Value of: Dylan Larkin to Montreal

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
no he didn't lmao, he was getting MURDERED online everywhere for 3 years.

full stop.

He had 63 points in his first 82 games, he absolutely did.

You full stop.

He did get murdered, yes, totally and that could absolutely happen with JK, my only point is that Mac did it and then regressed where as JK hasn't done anything yet.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Yah but he showed he could do it, KK hasn't, how are you not getting this?
habs fans get it . he may be a disappointment to you but we're still fine with letting him develop. at least until he hits 24 or 25 . a bit more confidence, muscle , speed and we could still have a gem . not sure why you get your panties in a knot over his performance. we're happy keeping him

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
habs fans get it . he may be a disappointment to you but we're still fine with letting him develop. at least until he hits 24 or 25 . a bit more confidence, muscle , speed and we could still have a gem . not sure why you get your panties in a knot over his performance. we're happy keeping him

Not sure how I have my panties in a knot, just expressing a POV, which is what this whole board basically is.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
It's assuming that his first 171 games are a decent indicator of his potential, which to me is a 3C maybe 2C down the road.
If Quinn Hughes 129 games is an indicator of potential, he will be a one dimensional dman who is awful defensively.

probably shouldn’t label a 20 year old player based on his ELC stats…

Reactions: Viqsi

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
If Quinn Hughes 129 games is an indicator of potential, he will be a one dimensional dman who is awful defensively.

probably shouldn’t label a 20 year old player based on his ELC stats…

He was actually pretty good his first year set the record for rookie points by a dman , had a sophomore slump for sure in his second, JK hasn't done anything so impressive.

Horrible comparison, nice try though, :thumbu:

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
:popcorn:
He was actually pretty good his first year set the record for rookie points by a dman , had a sophomore slump for sure in his second, JK hasn't done anything so impressive.

Horrible comparison, nice try though, :thumbu:

Kid got bullied over and over again against Montreal all year so much that he even got benched against us. He was directly responsible for at least 8 GA against us this year but hey.. at least he put up assists on the powerplay :popcorn:

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
None of that makes Suzuki+ a realistic value for Larkin though. The thread title is "value of" and the OP asks for a trade that makes sense for both sides. We can't just magically say Jeff Petry would return Seider+ because he is extremely important to us and is our only PMD.
Yes Larkin had a down statistical year on a very bad rebuilding Detroit team with a weird shortened schedule, but Larkin's D+4 season he went for 63 pts - this season Suzuki's D+4 year he paced for 60 over 82. That season the Red Wings had a .445 pt% vs the Habs .527 pt% - meaning Suzuki is producing on a far better team. Larkin gets more TOI than Suzuki, gets more PK time, wins faceoffs at almost 53% rate.

This isn't a slag on Suzuki, he is a very good and exciting young player, but you asked why it might be realistic so there are some reasons why a 25 year old with a proven track record of producing in all facets of the game might be more valuable than a young guy with loads of potential who might not have as complete of a game just yet.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
More like 4 years ago and for a brief moment. He’s been unreal since kickstarting this retool

I think he’s trolling in the same way Wings fans are trolling saying it would take Suzuki and Romanov to get Larkin.
I haven't made it to the end of the thread yet but I haven't seen a single Detroit fan seriously propose Romanov + Suzuki. I see the Suzuki love is strong in Montreal.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Yes Larkin had a down statistical year on a very bad rebuilding Detroit team with a weird shortened schedule, but Larkin's D+4 season he went for 63 pts - this season Suzuki's D+4 year he paced for 60 over 82. That season the Red Wings had a .445 pt% vs the Habs .527 pt% - meaning Suzuki is producing on a far better team. Larkin gets more TOI than Suzuki, gets more PK time, wins faceoffs at almost 53% rate.

This isn't a slag on Suzuki, he is a very good and exciting young player, but you asked why it might be realistic so there are some reasons why a 25 year old with a proven track record of producing in all facets of the game might be more valuable than a young guy with loads of potential who might not have as complete of a game just yet.

Larkin's D+4 season was 4 seasons ago and is completely irrelevant now.

You're also being disingenuous when you say Suzuki is being valued based on potential when he was just the 1C on a team that went to the cup finals and would have been our #2 conn Smythe guy behind only price. That you say he might not have a complete game yet just tells me you never watch him. Guy is the full package already.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
:popcorn:

Kid got bullied over and over again against Montreal all year so much that he even got benched against us. He was directly responsible for at least 8 GA against us this year but hey.. at least he put up assists on the powerplay :popcorn:

QH had a less than stellar sophomore slump defensively, and still managed to put up points and continue to be creative offensively, on a team that's overall defence was bottom of the league.

JK continued his mediocre rise to being a 3C that was drafted wayyyyyyyy too early that will never live up to expectations, so gifted that his coach didn't trust him in the most important games of the year.

You keep grasping at straws though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad