Dylan Larkin officially named captain of the Detroit Red Wings

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009

I'm not sure who I expected to be the assistants, but it definitely wouldn't have been Nielson. I get it, veteran presence, but still underwhelming.

Nielsen already had an A. The Wings don't change once they set precedent. (Or is it precedence?) Any lawyers here? Hehe.

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
Caption this.

upload_2021-1-13_11-12-3.png

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
In a move that surprised literally nobody, finally.

I'm not sure who I expected to be the assistants, but it definitely wouldn't have been Nielson. I get it, veteran presence, but still underwhelming.

Man, I guess they want to give respect to Nielsen. I might have gone with Helm or DDK instead, but it's all good.

"Okay, look Dylan. In a few years, you're going to be wearing this C; however, there's a message board out there the likes of which you must completely ignore..."

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base

Odd & unexpected. Guessing Yzerman wants Mantha/Bert/DDK/Hronek to be shielded from the media barrage. While also holding LGD/Nielsen accountable (they'll feel foolish if their on-ice production/behavior doesn't match their advice) & possibly get better production, boosting TDL value for LGD. No GM bites on Frans, he's Weird Flip now.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Nielsen already had an A. The Wings don't change once they set precedent. (Or is it precedence?) Any lawyers here? Hehe.
Nielsen and Glendening split an A last year. They just took Abby's and gave them each full time.

I thought Nielsen was gonna get stripped, but he's put his neck out there for the media quite a bit since Z LTIRetired too.

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
I thought Nielsen was gonna get stripped, but he's put his neck out there for the media quite a bit since Z LTIRetired too.

Yeah I don't think that really happens in Detroit. I think the last time that happened with the Wings it was due to a contract negotiation (#91).

Reactions: Ezekial

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Yeah I don't think that really happens in Detroit. I think the last time that happened with the Wings it was due to a contract negotiation (#91).
I am under the impression that he might not be suited up in some of the 56 games.

FabricDetails

Mar 30, 2009
I am under the impression that he might not be suited up in some of the 56 games.

Could be. In which case we might see DeKeyser with an A.

EDIT: And then when he get injured we'll see I'm guessing... Mantha with an A.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014

For all those arguing that you don't give a guy a letter if you know a better option should be along in the near future...

...you win. :facepalm:

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Seems like the logical option given that the team otherwise doesn't exactly have a ton of non-rookie players on it that aren't on their way out or shouldn't be on their way out.

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Only thing I would ask him to change is the whining and "give up sell-job" he does when trying to draw a penalty. The second one especially irks me when he just looks at the ref, has a moan, and then takes his time to get back into play when it looks like nothing is actually wrong with him.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Only thing I would ask him to change is the whining and "give up sell-job" he does when trying to draw a penalty. The second one especially irks me when he just looks at the ref, has a moan, and then takes his time to get back into play when it looks like nothing is actually wrong with him.

I hope he whines like Yzerman did, because he is just hating to lose so much.

But give-up-mentality has to in the be past now.

It's time to Rise Above.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad