Friedman: Dylan Strome on the move?

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
That's your own opinion, trades happen all the time some are great for both teams some are one-sided in the end each team needs a willing trading partner.

Chicago doesn't have to move strome , but teams have now figured out their needs and realize if a deal can be struck Chicago will part ways with him.

I'm not a strome fan however he has shown to be capable of putting up 40 to 60 points in a season which is respectful, unfortunately Chicago has no use for him . Don't conflate Chicago's willingness to move him as a sign strome is awful , he just doesn't fit in with Chicago game plan.
It's not my opinion. You said "nobody expected Johnson or fluery to be handed over for a mere low level prospect or a ltir seabrook." That's objectively not true. You can look at the threads on this board and see that most people thought TB would have to attach a 1st or 2nd round pick to Johnson. No one thought Fleury was going to return more than a 2nd or 3rd. Most people expected low to no return on those two players.

So you can expect a 1st and a top prospect for Strome but the odds of it happening are about 100:1.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Nothing is impossible, but pointing that out doesn't make it likely either.

Do you have an example of a trade where a 50-ish point, 24-year old forward returned one of team's top prospects? There may be one, but I'm currently drawing a blank.

The entire point in this discussion is strome is a very serviceable young cheap center who will produce 40 to 60 points , is his defense lacking sure but that doesn't lessen his value.

A top prospect is someone whom a team has high hopes for but still no guarantee.

Any team taking strome knows what their getting with hopes he can reach a new level. Off the top of my head I can't point to one trade , however that doesn't mean that it's not a option

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
It's not my opinion. You said "nobody expected Johnson or fluery to be handed over for a mere low level prospect or a ltir seabrook." That's objectively not true. You can look at the threads on this board and see that most people thought TB would have to attach a 1st or 2nd round pick to Johnson. No one thought Fleury was going to return more than a 2nd or 3rd. Most people expected low to no return on those two players.

So you can expect a 1st and a top prospect for Strome but the odds of it happening are about 100:1.

I wasn't expecting a 1st but a top young prospect is very much attainable plus a 2nd or 3rd . Strome is right now imo the only cheap serviceable young center who can produce 40 to 60 points.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I wasn't expecting a 1st but a top young prospect is very much attainable plus a 2nd or 3rd . Strome is right now imo the only cheap serviceable young center who can produce 40 to 60 points.

define top prospect? A top prospect that team has already soured on, maybe

Also, he is more of a 30-40 pt guy than 60 pts

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
To Buffalo:
Strome
Labanc
Bordeleau
2023 1st from Sharks

To Sharks:
Eichel

To Chicago:
Radim Simek
Alex Chmelevski
2023 2nd

Sharks empty the cupboard for fun, try to win in 2023 and let Eichel have his surgery this year. Keep their 2022 pick which will probably be high.

Chicago gets a prospect who hasn’t been able to break in for the Sharks but is on the cusp. Simek is a solid defenseman. 2nd rounder provides some value.

Buffalo gets a youngish center and youngish winger. Sharks #2 prospect after Eklund and a 2023 1st.

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
To Buffalo:
Strome
Labanc
Bordeleau
2023 1st from Sharks

To Sharks:
Eichel

To Chicago:
Radim Simek
Alex Chmelevski
2023 2nd

Sharks empty the cupboard for fun, try to win in 2023 and let Eichel have his surgery this year. Keep their 2022 pick which will probably be high.

Chicago gets a prospect who hasn’t been able to break in for the Sharks but is on the cusp. Simek is a solid defenseman. 2nd rounder provides some value.

Buffalo gets a youngish center and youngish winger. Sharks #2 prospect after Eklund and a 2023 1st.
So its basically
:hawks
To Chicago:
Radim Simek
Alex Chmelevski
2023 2nd

Out:
Dylan Strome

I believe we take it.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
The entire point in this discussion is strome is a very serviceable young cheap center who will produce 40 to 60 points , is his defense lacking sure but that doesn't lessen his value.

A top prospect is someone whom a team has high hopes for but still no guarantee.

Any team taking strome knows what their getting with hopes he can reach a new level. Off the top of my head I can't point to one trade , however that doesn't mean that it's not a option
He's not serviceable and his lack of defense certainly lessens his value, along with his lack of skating, hitting, competing etc. He's not returning a team's top prospect. Thats delusional.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
To Buffalo:
Strome
Labanc
Bordeleau
2023 1st from Sharks

To Sharks:
Eichel

To Chicago:
Radim Simek
Alex Chmelevski
2023 2nd

That’s like 300% value going to CHI.

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Lehkonen + Kulak + 3rd rd (or a 2nd rd pick?) (4,175 mil)

for

Dylan Strome + Ian Mitchell (3,925 mil)

Mtl retain 0,125 mil to make it eaven salary wise.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Good luck Dylan!

latest

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Blackhawks are actively looking to move Shaws contract could package his contract with strome . Buffalo is a team of possibilities

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
So its basically
:hawks
To Chicago:
Radim Simek
Alex Chmelevski
2023 2nd

Out:
Dylan Strome

I believe we take it.
That's awful for Chicago.

Strome is a 50 point scorer.

Simek, Chemelvski, and a 2nd round pick that Mark Kelley will f*** up, will never amount to what Strome can offer.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
My proposal:

To Buffalo: Shaw, Connolly, Strome
To Chicago: Future Considerations

Buffalo eats 9.3 in cap space this year, 2.375 next year

Chicago gets room to add another player to their roster.

Reactions: Pertti and Taylorst

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2