Dylan Larkin officially named captain of the Detroit Red Wings

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
This isn't just about best player. Have you met Seider yet? He oozes personality and confidence. He has leader written all over him. Larkin has the same run of the mill hockey attitude that every player has. Dylan seems to be captain out of convenience if anything.
"Have you met Seider yet?" Where did you meet him?

Reactions: RabidBadger

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
This isn't just about best player. Have you met Seider yet? He oozes personality and confidence. He has leader written all over him. Larkin has the same run of the mill hockey attitude that every player has. Dylan seems to be captain out of convenience if anything.

Maybe he can earn the 'A' someday.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020

Much agreement.

Some people are just born leaders. Seider seems like that kind of guy. He'll wear a letter for Detroit sooner rather than later.

ChrisReevesLegs

Nov 5, 2018
Seattle
I've seen numerous Seider interviews. You said "met him?", meaning in person.

Sure he exudes confidence & leadership. In 10-12+ years when Larkin retires, he'll make a great captain & the torch will be safe.

I met him literally at the entry draft in Vancouver. I was living in Seattle at the time. We exchanged a few pleasantries on the Rogers concourse. I said I loved his work in the DEL. He laughed. I left to grab a beer. That got his attention. How many hockey fans voluntarily leave a conversation with a first round draft pick? Later on in the night, he found me on the rooftop of the arena, my bowtie undone, smoking a cigarette... the rest is history.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Well, we have 2 letters that should be ripe for the taking soon (Glendening + Nielsen).

Who do we think will take the A’s?

Bertuzzi? Seider? Hronek? Veleno/Rasmussen?

Think Glenny will keep a letter even though he’s a bottom 6 grinder?

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Well, we have 2 letters that should be ripe for the taking soon (Glendening + Nielsen).

Who do we think will take the A’s?

Bertuzzi? Seider? Hronek? Veleno/Rasmussen?

Think Glenny will keep a letter even though he’s a bottom 6 grinder?

I appreciate the attempt to plow ahead.

If DeKeyser is still around I'd guess him because of his history. And then I would want Mantha to get an A.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Amen. Glendog woulda been a perfect dead wings era heart n soul style captain.

Plus there was those cocaine rumors around Detroit last summer. Then he came in and had a down season... and I was like YUP! Maybe he's more behaved now that Yzerman shipped out his sniff buddy AA.

If you’re gonna show up just to trash Larkin... how bout ya don’t.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Thee Captain on The Captain.

upload_2021-1-13_18-45-37.png

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
This was very exciting. It was the correct and obvious decision. Larkin has unequivocally been the sole bright spot on this team the last several years. I would very much like this team to turn it around if for nothing else than for guys like Larkin and Mantha who’ve really had to gut out some terrible seasons.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Much agreement.

Some people are just born leaders. Seider seems like that kind of guy. He'll wear a letter for Detroit sooner rather than later.

Nah.

No one is born a leader. Persistent fallacy, but a fallacy nonetheless. Leadership comes with practice, patience, introspection, and experience. Any successful leader will admit as much.

Last edited:

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Oh no a differing opinion! You better logout Cyborg Yzerguy. No one appreciates your rough man takes here.
Differing opinions are welcome.
Being crass in their delivery isn't.

If you're interested in dialogue, welcome aboard. If your just want to stir the pot, take your keyboard courage elsewhere.

Reactions: needzmoarcleary

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad