Dylan Larkin looks good so far

LazyT

Feb 24, 2010
Michigan.
I thought he did not play today?

Anyways, Larkin should sit out as much as possible until ready, we don't need another player with Zetterberg like back issues.
Larkin did not play, sat the game out with a lingering back/shoulder problem. Nothing serious, thankfully.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I don't know why anyone would care how watchable the team is for the last 13 games of the season in a year where they are currently 29th in the league. In fact, if they lost all the remaining games it would probably make no difference but if there was to be any consequence it'd be a positive one for the franchise.

Reactions: Snuggs

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
I don't know why anyone would care how watchable the team is for the last 13 games of the season in a year where they are currently 29th in the league. In fact, if they lost all the remaining games it would probably make no difference but if there was to be any consequence it'd be a positive one for the franchise.
I don't care how these games go but this hockey is just awful.

Sparkzuk

Jan 13, 2016
Catch 22. I want Larkin to hit 30 goals and PPG. Zadina, Hronek, Rasmussen to take big steps and learn. Although I also want to lose every game for the tank.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

Might as well shut him down for the season IMO

I'm probably the only person that wants to see him return this year. If he's 100% healthy, I'd like to see him get a few games in so we don't head into the offseason with the last we've seen of him being prior to a neck/back injury. I wouldn't mind getting some form of visual confirmation of his health.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
So am I rooting for Larkin to not play again this season, and then turn around and be furious with Blashill because he's not doing enough without Larkin, all the while losing games for the tank?

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
He hasn’t looked like himself since that abdominal strain. But literally the last game he played I said he really hadn’t looked good in the past 3 or 4 games.

We really need to address our lack of C depth this off-season. Larkin is playing way too many hard minutes with almost no help up front. It hurts him and it also hurts all of our developing wingers.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
He hasn’t looked like himself since that abdominal strain. But literally the last game he played I said he really hadn’t looked good in the past 3 or 4 games.

We really need to address our lack of C depth this off-season. Larkin is playing way too many hard minutes with almost no help up front. It hurts him and it also hurts all of our developing wingers.

In March, AA has taken 150 faceoffs and has won over 50% of them. His effort level has been good, and he's been an impactful player. I was not at all enthusiastic about his chances at center but he's really ran with it. Right now, Larkin-AA-Nielsen isn't a horrible 1-3 center group.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Eichel is really overrated.

Larkin - Eichel
PPG: 0.93 - 1.06 (points per game)
CF: 54.5% - 50.9% (corsi for %)
CF Rel: 9.9% - 2.6% (relative corsi)
PDO - 97.4 - 98.8
OZs - 52.1% - 62.7% (offensive zone start %)
FO - 55% - 47.2% (face off win %)

Oh yeah, and Eichel plays with better linemates (Skinner and Reinhart for most of the season) and better puck moving defensemen than Larkin does.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Eichel is really overrated.

Larkin - Eichel
PPG: 0.93 - 1.06 (points per game)
CF: 54.5% - 50.9% (corsi for %)
CF Rel: 9.9% - 2.6% (relative corsi)
PDO - 97.4 - 98.8
OZs - 52.1% - 62.7% (offensive zone start %)
FO - 55% - 47.2% (face off win %)

Oh yeah, and Eichel plays with better linemates (Skinner and Reinhart for most of the season) and better puck moving defensemen than Larkin does.
Or Larkin is underrated.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
This is the greatest season by a Red Wing since...?

I would say since close to like 08-09. Datsyuk never really played more than 70 gams after that. Zetterberg has a point per game season since then but Larkin doesnt have close to the help he did. What Larkin is doing on this quality of team, with no defense to get him the puck is pretty wild. Hes Detroits only first line calibre player, with Mantha being one when hes on a roll

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad