Dylan Mcilrath Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Oh please, no one is a liar just because they can't remember every single play in a game--I don't feel the need to watch every single game like a hawk, particularly pre-season and even regular season games. And even when hockey has my undivided attention, there are things I miss, especially on TV--which is not well suited to a game where so much happens away from the puck. At this point in my life, I watch hockey because I enjoy it, not to obsess over it.

And before you call me a fair weather fan--realize I've been a Ranger fan and a hockey fan in general far longer than most around here.

The test isn't a very good test people remember stuff to varying degrees,in fact it kind of sucks, I know hockey fairly well (ok in my not so humble opinion) and I miss stuff because like you I am doing 50 things at once and sometimes don't pay attention very well.......

That said, I don't think that was directed towards you. There were some vociferous haters of McI or detractors that didn't watch a lick of the AHL and were opining as if they did. I am not going to name names, that discussion is water under the bridge but it was annoying at the time.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
The test isn't a very good test people remember stuff to varying degrees,in fact it kind of sucks, I know hockey fairly well (ok in my not so humble opinion) and I miss stuff because like you I am doing 50 things at once and sometimes don't pay attention very well.......

That said, I don't think that was directed towards you. There were some vociferous haters of McI or detractors that didn't watch a lick of the AHL and were opining as if they did. I am not going to name names, that discussion is water under the bridge but it was annoying at the time.

I realize it wasn't about me in particular; although I don't think McIlrath has proved very much to this point, beyond making the team. Some players look great in the AHL, some only develop so far and then stop. McIlrath has to keep developing and under difficult cirumstances, given that he's not going to get regular playing time unless someone is injured, especially early on before the coaching staff is ready to have him play full-time.

But I understand where you're coming from--I'd just prefer that some posters here recognize that we are allowed to have differing opinions and that not everyone "sees" the same thing even when watching the same game.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Oh please, no one is a liar just because they can't remember every single play in a game--I don't feel the need to watch every single game like a hawk, particularly pre-season and even regular season games. And even when hockey has my undivided attention, there are things I miss, especially on TV--which is not well suited to a game where so much happens away from the puck. At this point in my life, I watch hockey because I enjoy it, not to obsess over it.

And before you call me a fair weather fan--realize I've been a Ranger fan and a hockey fan in general far longer than most around here.

I clearly wrote that the question would be to name a single play, any play, not to name every play. You sit there watching game after game and you cannot remember one thing that happened? Not one? How a goal was scored? A hit? Who won a fight? What caused a penalty? A time out? When a goalie was pulled? Goal post? Reason for an injury? You watch a bunch of games and can't remember just one of these? Really?!

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
I clearly wrote that the question would be to name a single play, any play, not to name every play. You sit there watching game after game and you cannot remember one thing that happened? Not one? How a goal was scored? A hit? Who won a fight? What caused a penalty? A time out? When a goalie was pulled? Goal post? Reason for an injury? You watch a bunch of games and can't remember just one of these? Really?!

Some people are just not going to agree with you. And the harder you push, the harder they push back. And then the argument just becomes one giant circle, escalating each round. Round and round we go....

Of course I can come up with one specific play/situation in a game, but I don't write it down and it's quickly replaced with another. I've seen thousands of games and many of them are almost instantly forgettable. Others I was too nervous to concentrate on (June 14, 1994) and still others I turned off because I couldn't stand the thought of the outcome (although I've almost never (and that means twice) left the Garden before the bitter end.

In the end I don't think anyone here needs to be vetted to post. Don't like it? Keep moving.

Last edited:

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
i think the rangers are best suited by keeping both diaz and mcilrath. both players deserve to be on this team.

this.

keep both. go with 8 d. weve got some grey beards, give them a blow her and there and there will be injuries.

i think both those guy make the blue line better and deeper. they both have unique skillets and they both can help. diaz is this years hunwick. he's versatile as he can play both sides. mcilrath brings something we lack.

waive or trade glass. same for etem.

go to war.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
McIlrath is the 7th, Diaz waived.
Personally I'm behind this 100%, nothing against Diaz.

mcsauer2738

Apr 1, 2011
So, what's the plan with McIlrath? When we play physical teams put him in for Boyle basically?

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
So, what's the plan with McIlrath? When we play physical teams put him in for Boyle basically?

Sadly few defensemen play 82 games a season so Dylan, Brady, and maybe even Diaz if he goes to the AHL will get their chances.

Last season our dmen played in the following games:

Mcd-71
Boyle-65
Klein-65
Staal-82
Giradi-80

Plus 3 or 4 of them were playing injured in the playoffs.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Some people are just not going to agree with you. And the harder you push, the harder they push back. And then the argument just becomes one giant circle, escalating each round. Round and round we go....

Of course I can come up with one specific play/situation in a game, but I don't write it down and it's quickly replaced with another. I've seen thousands of games and many of them are almost instantly forgettable. Others I was too nervous to concentrate on (June 14, 1994) and still others I turned off because I couldn't stand the thought of the outcome (although I've almost never (and that means twice) left the Garden before the bitter end.

In the end I don't think anyone here needs to be vetted to post. Don't like it? Keep moving.

You are right. Sometimes people will disagree. I never have a problem if a person just honestly disagrees. If its obvious negative bias or trolling I do not like it. If its a plain honest disagreement I have no problem with anyone posting their honest opinion.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Dylan progressed A LOT from the last time I saw him. He seems so stable and solid, looks like a seasoned veteran.

He looked like a guy that was concentrating on not making mistakes and fighting for his life to make the team, which he did. Step 1 complete. Anything more is rubbish.

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
He looks like a seasoned veteran? He has played 3 NHL regular season games - how does one come to that prognostication? Now I remember one of the reasons why I stop coming here every so often. I think some users on here need to work on a more informed analysis, or a better choice of wording when describing players.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
He looks like a seasoned veteran? He has played 3 NHL regular season games - how does one come to that prognostication? Now I remember one of the reasons why I stop coming here every so often. I think some users on here need to work on a more informed analysis, or a better choice of wording when describing players.

In fairness, "looks like" isn't the same thing as "is". So one could certainly say a guy looked like a veteran after a small sample size. Whether he continues to look that way is a different story.

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
In fairness, "looks like" isn't the same thing as "is". So one could certainly say a guy looked like a veteran after a small sample size. Whether he continues to look that way is a different story.

Yeah... How about we become rational and give him a good sample size against real NHL competition, and then measure him against his peers then.

A couple pre season games and he 'looks like' he has a VETERAN presence? Not just that he played well, but VETERAN presence? Haha, good times on these boards, truly is. :popcorn:

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Yeah... How about we become rational and give him a good sample size against real NHL competition, and then measure him against his peers then.

A couple pre season games and he 'looks like' he has a VETERAN presence? Not just that he played well, but VETERAN presence? Haha, good times on these boards, truly is. :popcorn:

Or we can say what he looked like over his small sample so far without saying he'll be like that forever or is that type of player from now on... Why is his such a brain bending concept?

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
There is nothing, and I mean absolutely, *nothing*, that is VETERAN about his play. Has he played solid? Sure has. Does he look more comfortable than expected? Yes, he does. Has he played well enough to earn the last spot on the roster, I agree, but that is about it.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Yeah well you never liked him and were panning him last year while others were saying he was the #1 d on the Whale. We all have narratives and agenda's. Saying he played like a vet doesn't fit yours.

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
Yeah well you never liked him and were panning him last year while others were saying he was the #1 d on the Whale. We all have narratives and agenda's. Saying he played like a vet doesn't fit yours.

Looks like I am getting a bit of recognition here for the limited time I have posted - thank you for the compliment. :)

We can agree to disagree, that is all good in the hood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia