Dynasty Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
So, NHL 14 is here! At my house!

Will be opening it up tonight and playing around with GM mode.

If anyone has any questions related to the mode, leave them here and I'll try my best to answer

Last edited by a moderator:

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
So, NHL 14 is here! At my house!

Will be opening it up tonight and playing around with GM mode.

If anyone has any questions related to the mode, leave them here and I'll try my best to answer

How did you get it so early?

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Starting up a GM when Pre-Release is downloaded and might do write-ups. Was thinking my teams, either Ottawa or Edmonton. Any other suggestions? Anyone else thinking of doing write-ups?

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I'll be getting the game on Tuesday... dunno if I'll do writeups or not, I definitely want to play around with GM mode first. It depends on if I'm in the mood or not.

TheTimTamSlammerMan

Jul 29, 2011
Long Island
Don't have NHL 13, but this one guy in my Be A GM is unreal. 3rd round pick by the kings in 2013. He's a Sniper who has 99 in every category. His worst season was his rookie season with 43 goals and I'm in year 2030 and he has won the Richard trophy literally every year. Has multiple 60 goal seasons, multiple Art Ross' and Harts. I think he has 2 Con Smythes. Right now he has 44 goals in 37 games and 59 points. He also racks up 150+ PIM every year and is guaranteed 100+ points a year. He has 1621 points in 1263 career games. 175 points in 173 Playoff games. I never seen a player that good in all my Be A GM careers.

He finished with 73 goals 106 points.

Last edited:

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
:sens

Milan Michalek (85 Overall) - Jason Spezza (88 Overall, C) - Bobby Ryan (87 Overall)
Clark McArthur (83 Overall) - Kyle Turris (84 Overall) - Colin Greening (81 Overall)
Cory Conacher (81 Overall) - Mika Zibanejad (80 Overall) - Damien Brunner (81 Overall)
Chris Neil (79 Overall, A) - Zack Smith (79 Overall) - Erik Condra (79 Overall)

Marc Methot (83 Overall) - Erik Karlsson (88 Overall)
Patty Wiercioch (80 Overall) - Chris Phillips (85 Overall, A)
Jared Cowen (84 Overall) - Joe Corvo (77 Overall)

Craig Anderson (86 Overall) - Robin Lehner (77 Overall)

Simming now.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Sens are rolling, top 3 in the league. Spezza's lead the league in Points all year. Gryba also went from a 76 to 77 Overall in the minors.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
If you live north of the city of Toronto, it's not hard to get games early !!

lol. ;)

Full version? Are you a Beta Tester or something. Only people I know that have the full version are the 2BC brothers.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
lol. ;)

Full version? Are you a Beta Tester or something. Only people I know that have the full version are the 2BC brothers.

Full version, yeah.

I just get hook-ups for early game access. I think most ppl in TO area get them early.

I'm beta-testing the Xbox One tho! Isn't as glamorous as it sounds - glitchy as hell lol.

Can post pics if u guys are interested.

The gameplay seems a lot more "refined" than it did in the beta. Can't put my finger on it, but it's definitely an adjustment

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Full version, yeah.

I just get hook-ups for early game access. I think most ppl in TO area get them early.

I'm beta-testing the Xbox One tho! Isn't as glamorous as it sounds - glitchy as hell lol.

Can post pics if u guys are interested.

The gameplay seems a lot more "refined" than it did in the beta. Can't put my finger on it, but it's definitely an adjustment

Have you been playing any HUT? I've seen all the rest of the game.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Nope. Only Be a GM.

Yeah I encountered this very early in my play through, but simply moving up and down on the player fixes it so it wasn't really a big deal for me.

Also - I think this will be fixed in the day 1 patch, according to what I read on twitter today

Yeah, same.

I don't really like the players progressing after the Off-Season, messes me up. Got 6 Starting Defenceman and another progressed, lol. Although having 7 serviceable D-Man isn't a bad thing, I don't play with Injuries and I don't want them to decrese in Overall.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Yeah, same.

I don't really like the players progressing after the Off-Season, messes me up. Got 6 Starting Defenceman and another progressed, lol. Although having 7 serviceable D-Man isn't a bad thing, I don't play with Injuries and I don't want them to decrese in Overall.

Yeah, I don't know how I feel about it yet to be honest.

I'm 3 seasons into my Leafs GM, and haven't gotten used to it yet. I have a hard time figuring out whether that's because it's a new system and I'm used to the old habit, or if I just don't like it.

It does help signing young players tho - nab them before they get that OA bump. That plus MUCH MORE reasonable salary demands from players now, makes it feel like its much easier to manage under the cap.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Yeah I'm halfway year two in my Sens GM. Having great success.

