Dylan Strome Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
That he's staying in town and adhering to Cat's training regimen, speaks volumes. He had some success, but he wants more. And he's doing something about it. Incremental improvements in skating, strength and quickness, should elevate his game. Am thinking we'll get a new and improved version of Strome this season.

Scary part is there is so much incremental improvement to be had physically and he was already at nearly a ppg pace with Cat with the awkward skating, etc that a fully polished Strome in a couple years will have massive upside. Arizona did such a terrible job developing him..

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Scary part is there is so much incremental improvement to be had physically and he was already at nearly a ppg pace with Cat with the awkward skating, etc that a fully polished Strome in a couple years will have massive upside. Arizona did such a terrible job developing him..

Indeed. He's far from a finished product. Vaseline by the barrel!

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
I am afraid that the posters here are a little high in expectation for Strome. yes, he had a great year last year and showed promise. He likely will be better conditioned, stronger and will possess more stamina than last year - if the conditioning & training he undertook this summer bears fruit. And he will be more experienced and more polished. So... I see why people are excited and it is reasonable to project some of the numbers that people are projecting for him. But...

That was one season (last year). Lets give it time before we proclaim him the points machine that many here are doing. As a second-line center, if he is well-rounded (face-offs, possession, back contribution to defense, etc.) then if he is a 50-55 pt player that would be good, borderline very good. If he did that, then we should all be pleased. Anything beyond that, we should be thrilled. Placing expectations on a second-line center to be a near point-per-game player (or more) is expecting a great deal. I think the kid will be very good - but expecting 70-80+ points is a bit much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad