Value of: Dylan Larkin to Montreal

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The simple answer is "you can't".
The slightly more elaborate answer is "start with Suzuki, then add enough to bribe the entire Detroit Red Wings fanbase - each and every individual fan - into calmly accepting the loss of their beloved hometown hero."

It ain't gonna happen.

Besides, if he goes anywhere, we all know it'll be to Columbus so he can play with his childhood friend Werenski. It's inevitable. :sarcasm:

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
The slightly more elaborate answer is "start with Suzuki, then add enough to bribe the entire Detroit Red Wings fanbase - each and every individual fan - into calmly accepting the loss of their beloved hometown hero."

It ain't gonna happen.

Besides, if he goes anywhere, we all know it'll be to Columbus so he can play with his childhood friend Werenski. It's inevitable. :sarcasm:
Suzuki is worth more than Larkin in my opinion.

Larkin is 25, capable of putting up 60 points, is from Michigan, and is Detroit’s captain. It’s safe to say he’s not getting moved.

The same goes for Suzuki. He’s not going anywhere.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Larkin just turned 25 a few days ago. He's still young enough to be in his prime years right around the time Detroit's youth start to establish themselves as NHLers. I don't see any reason to move him unless they get some kind of ridiculous offer, or if they get the vibe that he will walk at the end of 2022/23. With the direction Detroit seems to be going and with Stevie Y at the helm, I don't see that happening...not to mention they have/will have plenty of space to pay the shite out of that man.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Suzuki is worth more than Larkin in my opinion.

Larkin is 25, capable of putting up 60 points, is from Michigan, and is Detroit’s captain. It’s safe to say he’s not getting moved.

The same goes for Suzuki. He’s not going anywhere.
I can't tell if you got my point but didn't communicate this clearly or if you missed it entirely. ;)
Suspecting the former.

Reactions: ZeHockeyFan

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
KK + Primeau + 1st round pick 2022

Would that makes sense for both teams?

Should MTL add a decent D prospect to the mix?

KK + Primeau + Norlinder + 1st round pick 2022

too much? not enough?
Not even close, Larkins value is half the value of Jack Eichel. And that doesn't even come close to getting a conversation started with Eichel. You need to offer far more then this to have Larkin moved to a divisional foe.

Reactions: Barry Amsterdam

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
KK + Primeau + 1st round pick 2022

Would that makes sense for both teams?

Should MTL add a decent D prospect to the mix?

KK + Primeau + Norlinder + 1st round pick 2022

too much? not enough?
I'd take Larkin over KK any day of the year, And Nedeljkovic and Cossa are our Goalies of the future so Primeau is a no go. Yeah no thanks if this is the best offer Montreal can give us then we just keep Larkin.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Detroit over value him cause he is a hometown boy living with his parents in Detroit and seem like a good all around human + he is really dynamic and explosive to watch.

BUT

what they forget is that Benn almost killed him and no one knowns if he will be back from the injury he got, which is one of the worst to come back from...

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014

It ain't gonna happen.

And why are thw Habs trading the better and younger C?

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Last time I saw a Larkin thread a Detroit fan told me he was worth more than Laine+Kent Johnson+CBJ's first in 2022...

That means we don't want to trade him to you. Not that he's worth that price.

That's where we differ from you. Our players are worth nothing. Hockey isn't about assets to me.

Reactions: TaketheCannoli

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
And why are thw Habs trading the better and younger C?

Because Detroit has negative interest in trading Dylan Larkin. We don't care if it's a fair deal. The idea is that since we're doing something we really don't want to do, you have to pay through the nose to make us do it. Detroit gains nothing by dealing Larkin for anything remotely in the ballpark of a fair price. It doesn't mean we think he's worth X. It means that we wouldn't give him to you for anything less than X.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Because Detroit has negative interest in trading Dylan Larkin. We don't care if it's a fair deal. The idea is that since we're doing something we really don't want to do, you have to pay through the nose to make us do it. Detroit gains nothing by dealing Larkin for anything remotely in the ballpark of a fair price. It doesn't mean we think he's worth X. It means that we wouldn't give him to you for anything less than X.

Apparently its really hard for most people to comprehend that trades aren't made with the intention to be zero-sum and that GMs want net gain where possible.

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
It's a new day in Detroit with Stevie Y. Gone are Kenny's days of sell low and buy high. There is no point in moving DBoss after a down year.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Detroit over value him cause he is a hometown boy living with his parents in Detroit and seem like a good all around human + he is really dynamic and explosive to watch.

BUT

what they forget is that Benn almost killed him and no one knowns if he will be back from the injury he got, which is one of the worst to come back from...

He's expected to ready to go for day 1 of camp. No surgery was necessary, they've said he "got lucky" and "it could have been much worse" so it was probably just a deep tissue/bone bruise

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad