Player Discussion Dylan McIlrath Part V: #FreeHim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
So we're losing without him in the lineup. I don't understand why they don't just play him to try to change it up. Plus he hits hard and and clears the crease like a beast not to mention he fights for his team. Things like that get your team fired up during games. plus he's played amazing, it just sends a message to the young players thats confusing. Etem gets sat for playing bad, makes sense ( don't think he really deserved to be on the roster after the way he played in preseason anyway), mcilrath plays amazing doesn't earn a spot, now Lindberg is starting to get going by scoring a goal gets sat. Talk about poor asset management. That's like buying new tires for your car but leaving flats (glass) and worn tires (girardi) on.

It's the right thing to do to play those guys and not McIlrath. (AV's words not mine)

ThatsNashty61*

Are they secretly tanking? The right thing to do is take girardi out after the horrendous turnover instead of defending him. Even rookie year jt Miller wouldn't do that.

AV is doing a poor job filling out the lineup card. Add that to Hank playing well below standards and we are an average team.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Are they secretly tanking? The right thing to do is take girardi out after the horrendous turnover instead of defending him. Even rookie year jt Miller wouldn't do that.

I've thought about it... Maybe Gorton wants that 1st rounder for this year so he's forcing AV to play Girardi? Maybe even injure himself further so he retires?!

Conspiracies abound!

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Please give him a chance with mcdonagh... He's been a positive on the third and 2nd pair.. wats the worst thing that happens? He plays a few bad shifts and then u just switch him and Klein if he can't handle it yet

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Watch them call up Summers and play him. Watch.

Is it really necessary to encourage people to think negatively? Whether or not the Rangers recall a D I would think even you believe that McIlrath's going to play at least until Girardi is deemed healthy enough to play again. There's really no rational reason to think otherwise. Dylan has played well when he's gotten the chance--everyone knows it.

OrbitalDynamics

#Unsurprised
May 22, 2008
Stalag Luft JFK
They don't play until Thursday.Plenty of time to sew/staple G's hand and then wrap it in duct tape.Gorilla tape is very strong.

Girardi will play, McIlrath won't.
Book it.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Me when he's not in the lineup

giphy.gif

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
Nah, if Girardi isn't playing, it'll be McIlrath.

He's proved he can play and he plays the right side.

The bigger question is whether or not Girardi suits up. I have a feeling he might.

I think the warrior is feeling the pressure from McIlrath and doesn't want to give him any more chances to earn a spot. If he would force his way back with a cracked kneecap, he'll do it for a cut on the hand.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
I think the warrior is feeling the pressure from McIlrath and doesn't want to give him any more chances to earn a spot. If he would force his way back with a cracked kneecap, he'll do it for a cut on the hand.

Girardi didn't force his way back into the lineup. He was cleared by the medical staff to play and AV put him in the lineup.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Hahaha:

Vigneault said it is “less than 50-50” defenseman Dan Girardi plays against the Islanders after he was forced from Monday’s 2-1 win over the Bruins early in the second period with a cut on his right thumb. Girardi practiced fully on Wednesday, which Vigneault said he wasn’t expecting, rotating with Dylan McIlrath on the right side of the third pair with Keith Yandle.

“Right now I am leaning more towards the healthy body at this point,” Vigneault said.

That would be McIlrath, the burly 23-year-old rookie who has sat for the previous six games since Girardi and Kevin Klein simultaneously returned from injuries. McIlrath had been solid in his stretch of 11 consecutive games before that, and Vigneault is expecting the same if he plays Thursday.

He was improving every game,” Vigneault said. “You could tell, his gap was better, when he was going back for pucks, he was going back there quickly and he was making the high-percentage plays. That’s what we need from Dylan. And he found a way offensively — he’s got a good shot, a powerful shot — he found his way to get it to the net, and that’s something we need from our back end.

Yeah lets bench him............

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Hahaha:

Yeah lets bench him............

This quote makes no sense. So McIlrath was improving, making high % plays and providing offensive pressure from our back end (all true). Then he says we "need that from our backend." So AV knows what McIlrath provides, knows he's IMPROVING AT IT and yet replaces him in the lineup with a guy who even in his best year never did those things. This screams one of two things, 1) preference for veterans 2) preference for large contracts.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
It's a very good thing that AV is providing rest for the likes of Girardi and Boyle so that they will be fresh for the playoffs.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
It's a very good thing that AV is providing rest for the likes of Girardi and Boyle so that they will be fresh for the playoffs.

(Love that sarcasm ;) )
Is AV solely making these **** decisions or is management in on this? If it's only AV, at what point does management step in and say, hey, AV, you're an idiot..."

The organization invested a lot of time and patience developing this kid and AV buries him. I can't stand it.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
I couldn't watch the game I had a prior commitment. How did McI play? I was reading thru the game ahead and it seemed he was playing awesome and then had a bad penalty. I guess it's safe to assume he's done for another month.

OrbitalDynamics

#Unsurprised
May 22, 2008
Stalag Luft JFK
I couldn't watch the game I had a prior commitment. How did McI play? I was reading thru the game ahead and it seemed he was playing awesome and then had a bad penalty. I guess it's safe to assume he's done for another month.

He was carried away by emotion/adrenaline,hadn't played in three weeks.Any positive momentum and confidence he had gained was lost while watching from pressbox.

No worries, Alan Vigno will plant him for another three weeks,or implore JG to move him so Diaz can be recalled from Hartford.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
He's good but he really takes some stupid and highly unnecessary penalties. Not just the one today. The whole instigator one he got some weeks back charging in as a 3man which then led to another PPG and such. He should get rid of the whole tough guy act and just play the game like any other defenseman while always being a big strong physical presence in the middle. Get rid of all the after the whistle extracurricular activities and such.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
The issue is he probably thinks that he has to be super physical and be the enforcer to play. He was playing great and rarely dropping the gloves back when he was playing every night and he got benched. I'd be confused if I was him too. What else does the man have to do to prove he belongs in the lineup every night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad