Friedman: Dvorak’s name is out there, Minnesota interested (again)

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Amirov, Kerfoot, 2022 1st or 2nd? Get your high potential ELC, inexpensive center and a pick for the rebuild.

This doesn’t make sense for Toronto.

The difference between Kerfoot and Dvorak is certainly not two first round picks.

Leafs are hostages of the cap, and have surrendered multiple first round picks in the last several years. They need good young talent contributing on entry level contracts.

Dvorak makes a million more than Kerfoot and is simply not the player the Leafs blow a package including multiple first round picks on. If Kerfoot is moved, then it means the Leafs have found an even better bargain contract that can contribute in his role.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
BA has shown a willingness to draw a line in the sand and not cross it for the sake of making a deal. A deal without Rossi or Boldy does not make sense for the Coyotes. If we are moving Dvorak, Dumba does not make sense for the Coyotes either. I know I brought his name up but it was without thinking the situation through, my mistake.

But it can, for the GM, and that's the point, because Dvorak does not have the value required to pull that type of piece, and any reasonable GM understands that. Again, whether or not he trades Dvorak for "fair value" is his prerogative, and would be dependent on a multitude of factors, but "fair value" for Dvorak doesn't include Boldy or Rossi.

Reactions: Eegs and ctmagic

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Could an OEL+Dvorak trade work for Minn? That’s a lot of money and cap moving, and with the Parise and Suter buyouts the wild don’t really have any other anchor contracts to move out

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
His name may be out there, but him being traded is likely not going to happen. His name is brought up every year because of his contract and his over all play.

Arizona should not even think of dealing him unless it’s a complete upgrade.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Could an OEL+Dvorak trade work for Minn? That’s a lot of money and cap moving, and with the Parise and Suter buyouts the wild don’t really have any other anchor contracts to move out

Could it work? Maybe. Would it be worth it for us to make it work? Very likely not.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I am sure AZ and Minn are talking, I am sure Dvorak name has come up, I just don't see how it could make them better.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I had Rossi rated 3rd overall. I had both O’Rourke and Khusnutdinov rated in the 1st round. I like a lot of Minnesota’s prospects. Still, I think pile of things that don’t include Rossi that would need to be stacked up for me to move Dvorak wouldn’t be tolerable for Minnesota fans. That’s the problem. We’re all just fans and we all want just that little extra.

I wonder if Minny won’t budge on Rossi+Dump for Dvorak if Vegas would consider Krebs+Dump for him? Vegas is pretty desperate for a C too, and that’s one impatient owner. They’ve shown no hesitation in the past to trade futures (even highly regarded) for immediate weapons. I wonder if Vegas getting Dvorak who Minny has apparently been he’d after for years would give Guerin enough FOMO for a Rossi deal.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Yeah, it is. That's how I feel seeing things like Fiala for Dvorak, Rossi+1st for Dvorak, etc.

I would do Rossi and Rask for Dvorak, but I can see why Wild fans wouldn’t. I think the main point is the Wild have been interested in him for years if they really want him as bad as we do, they may have to be uncomfortable with what they’re giving up. If Minny isn’t comfortable with that (understandably so) that’s completely fine, there’s just probably not a deal to be made

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Yeah, it is. That's how I feel seeing things like Fiala for Dvorak, Rossi+1st for Dvorak, etc.
But Rossi for Dvo as the basis of a deal is not outrageous. Maybe the Coyotes add, maybe not, but it’s not outrageous.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I had Rossi rated 3rd overall. I had both O’Rourke and Khusnutdinov rated in the 1st round. I like a lot of Minnesota’s prospects. Still, I think pile of things that don’t include Rossi that would need to be stacked up for me to move Dvorak wouldn’t be tolerable for Minnesota fans. That’s the problem. We’re all just fans and we all want just that little extra.

I wonder if Minny won’t budge on Rossi+Dump for Dvorak if Vegas would consider Krebs+Dump for him? Vegas is pretty desperate for a C too, and that’s one impatient owner. They’ve shown no hesitation in the past to trade futures (even highly regarded) for immediate weapons. I wonder if Vegas getting Dvorak who Minny has apparently been he’d after for years would give Guerin enough FOMO for a Rossi deal.
After today's buyout action, Rossi on his ELC is more important than ever for the Wild.

Sorry, he's off the table.... period. We certainly can't afford someone's cap dump either.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I would do Rossi and Rask for Dvorak, but I can see why Wild fans wouldn’t. I think the main point is the Wild have been interested in him for years if they really want him as bad as we do, they may have to be uncomfortable with what they’re giving up. If Minny isn’t comfortable with that (understandably so) that’s completely fine, there’s just probably not a deal to be made

Yes, naturally you would.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad