and Pittsburgh.. they've played Fleury 3 times and their 74 ovr back up 30 times.. like wut. Brutal.

Wow, I guess I underestimated how realistic this game actually is!

neutral*

Watch out for Landeskog in the 2nd or 3rd season... he gets red stars and has almost no trade value... I traded Gabriel Bourque and a 3.5 star defenseman to get him.

Mokemon

Twitter: @ElManazer
Mar 4, 2012
Sens sign Bryzgalov, Brunner and Petrell

Today, the 17th of September Ottawa Senators announced three new signings. First of the signings, Ilya Bryzgalov is 33 year old experienced goalkeeper. Bryzgalov has played in Ducks, Coyotes and Flyers during his career. He was fired by the Philadelphia Flyers in early summer and he couldn't find a new team during the summer. Bryzgalov deal 1-year and worth of 5 million. The second signing was a Swiss player Damien Brunner, who has played only one season in NHL. Last season in Detroit Red Wings he played 44 games making 12 goals and 14 passes. Brunner's deal is 2 year and worth of 3,575 million. Third signing was a finnish Lennart Petrell who has played two seasons in NHL. Last season Petrell played just 35 games in Edmonton Oilers. Petrell's deal is one year and worth of 700,000€.
"We needed more goal-scoring options and we thinked that Brunner is best opinion to the job, so we started negotiation. Bryzgalov will be prompter to Andersson. With Bryzgalov our goalkeepers are best tandem in whole NHL. Petrell is 4th liner who give us physicality and quick legs.

getty_ibryzgalovflyers.jpg

Bryzgalov's new team is Ottawa Senators

Senators has played two pre-season games with record of 1-1-0. First game vs. Canadiens ended 5-1 lost and second game vs. Maple Leafs ended 3-1 win. Senators will continue their pre-season next to game against Buffalo Sabres.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
They need to figure out some type of IR system. Since they screwed the Avs contracts up, I'm right up against the cap. I've got Duchene and Landeskog out for an extended period of time, but if I try to call someone up, I'm over the cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad