Rumor: Dylan Strome is available (per Elliotte Friedman)

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
It depends on what you're trying to do in 2021 honestly. Thinking short-term, you keep Saad. Thinking long-term, you keep Strome to be the 2C behind Dach. If you win the 2nd pick in the lottery, you keep Saad as well, as both Byfield and Stutzle could fill that role.

That’s definitely not something you plan around before it actually happens, especially when it would require jumping seven spots

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Rather keep Saad than Strome .Shalinov is signing ....He will be 2nd or 3rd line center
No way......I'd be surprised if Shalunov made the team next year. He hasn't been that productive in the KHL. Gusev was a star in the KHL and was on a 55 point pace in the NHL.

It's worth giving Shalunov a tryout, but I expect him to be back in Russia for good by November.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Shalunov looks like a faster version of Strome in KHL. Obviously there is a lot more time to work with the puck. And Shalunov has better shot and at least in KHL he uses his body better than Strome in NHL.

Not saying it will translate but he is dark horse in next years team. I think he will eventually be winger but hopefully he gives us flexibility.

3rd line of Cat - Strome - Shalunov doesnt sound a bad one if Max could do something like Kubalik.

Reactions: Drumman44

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Shalunov looks like a faster version of Strome in KHL. Obviously there is a lot more time to work with the puck. And Shalunov has better shot and at least in KHL he uses his body better than Strome in NHL.

Not saying it will translate but he is dark horse in next years team. I think he will eventually be winger but hopefully he gives us flexibility.

3rd line of Cat - Strome - Shalunov doesnt sound a bad one if Max could do something like Kubalik.

Shalunov can only sign an ELC, is that right?

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
What is minimum value you'd take for Strome?

if he signs for max 3y/2m, I'd go high 2 round pick. If he want considerably more y/$ then let him walk.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
$2M AAV? lol

Strome didn't meet expectations, but $2M per is an utter pipe dream.

Yeah I’m far from a Strome fan but his 82 PPG pace since we acquired him is like 62, and he’s still only 22 years old.

I’m guessing he gets somewhere between 4-5.5M depending on how many years he wants.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad