Rumor: Dylan Strome is available (per Elliotte Friedman)

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I’d do the Hanifin for Strome deal all day. Something needs to be said with Stanbo constantly walking back trades and draft picks though. This is not normal. I guess we are getting conditioned to it though.

Felt this for a while. The more you look into it the less it looks good for Stan

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
Ideally, you’d get a young, mobile LH two-way D like a Hanifin or a Sanheim back if you’re trading Strome. Philly probably doesn’t make that trade as they have a bunch of Cs already but Calgary I could see maybe having interest in a trade like that.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Would you rather have Strome as a 3C, or prime Bolland as a 3C?
Prime Bolland for sure. Loved that guy!
Not that I don't like Strome .. just that Bolland was a perfect 3LC.
In all honesty .. if the Hawks decide to hold onto Strome it could work could it not to run with these C's :
Dach - Strome - Toews as our 1 - 2 - 3
this is of course in two years ish ...

Reactions: KWP

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
How about a top-6 lineup like

Kubalik-Toews-Kane
DeBrincat-Dach-Saad

Then you make a bottom-6 from:

Caggiula
Nylander
Shaw (maybe)
Smith
Carpenter
Kampf
Kurashev
Quenneville
Highmore
Maybe Fortin comes in as a 4th liner
Maybe Sikura gets his shit together

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs

Kubalik-Toews-Kane
DeBrincat-Dach-Saad

Caggiula
Nylander
Shaw (maybe)
Smith
Carpenter
Kampf
Kurashev
Quenneville
Highmore

3rd line: Nylander-Shalunov-Kurashev

Barratt could be the back stop, should Shalunov not come over. I'd rather have Barratt seasoned in the A. No Shalunov? Nylander-Kurashev-Caggs.

4th line: Caggs-Carpenter-Kampf

Love this line. Dogs.

13th: Highmore

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
3rd line: Nylander-Shalunov-Kurashev

Barratt could be the back stop, should Shalunov not come over. I'd rather have Barratt seasoned in the A. No Shalunov? Nylander-Kurashev-Caggs.

4th line: Caggs-Carpenter-Kampf

Love this line. Dogs.

13th: Highmore

Stan’s vision for what this team will look like could be something similar to this. Not sure whether this team goes to the playoffs, but at least the top-6 has 4/6 guys who are effective at board battles and playing in their own end.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

Kubalik-Toews-Kane
DeBrincat-Dach-Saad

Caggiula
Nylander
Shaw (maybe)
Smith
Carpenter
Kampf
Kurashev
Quenneville
Highmore

That bottom 6 would be hot garbage other than Caggiula and maybe Nylander if he ever takes the next step....too many fringe guys that would be a 13F or worse on a contender

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
this is the roster i came up with if they compliance buyout seabrook and buyout smith, maatta and de haan and the cap stays flat and they deal strome for hanifin

upload_2020-4-8_9-23-32.png

edit: i think this team actually has a 6.5m penalty for seabrook...in way better shape if uncle jerry comes through with the buyout

Last edited:

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
That bottom 6 would be hot garbage other than Caggiula and maybe Nylander if he ever takes the next step....too many fringe guys that would be a 13F or worse on a contender

Yep, but that’s what is there at the moment without changes and minus Strome.

Obviously lots of upgrading to do, but maybe that’s the top-6 he’s aiming for

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Will Saad even be willing to sign a deal without a NMC in 2021 because he will probably want to avoid the expansion draft if possible. If he's not likely to be here beyond next year then just trade Saad this summer and keep Strome, imo. Tell Strome go find an offer sheet or sign a 1 year deal and come back to the table when the cap situation in the NHL has more clarity. Rather sell Saad for picks and prospects than Strome who could potentially have years of control quite easily whereas Saad might be gone by February 2021.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
He's an Arizona hater or what?
Funny. An Edmonton fan told me that they were getting a raw deal, and AZ was making out too well. I thought it was pretty heavily tilted in Edmonton's favor honestly. The RNH for OEL component is a HUGE gamble for AZ. Basically banking on the addition of RNH influencing Hall to re-sign, and the Hall re-signing influencing RNH to re-sign. Big gamble. Especially given both are late-20s at this point, anyhow, and the long-term deals they're require are risky, even without considering the acquisition cost on both players. Not to mention we've already seen the results of the Hall & RNH show before, and they weren't exactly great.

The only reason I'd even consider a base of OEL for RNH as a Yotes fan is I can't stomach going into another season with the league's worst group of centers. We've been doing it for like 20 years now. I also can't stand the thought of our already piss poor offense (another hallmark of the last 20 years) losing Hall. We have to keep him. We have to add to him. We have to score some f***ing goals at some point. I'm willing to get worse to score more. LOL.

Reactions: KWP and magnificent

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
The Hawks could keep Strome if they wanted to by trading Saad. It seems they value Saad's two way game more than Strome's offense only game.

They aren't the only ones. That said, in the hard cap world of the NHL, one always has to look at contracts. If Saad's holding out for a big raise, cut bait.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
They aren't the only ones. That said, in the hard cap world of the NHL, one always has to look at contracts. If Saad's holding out for a big raise, cut bait.
Saad is paid appropriately for what he brings. If he wants more than a 500k raise to re-sign, then keep Strome and trade him. 6.5M AAV is my max for Saad(based on 2019-20 salary structures) , and I wouldn't go more than 4 or 5 years on him either.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Saad is paid appropriately for what he brings. If he wants more than a 500k raise to re-sign, then keep Strome and trade him. 6.5M AAV is my max for Saad(based on 2019-20 salary structures) , and I wouldn't go more than 4 or 5 years on him either.
Saad is overpaid by $1M. Let's be real.

ColbyChaos

Sep 27, 2017
Will County
I take Saad over Strome with our current roster all day.

Id rather have Dach and Strome as our centers 2 seasons from now when Toews ineviably drops off.

Saad either walks in free agency or is kept on a stupid contract where he will then go back to sucking the way he did in 18 and 19 all the while struggling to even score 30pts. He was worth 6.5 for the player he was in 2015, the player he is now isnt in that ball park.

Saad should be traded now before we have another Gustafsson on our hands in that we held on for a season way to long and get a pathetic return in a trade.

Reactions: KWP and Kevin Musto

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I take Saad over Strome with our current roster all day.
It depends on what you're trying to do in 2021 honestly. Thinking short-term, you keep Saad. Thinking long-term, you keep Strome to be the 2C behind Dach. If you win the 2nd pick in the lottery, you keep Saad as well, as both Byfield and Stutzle could fill that role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad