Dylan "Stromboli" Strome Appreciation Thread 4

Will this thread be shutdown?

• Total voters

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Weren't the Hawks really high on Sam Colangelo?

Strome for Colangelo + Terry wouldn't surprise me.

Though I would push for Jacob Perreault.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Weren't the Hawks really high on Sam Colangelo?

Strome for Colangelo + Terry wouldn't surprise me.

Though I would push for Jacob Perreault.

I like that trade a lot. Colangelo could really help us coming in with an ELC like two years down the line, providing a big body type player too.

Not sure we have the spot to give Terry a proper chance to develop consistency but it would be worth a shot.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I liked the guy from his first 100 games with the Hawks. Since then though....yikes. Which guy is the real Strome? I'm guessing we have another season to find out.

Strome's first 100 games with the Hawks:
81 pts

Next 50:
21 pts

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I thought Cat was the reason Strome's point totals weren't as good as they could be?

I feel like I've been so focused on his softness and ribbing Musto that I completely ignored the fact that this clown isn't even producing.

He has to be the biggest disappointment of this season, by far.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
This is why you people can't be listening to Musto. Dude was wrong on Dylan, dude's been wrong on Ian.

I don't want to see another Khusnutdinov situation where he hypes a guy in the draft and everyone else falls in line. Need to learn not to buy into his whatever he's selling.

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
This is why you people can't be listening to Musto. Dude was wrong on Dylan, dude's been wrong on Ian.

I don't want to see another Khusnutdinov situation where he hypes a guy in the draft and everyone else falls in line. Need to learn not to buy into his whatever he's selling.
To be fair wasn't he one of the few that was excited about the Dach pick? But yeah, Musto has had a rough season with Strome being garbage and Mitchell falling off hard after a strong start.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Hard to see Strome in Chicago past this summer...He wasn't missed very much when he was out of the lineup and now he's a healthy scratch...Also has been moved off center much like Anisimov was before he was traded, unless the trade market for him is terrible then as long as they get decent value he's probably gone after this year...Not a disaster if they do keep him but he doesn't bring what they need

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
To be fair wasn't he one of the few that was excited about the Dach pick? But yeah, Musto has had a rough season with Strome being garbage and Mitchell falling off hard after a strong start.
Yes, he was.

Though if he was really high on Dach, there'd be a dozen appreciation threads for him already. There isn't, because Dach isn't his guy, Strome is (with Mitchell a distant 2nd).

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Yes, he was.

Though if he was really high on Dach, there'd be a dozen appreciation threads for him already. There isn't, because Dach isn't his guy, Strome is (with Mitchell a distant 2nd).

He did hop on the Dach train a day or two before the draft and a lot of people were not in agreement with that...Hard to fault anyone about Mitchell, most of the board was high on him, Strome is a different story

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Drouin would be kind of interesting if they could make the money work...he's two years away from free agency, maybe they could put him with Kane and Dach on the wing and he bags 50-60 points and they flip him at the following deadline for a nice return, that's not going to happen with Strome

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

image.png

Reactions: CallMeShaft

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
He did hop on the Dach train a day or two before the draft and a lot of people were not in agreement with that...Hard to fault anyone about Mitchell, most of the board was high on him, Strome is a different story
We were high on Mitchell because someone kept pumping him up every single day.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Hard to see Strome in Chicago past this summer...He wasn't missed very much when he was out of the lineup and now he's a healthy scratch...Also has been moved off center much like Anisimov was before he was traded, unless the trade market for him is terrible then as long as they get decent value he's probably gone after this year...Not a disaster if they do keep him but he doesn't bring what they need

That probably will be the case. It wouldn't surprise me if he has less value than Sam Bennett.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad