Value of: Dvorak to Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
From Minnesota I would require Rossi. From Vegas it would be Krebs. From Colorado it would be Newhook.

Boston doesn't have this. The closest I could come up with is Frederic, Studnicka, and a 1st. And I agree, it's not nearly as good. And I'd be pissed if that's all we got. Boston is not at all interesting as a trade partner for Dvorak, as a result. But if the Fourth Period guy says it's a thing, then I guess it's worth discussing. And that's about the best thing I can come up with when looking at their pool.

Fans scoffed at the idea of this kind of return for Garland, too. Now Arizona has Guenther.
I don’t think OEL was viewed as a pure cap dump, and I don’t think Garland would have fetched the 9th overall in a straight up deal

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I don’t think OEL was viewed as a pure cap dump

He absolutely was. It's an easy tell that no one has really paid attention to his decline the past three years if you say otherwise.

OEL absolutely had to go from the AZ perspective and the number of suitors for someone making twice the worth of his on ice numbers that were agreeable with his NMC was extremely low. That's why a bunch of equally bad unusable junk went the other way to AZ and AZ had to retain to boot.

I've seen a lot of weird shit on HF but this "actually, OEL had positive value" gaslighting is really taking the cake.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Exactly as much as Garland. Who got the 9th overall pick in a draft with a universally agreed upon consensus top nine, with a drop-off after.

OEL was a long-term dump for short-terms dumps exchange. The 2nd round pick was for the retention. Garland went for Guenther, who is incidentally the best prospect the Coyotes have had in their system in over half a decade.

This really isn't the case. Benning referred to OEL as a top Dmen and 1D. He values OEL more than the rest of the league. Doubt it was Garland for 9OA. Buch and Reinhart are both better players and went for less.

CaperJay

Sep 27, 2016
This really isn't the case. Benning referred to OEL as a top Dmen and 1D. He values OEL more than the rest of the league. Doubt it was Garland for 9OA. Buch and Reinhart are both better players and went for less.
Exactly and it's funny no one is mentioning all the cap dumps that came with the pick from Vancouver. If anything that's why they got such a high pick

Reactions: Seachd

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
The analytics and eye test quite frankly don’t reflect that expressed opinion of Benning. Personally i think the issue with OEL is largely mental but believing he’s going to magically return to the form he last consistently displayed 3+ years ago is risky. If this does occur it would be an argument that the current publicly availably analytics are useless.

Last edited:

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
If you think DeBrusk is a cap dump than no further discussion needed for a player that has never hit 20 goals never mind , 27 goals in a year......
He’s not a cap dump to many teams. He’s valueless to a team like Arizona.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
He absolutely was. It's an easy tell that no one has really paid attention to his decline the past three years if you say otherwise.

OEL absolutely had to go from the AZ perspective and the number of suitors for someone making twice the worth of his on ice numbers that were agreeable with his NMC was extremely low. That's why a bunch of equally bad unusable junk went the other way to AZ and AZ had to retain to boot.

I've seen a lot of weird shit on HF but this "actually, OEL had positive value" gaslighting is really taking the cake.
It’s mind numbingly stupid but totally predictable.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Exactly and it's funny no one is mentioning all the cap dumps that came with the pick from Vancouver. If anything that's why they got such a high pick
They trade really couldn’t be easier to figure out. It’s not worth discussing because there’s nothing to discuss. Either you’re ignoring the obvious willfully or you just can’t see it. Either way, no productive conversation to be had.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
You're using your own biases to confirm your biases. Excuse me for not treating your opinion as the unequivocal truth that it isn't.
Its his opinion which is inaccurate, there is no way Garland was worth the 9th overall pick on its own. The pick was partially a return for OEL.

Reactions: AKL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad