Rumor: Dylan Strome is available (per Elliotte Friedman)

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
Strome for 2m pipe dream, willingly admit.

4-5m for RFA is not playing hard ball which almost everyone(inc. Me) wants SB to do.

And what is the minimum price for trade?

Accordint to capfriendly $2,113,717 - $4,227,437(AAV) compensation is 2 round pick, which I think is good value for Strome.

Last edited:

WarLax

Apr 17, 2016
On the latest Blackhawks Talk podcast, Friedman walked back on his initial statement regarding Strome. Essentially stating that he isnt untouchable, but that the hawks are not actively looking to move him at all.

Reactions: BK

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Strome for 2m pipe dream, willingly admit.

4-5m for RFA is not playing hard ball which almost everyone(inc. Me) wants SB to do.

And what is the minimum price for trade?

Accordint to capfriendly $2,113,717 - $4,227,437(AAV) compensation is 2 round pick, which I think is good value for Strome.

that’s pretty awful actually.

we have turned a 20th overall pick in Schmaltz into Regula and a 2nd Strome would still get a first

Reactions: bwana63

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
It's so unnecessary too. He obviously has good sources, but for some reason comes up with shit out of thin air and runs with it for no reason.
The worst is when people cite his 31 thoughts as confirmed news that teams are talking when he is just throwing shit at all the wall and seeing if it sticks

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
It's so unnecessary too. He obviously has good sources, but for some reason comes up with shit out of thin air and runs with it for no reason.
The worst is when people cite his 31 thoughts as confirmed news that teams are talking when he is just throwing shit at all the wall and seeing if it sticks

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Basically, this whole thread is pointless and I’m frankly kind of glad. I think the Hawks should keep Strome, but play hardball with him and get that AAV down

He’s an imperfect 3C, but I don’t see the next Dave Bolland walking through the door anytime soon.

Reactions: KWP

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
On the latest Blackhawks Talk podcast, Friedman walked back on his initial statement regarding Strome. Essentially stating that he isnt untouchable, but that the hawks are not actively looking to move him at all.
I do think there might have been something to the Blackhawks putting that out there to let Strome and his agent know if he doesn’t play ball in contract negotiations, they’re not afraid to move him.

Reactions: KWP and BobbyJet

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
I was gonna post the GIF of Barratt doing the cry baby face to Lindgren in the penalty box, then immediately getting out of the box destroying him open ice and puts the puck bar down. But apparently that GIF is gone now.

One of my favorite sequences I’ve seen in a college hockey game in awhile. Barratt can be a bit of a rat. For sure not a fun player to play against in a lot of the same ways Bolland was.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I was gonna post the GIF of Barratt doing the cry baby face to Lindgren in the penalty box, then immediately getting out of the box destroying him open ice and puts the puck bar down. But apparently that GIF is gone now.

One of my favorite sequences I’ve seen in a college hockey game in awhile. Barratt can be a bit of a rat. For sure not a fun player to play against in a lot of the same ways Bolland was.

Barrett has Bolland/Shaw in his game. It is fun to watch.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Basically, this whole thread is pointless and I’m frankly kind of glad. I think the Hawks should keep
Strome, but play hardball with him and get that AAV down

He’s an imperfect 3C, but I don’t see the next Dave Bolland walking through the door anytime soon.

Strome will be rockfords captain next year. Him and Teply on the same line.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Question for you fellas. How much time in Rockford do you think Barratt will need?
I've been able to watch him a few times and his playing style to me seems like he could secure a spot on the hawks from day 1.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Do you give Strome a one year deal then and see whether Barratt is a real deal Bolland-like 3C? If he his, you still own Strome’s RFA rights next offseason and can move them
No matter what, a bridge deal is the right answer. Whether it be a year or two or three, who knows.

But Barratt and I'll add in Kurashev, are both potentially capable of being a good middle six center.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad