Value of: Dvorak to Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Hall is the playmaker on that line. He’s the one who should be carrying the puck and distributing.

The Bruins got Hall's goal scoring going after they acquired him from Buffalo and put him next to Krejci. Ideally, they should look for someone who can continue setting Hall up. Style wise, Terry is quite similar to Krejci, albeit a poor man's version. Still, he's a young player still trending upwards, and who (especially for Boston) is on a very cap friendly deal.

I'm just saying what I'd want if I'm the Bruins in this situation. As a Ducks fan, I'm starting to like Terry and think he's gonna develop into a top six playmaking winger. But if I'm the Bruins, I'm not intersted in Henrique alone, as he doesn't fill the need of a playmaker.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
OEL had exactly the value I said he did.
Proposal: - OEL to Vancouver

I was dead-on accurate.

The 2nd was for the retention. The Coyotes are retaining 6m in cap. The going rate for that is a 2nd? Don’t believe me? Google Shayne Gostisbehere and Andrew Ladd and Anton Stralman. Arizona actually took under market value on the 12% retention.

Exactly as I predicted, OEL (a long term dump) went for a short term dump. And a premium was paid for any retention (as I’ve said all along).

The 9th overall was ABSOLUTELY just for Garland. And Dvorak is worth EXACTLY that much.

No chance Dvorak is worth a top ten pick

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
If you had taken the rest of the trade out, and asked for the 9th overall pick for Garland straight up, I don’t think there’s any way Benning takes that, personally.

But Benning is Benning…

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Exactly as much as Garland. Who got the 9th overall pick in a draft with a universally agreed upon consensus top nine, with a drop-off after.

OEL was a long-term dump for short-terms dumps exchange. The 2nd round pick was for the retention. Garland went for Guenther, who is incidentally the best prospect the Coyotes have had in their system in over half a decade.
lol wut this is not what happened.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Exactly as much as Garland. Who got the 9th overall pick in a draft with a universally agreed upon consensus top nine, with a drop-off after.

OEL was a long-term dump for short-terms dumps exchange. The 2nd round pick was for the retention. Garland went for Guenther, who is incidentally the best prospect the Coyotes have had in their system in over half a decade.

this made me laugh.

bs offer what will likely be pick 22. This is in a draft where there is an obvious clear cut top 22 players before a drop off.

also debrusk and frederic and studnicka.

thanks

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Wait. We are talking about Christian Dvorak right? The guy who has 146 points in 302 career games versus Debrusk who has 134 career points in 244 games played? People need to stop. Value of these players is the same. Maybe Boston adds a 2nd.

Reactions: The don godfather

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Wait. We are talking about Christian Dvorak right? The guy who has 146 points in 302 career games versus Debrusk who has 134 career points in 244 games played? People need to stop. Value of these players is the same. Maybe Boston adds a 2nd.
Gritty two-way center who slots into the top six vs soft one-dimensional left winger with declining production. The center is locked up for multiple seasons vs the winger due a $4.4m QO a year from now.

The value isn't close between those two assets. Debrusk comes with the risk that you might not want to qualify him a year from now.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Gritty two-way center who slots into the top six vs soft one-dimensional left winger with declining production. The center is locked up for multiple seasons vs the winger due a $4.4m QO a year from now.

The value isn't close between those two assets. Debrusk comes with the risk that you might not want to qualify him a year from now.

stop it.

Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be

What kind of value do you place on face off %?

What did you think of the contract the Kings gave to Phillip Danault? How would you compare Danault to DeBrusk?

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
What kind of value do you place on face off %?

What did you think of the contract the Kings gave to Phillip Danault? How would you compare Danault to DeBrusk?

Debrusk had an off year. He’s not far removed from his 27 goal season. Needs to play top 2 lines. You’re right about the added value of a centre hence why I’d add a 2nd to the deal.

Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
If you had taken the rest of the trade out, and asked for the 9th overall pick for Garland straight up, I don’t think there’s any way Benning takes that, personally.

But Benning is Benning…
If you took out OEL, then why bother trading Garland? Personally I didn't like the trade, but Guenther slipping to 9 made up for it.
It's kinda funny how undervalue Dvorak is to other fans but they want to trade for him. Paid as a 3rd line center, plays like what a #2 should play like, and had to deal with having Tocchet as your coach! I have to admit, I was worried about Dvorak after he pulled his quads, but it doesn't look like it slowed him down and it does attest to how hard he is driven.

Reactions: Coyotes19c

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Frederic, Studnicka, and the 2022 1st.

If you have to dump DeBrusk on us to make the cap work, that's fine.
Are you kidding, Debrusk since is NHLer 43, 42, 35 and a real bad covid season 14 pts, Dvorak since NHLer 33, 37, 38 and a good one this year with 31 pts, so explain to me how Dvorak s value is so more high i dont understand

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Are you kidding, Debrusk since is NHLer 43, 42, 35 and a real bad covid season 14 pts, Dvorak since NHLer 33, 37, 38 and a good one this year with 31 pts, so explain to me how Dvorak s value is so more high i dont understand
The easiest way I can explain this is to tell you that Phil Kessel and Patrice Bergeron have the same career points per game average but that doesn’t make them equal players.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Only difference I see is Boston wants a 2c and needs someone to compete. Yotes don’t need Debrusk as they aren’t competing so don’t need to make the deal. So obviously need something to entice. Debrusk isn’t a useful currency for them as are not competing. So in that case obviously needs more than just a 2nd to get deal done.
Can use stud but then there are growing pains which has its trade offs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad