Value of: Dylan Larkin to Montreal

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
The simple answer is "you can't".
The slightly more elaborate answer is "start with Suzuki, then add enough to bribe the entire Detroit Red Wings fanbase - each and every individual fan - into calmly accepting the loss of their beloved hometown hero."

It ain't gonna happen.

Besides, if he goes anywhere, we all know it'll be to Columbus so he can play with his childhood friend Werenski. It's inevitable. :sarcasm:
aaaaaaand thread /

Reactions: Prairie Habs

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I wish we'd trade Larkin before teams realize he's trash, but I don't see it happening. Especially with Detroit being paper thin at center.

Literally whenever Larkin has had anything resembling talent around him, he has been great. He's not Connor McDavid in that he can succeed 100% on his own. But Dylan Larkin is a very good hockey player.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
I'm not making trades with Yzerman or Sakic under any circumstances we're going to end up in a bath tub missing a kidney

These 2 guys just cannot unlink themselves from the other. Awesome players and GMs. I don’t know if there are 2 more parallel people in the history of NHL world. It’s amazing.

Reactions: Jared Dunn

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Not even close, Larkins value is half the value of Jack Eichel. And that doesn't even come close to getting a conversation started with Eichel. You need to offer far more then this to have Larkin moved to a divisional foe.

I think you're overvaluing Eichel.

Buffalo is asking for the moon for Eichel thinking they're trading 2019-20 Eichel.
What they're actually trading is 2020-21 Eichel is a neck surgery that needs to be done ASAP if he wants to sniff more than half of the season.

Reactions: Be a Hab

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
These 2 guys just cannot unlink themselves from the other. Awesome players and GMs. I don’t know if there are 2 more parallel people in the history of NHL world. It’s amazing.

upload_2021-8-3_14-3-50.png

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Habs would have just kept Danault, that would have just cost money, not all these assets

Reactions: Steeler23

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
Not even close, Larkins value is half the value of Jack Eichel. And that doesn't even come close to getting a conversation started with Eichel. You need to offer far more then this to have Larkin moved to a divisional foe.

While I think the offer isn't good enough for Detroit to consider trading Larkin, if his price is half the Eichel price (which was reported to be equal to 4 1st round pick), KK + 1st 22 is in fact half the supposed Eichel price.

Reactions: Be a Hab

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
While I think the offer isn't good enough for Detroit to consider trading Larkin, if his price is half the Eichel price (which was reported to be equal to 4 1st round pick), KK + 1st 22 is in fact half the supposed Eichel price.
Mantha returned Vrana plus Panik and a 1st and 2nd round pick. So Larkin at least returns double that.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
wings fan and their fixation with a god complex on Steve Yzerman is soooo weird.

"he never lose a trade and always WIN" stfu you sound like a high Dj khaled.

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
Mantha returned Vrana plus Panik and a 1st and 2nd round pick. So Larkin at least returns double that.

It's okay, but I was responding at your comment about "half of Eichel price", which is stated to be the equivalent of 4 1st round pick, and KK and 1st 22 are good piece.

BUT again, I understand and I also think it's not enough for Detroit since Larkin brings more to Detroit than he would with any other teams.

wingsfan17

Jan 20, 2008
Larkin is a fine player, but man is he overrated, ESPECIALLY in the state of Michigan. I feel like I'm the only one not looking through homer glasses. I'm assuming it's just because we haven't much to look forward to for years so people hype him up. Good second line center? Sure. First line center? Hell no. Best player on our team/ "the future"? I sure hope not.

The two rebuttals to me saying he suck (which I admit is an exaggeration) were he plays well when he has good linemates (who doesn't?). And he played a defensive scheme last year (while going -14 in 41 games).

To me Larkin screams David Legwand type career. Solid center for many years, but I don't see much more than that. If teams want to overpay because they still think he has All-pro/HOF potential, I'd definitely be looking to move him. Even though I'm down on him I'd still need a decent return to move him because I think his contract is pretty nice. I agree it is very unlikely to happen though.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Suzuki is worth more than Larkin in my opinion.

Larkin is 25, capable of putting up 60 points, is from Michigan, and is Detroit’s captain. It’s safe to say he’s not getting moved.

The same goes for Suzuki. He’s not going anywhere.

Except Larkin already put up 73pts / 76gp in '18-'19, in one of our 2 worst post-Cap years.

So ppg C is what he is capable of, because he's already done that over a full season. 70-80+ in his peak, once we've got a better roster & 4 actual top4 D + actual 6 Top6 F' etc.

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
The problem with asking for Larkin is his value to Detroit is far higher than it is to a team trying to acquire him, right now he is the face of the Detroit Red Wings, and you'd have to overpay by far more than any GM would be willing to do

I agree and same could be said about Suzuki for Montreal. I'm a Habs fan and a Suzuki fan as well, but I say "Let's wait a couple more seasons before calling him the next big thing". He still needs to prove he can be a Consistent NHL player for a 82 games season. But last year's 41 points in 56 games was a step in the right direction for Suzuki.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad