Prospect Info: Dylan Cozens, C/RW, 2019 7th overall, Lethbridge (WHL) --- Signed to ELC

Status
Not open for further replies.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Looks like a Scandella move by the camera guy, lying down in front of your own goalie.

frame11.png

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
Cozens will be playing tomorrow. Sabres just tweeted it out.

I’m watching football I’ll be back in a little bit to upload it.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo

This was great.

First time seeing this, the fact Eichel is on the phone with him before he gets off stage makes me happy. When he got here Eichel complained that theres wasnt anyone on the team to call up new players or take the kids out for lunch and he has taken it up as captain to be part of the solution. That's a leader, for all the crap he gets around the league because of a few bad reporters the guy is doing everything right imo. Just very nice to actually see him practicing what he preaches, that's accountability. Cozens may be just as well known as Eichel soon, but it probably made his day to get a call from his new captain right after being drafted.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Jamie Walker

May 2, 2004
Hamilton, Ont.
the instigators were talking about Reinhart going to the draft to welcome him into the organization, and show him around the city (Vancouver). showing his commitment to the Sabres, and also showing a maturity. I think things are looking up. :)

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
the instigators were talking about Reinhart going to the draft to welcome him into the organization, and show him around the city (Vancouver). showing his commitment to the Sabres, and also showing a maturity. I think things are looking up. :)
I don't think he went out of his way, he summers in Vancouver and has a house there.

Reactions: La Cosa Nostra

Jamie Walker

May 2, 2004
Hamilton, Ont.
I don't think he went out of his way, he summers in Vancouver and has a house there.
so him going to the draft to welcome a new member to the team (like he did with lemieux on day 2 of the draft) isn't going out of his way. how many players have you seen do that? i was replying to the post about Eichel being a good captain and calling him when he was drafted, then added how Rhino showed up to welcome him, and i'll add , Krueger to the mix. like i said, i think things are looking up. :)

Reactions: Dingo44

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
so him going to the draft to welcome a new member to the team (like he did with lemieux on day 2 of the draft) isn't going out of his way. how many players have you seen do that? i was replying to the post about Eichel being a good captain and calling him when he was drafted, then added how Rhino showed up to welcome him, and i'll add , Krueger to the mix. like i said, i think things are looking up. :)

Did Reinhart have to make a cross-country trek through the wilderness, braving nature and the elements? Did he have to slay any wild animals to survive? Did he even have to take a flight to get there? I'll bet all he did was take a car ride...and probably a taxi/limo at that. Ancient man laughs at the "plight" of modern man, except ancient man is too busy treating his wounds from the last kill to bother laughing at anything. :sarcasm:;)

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
I'm pleasantly surprised that I'll be getting to see him play tonight, even if it seems a tad unnecessary. I've spotted him with Pekar a few times downtown and around the arena over the past month or so. They seem to be forming a good friendship.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
I'm pleasantly surprised that I'll be getting to see him play tonight, even if it seems a tad unnecessary. I've spotted him with Pekar a few times downtown and around the arena over the past month or so. They seem to be forming a good friendship.

Future Gretzky and Tikkanen combo forming

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Did Reinhart have to make a cross-country trek through the wilderness, braving nature and the elements? Did he have to slay any wild animals to survive? Did he even have to take a flight to get there? I'll bet all he did was take a car ride...and probably a taxi/limo at that. Ancient man laughs at the "plight" of modern man, except ancient man is too busy treating his wounds from the last kill to bother laughing at anything. :sarcasm:;)
About 15 years ago I joined a start up and one of my new peers invited me out to lunch. It was a slightly awkward conversation as we didn't really have anything in common other than we worked for the same company, but the gesture was nice and I privately appreciated that during the lunch. Then at the end, he pulls out the corp card and says "Ray (our boss) told me to take you out to lunch, so the company is paying."

My point is don't spend too much time reading into things that may be insignificant.

Reactions: Sabresfansince1980

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
About 15 years ago I joined a start up and one of my new peers invited me out to lunch. It was a slightly awkward conversation as we didn't really have anything in common other than we worked for the same company, but the gesture was nice and I privately appreciated that during the lunch. Then at the end, he pulls out the corp card and says "Ray (our boss) told me to take you out to lunch, so the company is paying."

My point is don't spend too much time reading into things that may be insignificant.

I'm sure your experiences at your job and NHL players greeting new draftees of the team they play for are very similar.

I suppose Reinhart was treated to some food and maybe even one of those dope draftee Sabres hats. I'll put that on the list of possible reasons he took the time to attend the draft and meet up with Cozens. Can't rule it out, obviously.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo

Hardly insignificant. The fact the new company wanted to pay and he wanted to have lunch with you is how relationships are built. I've recently started a new company and my partner and I have spent more money on lunches and drinks the past few months then we've made with the company, but that's what you do to build relationships and the company paying is a gesture of appreciation that you're taking time out of your day to meet with us, whether anything comes from it or not. Dont look at it as he had to do it or the company made him, look at it as you're appreciated and time is money, even if it's a quick $20-50 meal they are trying to do something nice.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Cozens overall was decent. Tried doing too much a few times but people need to remember he just got cleared from his thumb injury a few days ago. He is going to be a good one, his high end ceiling was evident. Cozens looks to be the perfect 2C...I hate saying he has 2C potential because he absolutely has 70 point potential and the ability to be a top 32 center in the league..but with Eichel here Cozens will only be a 2c while here.

Regardless, between Eichel, Mitts and Cozens by 2021 our top 3 centers are going to be a huge strength on this team. Hell, depending on guys like Asplund and Davidsson we could possibly even move Mitts to LW...

Skinner-Eichel-Olofsson
Mitts-Cozens-Reinhart
XX-Asplund/Davidsson-XX

That is a damn nice potential top 9.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
He looked better than Mitts. I'm glad that they chose him in the draft, although I was originally for Zegras.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad