Dylan Strome Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
George just doesn’t comprehend the concept of development not being linear. Apparently Musto doesn’t either.
Huh?

What about Strome's game shouldn't result in a better season? Strome put up 51 points in 58 games with the Hawks. On pace for 72 points in 82 games.

This season Strome is going to be properly conditioned, better stamina, improved skating, physically stronger, being in a system right from the get go, and it's a contract year. It's not a guarantee of course, but all signs point to Strome being even better.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Huh?

What about Strome's game shouldn't result in a better season? Strome put up 51 points in 58 games with the Hawks. On pace for 72 points in 82 games.

This season Strome is going to be properly conditioned, better stamina, improved skating, physically stronger, being in a system right from the get go, and it's a contract year. It's not a guarantee of course, but all signs point to Strome being even better.

None of that guarantees he will produce more. It’s fine for you to predict that he will based on all that rational, but to badger people for citing rational reasons for a downturn is shitty of you.

A linear growth for Strome isn’t as guaranteed as you’re trying to make it seem it is.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
When did this happen? I must've missed this

Badger was a poor word choice on my part, I must have interpreted your post with a worse tone when I was less sober.

“A poorly conditioned Strome out of Arizona managed to put up about 60 points and yet some of you are predicting he does worse than this...”

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I fully suspect Strome's trajectory to continue the up swing

He likely gets a better more stable winger to go along with Cat, a skilled shooter with some size and speed. would be perfect fit so many options

I see him reaching 75+ this year

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
@Kevin Musto That Strome dance move in the other clip gonna be a new gif for you? :laugh:
Which dance clip? This one?
giphy.gif

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Huh?

Strong conditioning, skating, strength is what will help Strome move to the next level and prove me right in my long term confidence re his skill (going back to his minor hockey days). The caveat is "awesome off season" has not been a guarantee for Strome the last few years. I will not attack him as 'lazy' and have, in the past, been quite vocal that he ran into problems in AZ that were beyond his control. Having said that, even going back to jr, he has not necessarily put in the off season work that's required. I have faith that being a Hawk rather than a Coyote will have helped get the message to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad