Value of: Dvorak to Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
He isn’t, but AZ has done a really good job with the Vancouver and Colorado deals so you understand why their fans are acting like this.

Bruins probably best off seeing how things look (does Studnicka make a step? DeBrusk bounce back?) closer to the TDL. By then, who knows what the needs will be.
I agree Bruins should not be dealing from a point of weakness play what you have and see how it rolls .I would continue have talks with teams but just taking a deal could do more damage .
I also think Sweeney and Neely should get their resumes in order , they have really screwed up big time .I wish we could get rid of owner ship , but no chance of that ............

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
It just seems like the coyotes and bruins aren’t good trading partners for a deal like this. If this is the discourse between fans on Dvorak’s value I can imagine why it would take Sweeney and Armstrong so long to bang out a deal here.

The bruins don’t have a ton of prospect or pick capital because they’ve been contenders. High quality picks/prospects are what the coyotes are looking for, as trading Dvorak gives away their last quality NHL center. There just doesn’t seem to be a match that makes sense for both teams

Last edited:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
It just seems like the coyotes and bruins aren’t good trading partners for a deal like this. If this is the discourse between fans in Dvorak’s value I can imagine why it would take Sweeney and Armstrong to bang out a deal here.

The bruins don’t have a ton of prospect or pick capital because they’ve been contenders. High quality picks/prospects are what the coyotes are looking for, as trading Dvorak gives away their last quality NHL center. There just doesn’t seem to be a match that makes sense for both teams
Their prospects aren't appealing enough and their picks are too late in rounds. And nobody wants DeBrusk.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
He's not getting dealt for anything that's not arguably as good as Dylan Guenther. He's not getting dealt for anything that's not inarguably, and plain as day better than Timmins and Colorado's 1st.

That's a price I'm ready to pay. Last time around I have seen Kotkaniemi as a request.

So maybe Romanov + 3rd for Dvorak? Guhle and Mtl 2nd? That seems equivalent to Timmins + 1st. I'd love Dvorak here in Montréal.

rt

May 13, 2004
That's a price I'm ready to pay. Last time around I have seen Kotkaniemi as a request.

So maybe Romanov + 3rd for Dvorak? Guhle and Mtl 2nd? That seems equivalent to Timmins + 1st. I'd love Dvorak here in Montréal.
I don't really love that, but I think it's in the zone. I think many Yotes fans would like those ideas more than me.

It occurs to me that I worded my post poorly. I was saying I expect the return to be much better than Keumper's and at least almost as good as Garland's.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA

Is Drouin someone Montreal fans view as a dump? Dvorak for Drouin + Guhle + Brooke + Poehling? If you need more cap space, I'd be open to Chiarot or Kulak.

Drouin is no more than a dump to me so if he has value to Montreal, I meant no disrespect. Unfortunately that opinion of him couldn't be changed durring the playoffs. I was super stoked to see you guys get so far though! I hope you can repeat this year because I like what's going on with that roster!

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ

In his article this morning, beat writer Craig Morgan wrote (behind a paywall):

"Multiple teams have expressed interest in trading for Coyotes center Christian Dvorak. This is nothing new. For at least the past couple of seasons, Dvorak has been a hot commodity because he is a big, effective, two-way center on a good contract.

Recently, when GM Bill Armstrong was discussing potential trades on a Zoom call, he noted the unfortunate nature of trade rumors and how they can impact players when their names are the source of rampant public speculation. It was no secret that Armstrong was trying to trade players such as Darcy Kuemper, Oliver Ekman-Larsson and Conor Garland (and still Phil Kessel), but when he broaches this topic he is probably referring to Dvorak more than any other player. Why? Because it’s not a fait accompli that he will trade Dvorak. Another team would have to blow his socks off, probably either with an offer of a pair of prospects or a prospect and a first-round pick."

And by prospect, Craig is referencing high end prospects (1st Rd comparable). BA's looking for the equivalent of 2 first round picks, and given the number of teams asking, possibly more.

Reactions: Art.Vandelay

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I don't really love that, but I think it's in the zone. I think many Yotes fans would like those ideas more than me.

It occurs to me that I worded my post poorly. I was saying I expect the return to be much better than Keumper's and at least almost as good as Garland's.
Romanoff and a 1st....that's the type of offer Craig was referencing earlier today. That's probably a no-go from a Montreal perspective, but look what BA got for a 1 year of Kuemps.

rt

May 13, 2004
Romanoff and a 1st....that's the type of offer Craig was referencing earlier today. That's probably a no-go from a Montreal perspective, but look what BA got for a 1 year of Kuemps.
Romanov and a 1st seems a little rich, no? I think Romanov is a great centerpiece. Not sure an additional 1st is in the cards.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Bruins can get a Center next year, this guy is not worth a 1st in a deep draft. More important to get a Left Dee partner for McAvoy.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Ya know, Bruin fans are some of the most knowledgeable hockey fans out there. But some of y'all are clueless on Dvorak. The dude is a damn good hockey player who does it all on a great contract value. He's currently our top center who would be a solid #2C on a contending team. You want him, you've got to pay up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->