I have everything possible on Hard Difficulty, including Trade Difficulty. I think I've only made one trade, lol, I don't even remember.

Edit: I've made three total trades, lol.

FifthLine

@AHartScout
Jul 2, 2011
toronto
Yeah I'm halfway year two in my Sens GM. Having great success.

I have everything possible on Hard Difficulty, including Trade Difficulty. I think I've only made one trade, lol, I don't even remember.

Edit: I've made three total trades, lol.

How are you finding the mode? Good trades? Realistic? Waivers? Draft?

SashaSemin28

My Krasnaya Mashina
Mar 11, 2013
Darwen, England.

For me, I have had minor players being waved, no stars or anything, 3rd/4th line players being waived occasionally. Draft is weird to get used to, but I have been pursuing Russia and SM-Liiga only. The trades are a lot harder, and future draft picks having no value is a god send for realism, but frustrating for wanting to rip the CPU off. The way retaining salary works I find interesting aswell, as I have noticed that if you retain say 500K on a 4mil contract, teams are a lot more reasonable when it comes to trading. Overall, I am really into GM mode (always have been), but it is a lot more realistic and doesn't feel like autopilot the entire time. The progression is certainly hard to get used to though as I was livid at the end of my first year as Marcus Johansson had 74 points (playing with Backstrom and Ovechkin until the trade deadline when I started experimenting with my lines for the playoffs, ended with Ovechkin-Backstrom-Semin, Johansson-Grabovski-Tarasenko as my top 6.) He stayed at 83, signed him to a 4 year, 3.5per contract, get to start of pre season, he had jumped to an 85, similar with Orlov who had 35 points, jumping from a 76 to 79 inbetween free agency and preseason. But it feels a lot more natural as a game mode and I feel that it will occupy me for longer aswell when it comes to a GM mode (instead of 5-10 years).

When it comes to the draft, I have been able to get some absolute gems in the later rounds because of dedicating scouting to one or two regions only, drafting a 73 ovr 18 year old with 3 green in the 6th round and a 71 ovr gold in the 7th was brilliant as it makes scouting worthwile I guess.

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012

It is very realistic. If you select Hard Trade Difficulty it will be realistic, you have to give to get. Waivers are improved alot, the best player I've seen go on waivers is Mark Streit, and that made sense, do to his heavy contract. Draft is alright, I don't like the Scouting all that much, like Reinhart and Ekblad didn't go in the top 5 last year for me, even though I scouted them. Drafting is iffy, GM has been improved immensely though.

-----

Loving the player progressing during the season, thanks to good seasons I got Cody Ceci from 74-77 Overall this season and Goalie Oscar Dansk from 70-75 Overall.

FifthLine

@AHartScout
Jul 2, 2011
toronto
For me, I have had minor players being waved, no stars or anything, 3rd/4th line players being waived occasionally. Draft is weird to get used to, but I have been pursuing Russia and SM-Liiga only. The trades are a lot harder, and future draft picks having no value is a god send for realism, but frustrating for wanting to rip the CPU off. The way retaining salary works I find interesting aswell, as I have noticed that if you retain say 500K on a 4mil contract, teams are a lot more reasonable when it comes to trading. Overall, I am really into GM mode (always have been), but it is a lot more realistic and doesn't feel like autopilot the entire time. The progression is certainly hard to get used to though as I was livid at the end of my first year as Marcus Johansson had 74 points (playing with Backstrom and Ovechkin until the trade deadline when I started experimenting with my lines for the playoffs, ended with Ovechkin-Backstrom-Semin, Johansson-Grabovski-Tarasenko as my top 6.) He stayed at 83, signed him to a 4 year, 3.5per contract, get to start of pre season, he had jumped to an 85, similar with Orlov who had 35 points, jumping from a 76 to 79 inbetween free agency and preseason. But it feels a lot more natural as a game mode and I feel that it will occupy me for longer aswell when it comes to a GM mode (instead of 5-10 years).

When it comes to the draft, I have been able to get some absolute gems in the later rounds because of dedicating scouting to one or two regions only, drafting a 73 ovr 18 year old with 3 green in the 6th round and a 71 ovr gold in the 7th was brilliant as it makes scouting worthwile I guess.

It is very realistic. If you select Hard Trade Difficulty it will be realistic, you have to give to get. Waivers are improved alot, the best player I've seen go on waivers is Mark Streit, and that made sense, do to his heavy contract. Draft is alright, I don't like the Scouting all that much, like Reinhart and Ekblad didn't go in the top 5 last year for me, even though I scouted them. Drafting is iffy, GM has been improved immensely though.

-----

Loving the player progressing during the season, thanks to good seasons I got Cody Ceci from 74-77 Overall this season and Goalie Oscar Dansk from 70-75 Overall.

Sounds great, thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad