Dylan "Stromboli" Strome Appreciation Thread 4

Will this thread be shutdown?

• Total voters

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Package Strome up for Taylor Hall. Let’s get weird with this season. Buffalo’s incompetent so maybe they’ll bite.

interesting idea because it kind of feels like a slap in the face to subtract from this team so maybe they add but hall is probably going to a real contender for a decent price, is strome better than a late 1st to buffalo, argument to be made there

Reactions: Hattrick Kane

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Mittelstadt can skate, and well. Strome can't.
I mean compared to Strome his skating is decent but I certainly wouldn't say it's something that's ever stood out about his game. He's a skilled but very soft perimeter player with average IQ who can't crack the Sabres roster as a regular player in his D + 4 season.

I'd rather not trade our skilled yet soft and lazy forward for another skilled forward with question marks about work ethic and physicality, who's even less proven. Would honestly go for a draft pick at that point, Hawks drafting has been on point the last couple years

Last edited:
Reactions: x Tame Impala

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Strome and Wallmark to CGY for Bennett Nordstrom and a 2021 3rd(Flames have two)...

Bennet has grit and I don't think he's reached his potential yet, Nordstrom would fill Wallmarks meh minutes...Hawks would get the better OT Edmonton or Calgarys 3rd rounder

FeatherHead

Oct 5, 2017
“Stromboli” is fitting. About all he should be doing at this point is delivering them to the locker room in between periods. Such a shame. He was putting up decent numbers when he first arrived. I thought we’d fleeced the Yotes on that trade. I’d appreciate Pizza Boy a lot more if wasn’t on the roster.

FeatherHead

Oct 5, 2017
Mittelstadt's numbers seem fairly similar to Nylander. Is he that much of a better player?
No. Just another disappointing Buffalo first rounder. Zadorov. Ristolainen. Middlestadt. Reinhart. You could go on and on. They’re right behind Edmonton in the “we suck at drafting” department.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
My concern with Bennett is how many penalty minutes he wracks up. Have to weigh if Bennett is productive enough to outweigh him putting the team shorthanded often.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
My concern with Bennett is how many penalty minutes he wracks up. Have to weigh if Bennett is productive enough to outweigh him putting the team shorthanded often.
don't matter with the coaching change in Calgary Bennett is going to get a fresh start and he is going to be allowed to play in a way that he can succeed IMO, that is what Daryl Suter is great at as a coach, he allows players to play to their strengths

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
Have Strome and Hagel played much together? Might be a nice Yin-Yan balance.. keep Kubidoo there with Kurashev getting some time too

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
In what universe doesn't Daryl Sutter kill Strome with his bare hands?
Sutter back in Hawks days was pleaded to by Joe Murphy that if the Hawks signed Bernie Nicholls he'd guarantee to score 40 goals...in the lockout shortened 94-95 season he scored 23 in 40 with Nicholls(who lead the team in points)...but when asked Sutter said "we don't need anymore floaters!" LOL

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Id prefer a pick, the higher the better. Strome's 3M cap is going to come in handy and we should try to keep the prospect pool good enough down the line for when the contending/cap crunching starts.

We are lucky that our forward group seems good enough that we don't need to search for major pieces.

Reactions: Hattrick Kane

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Colliton has done really well with the kids. I don't want to wait 3-4 seasons for a 2nd rounder to be ready. I'd rather take the chance that he can turn around Mittelstadt and Thompson. Thompson is at worst a 4th liner with size, and Mittelstadt can't really be much worse than Strome is now. Get those kids out of the toxic environment that is the Buffalo organization.
Just like Nylander right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad