Dylan Mcilrath Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
There is nothing, and I mean absolutely, *nothing*, that is VETERAN about his play. Has he played solid? Sure has. Does he look more comfortable than expected? Yes, he does. Has he played well enough to earn the last spot on the roster, I agree, but that is about it.

So there's nothing veteran about his play except being solid and comfortable...

Agreed.

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
So there's nothing veteran about his play except being solid and comfortable...

Agreed.

Typically, to be considered a veteran presence, you have to bring something to the table that others cannot at all - typically wisdom, and knowledge that has come from experience.

Dylan just graduated from the AHL.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
There is nothing, and I mean absolutely, *nothing*, that is VETERAN about his play. Has he played solid? Sure has. Does he look more comfortable than expected? Yes, he does. Has he played well enough to earn the last spot on the roster, I agree, but that is about it.

I think Dylan looks good so far. I think he looked more like a Veteran than some of the actual Veterans BUT he is a rookie so he will have some rookie moments. No difference than CK, JT, Hayes, and others had during their rookie seasons.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Saying he played like a vet is a bit too much, but it doesn't take 40 more posts to point that out, 1 one guy said it, it was addressed, l
eave it alone.

Last edited:

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
And with all due respect, there is no hatred from my end on McIlrath now. The kid is in officially, and he will be with us for sometime it appears. Same goes for Etem (be patient for him to grow this year), nothing you can do, they are officially in, so let us support these gentlemen.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Typically, to be considered a veteran presence, you have to bring something to the table that others cannot at all - typically wisdom, and knowledge that has come from experience.

Dylan just graduated from the AHL.

Seeing as how you can't see wisdom and knowledge on the ice, it's pretty obvious that when someone says a young player "looks like a vet" they mean that they are steady and composed in their play.

This is really a non issue I'm just tired of seeing any compliment be shot down with half thought out retorts and emoticons eating popcorn.

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
Seeing as how you can't see wisdom and knowledge on the ice, it's pretty obvious that when someone says a young player "looks like a vet" they mean that they are steady and composed in their play.

This is really a non issue I'm just tired of seeing any compliment be shot down with half thought out retorts and emoticons eating popcorn.

People throwing around the word 'veteran presence' aimlessly is quite bothersome too, in case you have not noticed. :)

No issue here, not losing any sleep.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
All little contentions aside, I think we can all agree that it's good for the team and good for McI that he finally forced his way on.

The guys had a lot of obstacles to overcome and he kept improving and fighting to play here, where he wants to be. If he keeps improving he'll give the team some breathing room on the cap and some new looks on d.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
All little contentions aside, I think we can all agree that it's good for the team and good for McI that he finally forced his way on.

The guys had a lot of obstacles to overcome and he kept improving and fighting to play here, where he wants to be. If he keeps improving he'll give the team some breathing room on the cap and some new looks on d.

Amen! Recon a lot of Rangerfans are going to keep hating him for whatever reason but let's get him on the team now!!

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
He looked like a guy that was concentrating on not making mistakes and fighting for his life to make the team, which he did. Step 1 complete. Anything more is rubbish.

100% disagree. This description applies to him last training camp and preseason and even during his call up.

That's why people were so impressed this year, because he actually looked different.

He didn't look like he was fighting for his life or playing not to make mistakes. He was making long stretch passes and jumping up to make big hits and waiting with the puck to make the right play, all things that he was screwing up in the past. Most of all he looked comfortable and confident.

I really think you're out to lunch on this one and your simply seeing what you want to see.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Yeah, if anyone honestly doesn't see a night and day difference from last camp to this camp they are just dead set in their opinion. Again, that doesn't mean he's suddenly an all-star, just that his game has evolved.

Whitehawk1186

Mar 12, 2015
New Haven, CT
Thrilled to have him on the team. People who haven't had the pleasure of seeing him play with the Wolfpack last season are going to be pleasantly surprised. Plus he brings a physical edge we lack. Anyone touches Hank, this kid will knock them out!

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
100% disagree. This description applies to him last training camp and preseason and even during his call up.

That's why people were so impressed this year, because he actually looked different.

He didn't look like he was fighting for his life or playing not to make mistakes. He was making long stretch passes and jumping up to make big hits and waiting with the puck to make the right play, all things that he was screwing up in the past. Most of all he looked comfortable and confident.

I really think you're out to lunch on this one and your simply seeing what you want to see.

Between last year and this year, we have a different view on what happened.

I thought he looked bad last preseason and looked adequate this preseason. You seem to think he looked OK last preseason and looked great this preseason. I think you're out to lunch. If you weren't, he'd be playing games from this point forward.

Wolfy*

Pretty good interview, if you missed it. Congrats Dylan..

And Kreids...leave him alone :laugh:

[NHL]839497[/NHL]

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007

I think we all knew it before he did. We could judge him independently, while he was scared that maybe he did something wrong and will get cut.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Yeah, if anyone honestly doesn't see a night and day difference from last camp to this camp they are just dead set in their opinion. Again, that doesn't mean he's suddenly an all-star, just that his game has evolved.

Agreed. It's a bit sad actually. Some folks just have a deep need to $4!+ on a sunny day.

The guy worked his tail off, made the team and looked great doing it. Good for him.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Just wait until he get's more confident and comfortable in his role. I think practice time with the big boys will do wonders for him.

He punishes guys with impunity, you will see that they won't challenge him, they won't come by his side.

It happened in the WHL, and then the AHL. It has a demoralizing effect in a long series.

Against PRO last season, the Baby Bruin's star skilled players simply stopped coming down his side.

That team was much stronger than HFD after getting reinforcements from the BOS team that didn't make the playoffs.

No body wants to play against a guy like him.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Between last year and this year, we have a different view on what happened.

I thought he looked bad last preseason and looked adequate this preseason. You seem to think he looked OK last preseason and looked great this preseason. I think you're out to lunch. If you weren't, he'd be playing games from this point forward.

Different view?

Last year you *guaranteed* he'd never see another game as a New York Ranger. I'm not digging through piles of posts to find it, but you're the last person who should be saying anyone is "out to lunch" regarding Mcilrath. Let it go.

"Adequate"? The guy had a great training camp for basically being a rookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad