Player Discussion Dylan McIlrath Part V: #FreeHim

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrbitalDynamics

#Unsurprised
May 22, 2008
Stalag Luft JFK
You know what's frustrating? McIlrath is more than likely going to end up getting traded.To a division rival.To smear Ranger players for the next decade.For nothing.

Because Mister Vigneault likes poodles who whoosh about,twirling and passing...

Mister Vigneault has 87 year old Dan Boyle in the crease getting crosschecked into next week by Niskanen FFS.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
McIlrath was seen as a bust and bad pick,now he got a chance and looked great and finally seems like he's going to pan out and be a good player for us and ****ing AV doesn't like him. Super.

JerseyRangers*

Can't believe these tweets aren't in this thread yet...

So what I'm getting out of that is that AV is on crack. Glad we could clear that up.

No doubt that with today's stellar play Girardi reinforced the notion that he is a better all around defensemen then McI.

What a frickin jerk AV is. Haven't disliked a Rangers coach this much in a long, long time.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
So what I'm getting out of that is that AV is on crack. Glad we could clear that up.

No doubt that with today's stellar play Girardi reinforced the notion that he is a better all around defensemen then McI.

What a frickin jerk AV is. Haven't disliked a Rangers coach this much in a long, long time.

I choose to assume he's lying to cover for a vet who busted his ass but behind the scenes he knows that Girardi is on his last legs and internally he's extremely happy to have McI for the next few years. These guys sometimes lie

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I choose to assume he's lying to cover for a vet who busted his ass but behind the scenes he knows that Girardi is on his last legs and internally he's extremely happy to have McI for the next few years. These guys sometimes lie

I mean if its a class-relates move, then he should be putting Girardi into positions to SUCCEED, not fail.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
It's absolutely feasible that Girardi retires this offseason...

If he really wants to play for the rangers but he doesn't fit the team anymore they will either LTIR him or they'll ask him to consider retirement.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
It's absolutely feasible that Girardi retires this offseason...

If he really wants to play for the rangers but he doesn't fit the team anymore they will either LTIR him or they'll ask him to consider retirement.

Lol... I guarantee girardi wants to play out his contract in New York...
He's a warrior that'll do anything for this franchise.

And if he does retire doesn't he stay on the cap

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
If this happens there will be some heat between the two. This won't end well for AV.

Can't automatically assume that the coach loses--Smith tried to fire Schmuckler and wasn't allowed to by his bosses. Both ended up getting fired. AV has had much more success than that idiot ever did here.

More likely Gorton is willing to spread the blame, if this group of players can't recover over the second half of the season. And we don't know how much say Sather (who commands a great deal of respect from his bosses) has overall.

This is just act I.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Can't believe these tweets aren't in this thread yet...

O2KSaqz.gif

Pretty sure AV is just a sociopath who wants to watch the world burn.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
O2KSaqz.gif

Pretty sure AV is just a sociopath who wants to watch the world burn.

Nope just an idiot that can't evaluate talent and is more worried about getting a few crappy vets going after 2 year long slumps than playing the best available lineup to get the team out of a horrible slumps for the past month and a half

JC704

Jan 6, 2012
IMO, we need a major news outlet/writer to basically write an extensive article hammering how bad Dan Girardi has been. McIlrath's Corsi was legitimately as good as a top-pairing defender when he was in. It goes beyond the Corsi though. He passed the eye test. He passed every test. He was playing so good, other teams were noticing him and game-planning for him. Inexplicably not being in the lineup and having the team dress one inferior player (Girardi) and a player who has the versatility to play on any pairing, but doesn't have the ceiling and is several years older (Klein) is terrible management.

Between that and not going to every length to keep Yandle, I'm legitimately starting to question management. Not just AV, but everybody in the front office. I'm afraid they missed the window to properly turnover the roster enough. That doesn't mean they can't rack up 95-100 points each season, which they probably still will, but everybody knows how severely flawed this team is now. Not playing McIlrath is unquestionably dumb, and it genuinely upsets me that no other person who covers/writes about this team has the stones to step up and acknowledge the obvious.

All it takes is one piece or tweet; "Girardi hasn't been a top-pairing defender all season. Let him heal and give minutes to Klein/McI."

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
IMO, we need a major news outlet/writer to basically write an extensive article hammering how bad Dan Girardi has been. McIlrath's Corsi was legitimately as good as a top-pairing defender when he was in. It goes beyond the Corsi though. He passed the eye test. He passed every test. He was playing so good, other teams were noticing him and game-planning for him. Inexplicably not being in the lineup and having the team dress one inferior player (Girardi) and a player who has the versatility to play on any pairing, but doesn't have the ceiling and is several years older (Klein) is terrible management.

Between that and not going to every length to keep Yandle, I'm legitimately starting to question management. Not just AV, but everybody in the front office. I'm afraid they missed the window to properly turnover the roster enough. That doesn't mean they can't rack up 95-100 points each season, which they probably still will, but everybody knows how severely flawed this team is now. Not playing McIlrath is unquestionably dumb, and it genuinely upsets me that no other person who covers/writes about this team has the stones to step up and acknowledge the obvious.

All it takes is one piece or tweet; "Girardi hasn't been a top-pairing defender all season. Let him heal and give minutes to Klein/McI."

Our beat writers are idiots. Last year when a guy like Glass did nothing right and I'm not talking about advanced stats, eye test, traditional stats, you name it, they didn't mention how bad he was and MOCKED fans for thinking he sucked. What do you expect when it comes to a "warrior" like Girardi? Our beat writers might as well be the guy down the street working at the 7/11. Useless.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Our beat writers are idiots. Last year when a guy like Glass did nothing right and I'm not talking about advanced stats, eye test, traditional stats, you name it, they didn't mention how bad he was and MOCKED fans for thinking he sucked. What do you expect when it comes to a "warrior" like Girardi? Our beat writers might as well be the guy down the street working at the 7/11. Useless.

They are completely useless. Other than reporting what other people say (which anyone can do), they provide nothing. I've said this in other threads but the average poster on here writes more intelligent posts than our beat writers do. A lot of that is because they're all scared to shake the apple cart - they all want to be friends with everyone in the locker room. It's the same thing with Micheletti.

Last edited:

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
AV is really strange when it comes to his public criticism of players. Why say this about McIlrath? What is gained by that? At least with Hayes you had a guy who was getting regular time in the lineup and needed a wake up call. McIlrath played great when he was in. There's no motivation being provided here, in fact, it's the complete opposite because now McIlrath knows that no matter what he does he's not getting back in unless someone gets hurt. What a ridiculous set of comments by AV.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
AV is really strange when it comes to his public criticism of players. Why say this about McIlrath? What is gained by that? At least with Hayes you had a guy who was getting regular time in the lineup and needed a wake up call. McIlrath played great when he was in. There's no motivation being provided here, in fact, it's the complete opposite because now McIlrath knows that no matter what he does he's not getting back in unless someone gets hurt. What a ridiculous set of comments by AV.

I just think AV is arrogant and he'll defend his own decisions to the death because he's never going to admit that he was/is wrong.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

Im okay with AV but putting this kid down for no reason yesterday was ridiculous. He could have just as easily said, We were very pleased with how Dylan played for us when guys were injured. He is going to be a big player for us in the future. It's just a numbers game now but he will get his chance.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Im okay with AV but putting this kid down for no reason yesterday was ridiculous. He could have just as easily said, We were very pleased with how Dylan played for us when guys were injured. He is going to be a big player for us in the future. It's just a numbers game now but he will get his chance.

But no he decided to attack mcilrath... AV is acting like he's cornered.. his fight or flight instinct activated. I hope he feels the pressure to change something. Or everything...

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
At least AV dropped the comment about Girardi being better than McIlrath before the game. Girardi then followed it up with a free goal to ovi...

Idiot sucks at hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad