Value of: Dvorak to Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Not a chance. I wouldn't even do what I proposed in my OP. Frederic, Studnicka, and a 1st is at least tempting, but not at all what I'd be looking for.
Donny probably gonna play stud and see what's he all about . Hes highly touted and one of our best prospects doubt he trades him.

Richard Lather

Jan 28, 2020
I'd do Frederic, Studnicka, and a 1st. Gotta give to get.

Though it would be nice to see Boston draft something good next draft to hopefully have someone to replace Bergeron/Krejci or a high end Defenseman. The Bergeron/Marchand window probably closes real quick so they do need to think about the future.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I'd do Frederic, Studnicka, and a 1st. Gotta give to get.

Though it would be nice to see Boston draft something good next draft to hopefully have someone to replace Bergeron/Krejci or a high end Defenseman. The Bergeron/Marchand window probably closes real quick so they do need to think about the future.

This is terrible for the Bruins.

Richard Lather

Jan 28, 2020
This is terrible for the Bruins.
Let's be real, Sweeney put himself in a horrible position and now has to trade from a place of weakness. GM's are gonna want something significant in a package if it's for something that replaces, or fills in for Krejci.

Maybe Boston is better off eating the loss this year and hoping one of the UFA centers next year can be an upgrade. Right now they're a Marchand, Bergeron, or Pasternak injury away from a lottery pick

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Dvorak has some interesting potential, but i think Boston will give Stud a chance, while rolling with a veteran center by committee to help shelter him a bit.

I think Boston's next big play will be for a top pairing LD but i don't see that happening until the trade deadline. Sweeney is more of a wait and see how the players perform and adjust later kind of GM before making his move.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Exactly as much as Garland. Who got the 9th overall pick in a draft with a universally agreed upon consensus top nine, with a drop-off after.

OEL was a long-term dump for short-terms dumps exchange. The 2nd round pick was for the retention. Garland went for Guenther, who is incidentally the best prospect the Coyotes have had in their system in over half a decade.

I will miss our OEL to Calgary talks. :(

Reactions: AZviaNJ

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017
Perhaps. But it’s also terrible for the Coyotes.
Gotta agree with you from a Yotes perspective. None of these assets have the value the Yotes should be seeking in a Dvorak deal.

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017
Dvorak is a career 30-38pts player, 3rd line center.... Not what we need.

You don't give away a 1st round pick + first round prospect + top prospect for a 3rd line center.... If sweeney does this he should be fired immediately.
It’s a little conservative to call Dvorak a 30-38 point player when he was on pace for 45 points and 25 goals this year.

Not to mention excellent in the defensive zone.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Sorry but Coyotes fans and their asking prices are ridiculous. Not a chance you get something that substantial as a return. He’s not that good.

He isn’t, but AZ has done a really good job with the Vancouver and Colorado deals so you understand why their fans are acting like this.

Bruins probably best off seeing how things look (does Studnicka make a step? DeBrusk bounce back?) closer to the TDL. By then, who knows what the needs will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad