Friedman: Dvorak’s name is out there, Minnesota interested (again)

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
My thinking was maybe Minnesota offers Greenway+1st for Dvorak since Minnesota has two 1st round picks. Dvorak and Greenway have almost identical production this past season. 1st added to even out the value of Dvorak playing the more important position.
I personally have little interest in Greenway but BA keeps a lot close to the vest so I have no idea where he's at. That could work but I would be disappointed if that was the result. Dumba is the only other player of interest to me not named Rossi (who I don't actually have interest in, just think he'd make sense) or Boldy (I have significant interest in).

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I would very much like him on the Ducks

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Dvorak, Soderstrom, Hayton, 1st for Dumba, Rask and Hartman

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
I love the Wild fans on here, but I highly doubt there’s any way Armstrong gives up a 25 year old center, signed for 4 more years at 4.5m for anything less than Rossi or Boldy.

I don’t see a late 1st and/or a winger like Fiala or Greenway snagging a young center on that contract, especially considering that the Wild are seemingly the inquiring party.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I love the Wild fans on here, but I highly doubt there’s any way Armstrong gives up a 25 year old center, signed for 4 more years at 4.5m for anything less than Rossi or Boldy.

I don’t see a late 1st and/or a winger like Fiala or Greenway snagging a young center on that contract, especially considering that the Wild are seemingly the inquiring party.
Going by Guerin's comments today, there's likely no deal to be had here then.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
There are literally posts in this thread explaining his inherent value to the Coyotes and as predicted we get the “regurgitate stats with no context” post bang on page one.

You can try to justify your delusion all you want but a 1st, a top prospect and a good roster player is a package you give for a difference maker, that's Filp Forsberg territory, that's Johnny hockey or Matt Tkachuk Territory

Christian Davork isn't that dude

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

If there was no conversation to be had, there'd be no rumor. Given that there's a rumor, that means there's probably a conversation to be had. Given that, either Dvorak is available for pieces that aren't Rossi/Boldy/Fiala, or those three are available for Dvorak. If we take a step back and try to look at this objectively, I think we can all come to determine which of those two scenarios is more likely.

I understand Arizona fans not wanting to move him for fair value, but that's not how trades work, and there could be a variety of reasons he might be moved for less than those types of assets.

So with all that, I'd say something around Dumba and Dvorak, or something around a 1st/2nd+prospect (not named Boldy/Rossi) is what the discussion has been.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
You can try to justify your delusion all you want but a 1st, a top prospect and a good roster player is a package you give for a difference maker, that's Filp Forsberg territory, that's Johnny hockey or Matt Tkachuk Territory

Christian Davork isn't that dude

lol amirov is not a top prospect. kerfoot is a 3c. maybe you should stop your delusion.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

I'm not sure I follow your train of thought on this one.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
If there was no conversation to be had, there'd be no rumor. Given that there's a rumor, that means there's probably a conversation to be had. Given that, either Dvorak is available for pieces that aren't Rossi/Boldy/Fiala, or those three are available for Dvorak. If we take a step back and try to look at this objectively, I think we can all come to determine which of those two scenarios is more likely.

I understand Arizona fans not wanting to move him for fair value, but that's not how trades work, and there could be a variety of reasons he might be moved for less than those types of assets.

So with all that, I'd say something around Dumba and Dvorak, or something around a 1st/2nd+prospect (not named Boldy/Rossi) is what the discussion has been.
There can be a variety of reasons players get traded for more than market value. As much as Wild fans don’t want to hear it.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I think it's safe to say based on Guerin today... if he's to be believed, your second option would be more likely.

I got the distinct impression he's keeping Dumba... unless it's a major deal like Eichel for example.

I also got the distinct impression, he's definitely not moving Boldy or Rossi.

RABBIT

I’m thinking the same. Both GM’s seem like hard asses that aren’t going to budge.
I'm not sure I follow your train of thought on this one.
It was definitely written strangely. I meant a late first won’t cut it, and I don’t think Greenway or Fiala being the main piece in a deal will cut it either. My use of the “and/or” kind of made things convoluted

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I’m thinking the same. Both GM’s seem like hard asses that aren’t going to budge.

It was definitely written strangely. I meant a late first won’t cut it, and I don’t think Greenway or Fiala being the main piece in a deal will cut it either. My use of the “and/or” kind of made things convoluted
I understand what you meant. It's just odd to see something like Fiala can't be the main piece in a deal or that Fiala+late 1st wouldn't work when I would rather have Fiala than Dvorak. To each their own I guess.

RABBIT

I understand what you meant. It's just odd to see something like Fiala can't be the main piece in a deal or that Fiala+late 1st wouldn't work when I would rather have Fiala than Dvorak. To each their own I guess.

I love Fiala as a player, but I love Dvorak being a natural center with a secured team friendly contract more. Arizona will want a young player that’s not due for an expensive contract that can grow with the team for the next couple of years, as we most likely won’t be competitive. Trading for a winger like Fiala makes no sense, as Fiala doesn’t fit the plan of developing and building through the draft.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA

BA has shown a willingness to draw a line in the sand and not cross it for the sake of making a deal. A deal without Rossi or Boldy does not make sense for the Coyotes. If we are moving Dvorak, Dumba does not make sense for the Coyotes either. I know I brought his name up but it was without thinking the situation through, my mistake.

If the deal needs to be expanded in some way, such as Dvorak + additional asset for Rossi/Boldy + additional asset than I would say we have the basis of a deal.

OEL + Dvorak for Suter + Parise + Rossi/Boldy + O'Rourke + 1st would have made some sense too. Suter and Parise likely wouldn't have waived anyway, hints the necessity for a buyout.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I love Fiala as a player, but I love Dvorak being a natural center with a secured team friendly contract more. Arizona will want a young player that’s not due for an expensive contract that can grow with the team for the next couple of years, as we most likely won’t be competitive. Trading for a winger like Fiala makes no sense, as Fiala doesn’t fit the plan of developing and building through the draft.
That's perfect, because I don't really want to trade Fiala. Works out for both teams :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad