Injury Report: Dustin Byfuglien (Warning in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
Buff wanting to finish out his contract with another team would be my preferred endpoint. Of course we all love the player that Buff was. I don't like his chances of returning to form and will take whatever assets we can get for him.

Can he expect to return to the role he had with PP time and overall ice time. That would be in question, in my mind at least and there is a very good chance he would be a disruption if he didn't get it.

Reactions: hn777 and Larabee

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Buff wanting to finish out his contract with another team would be my preferred endpoint. Of course we all love the player that Buff was. I don't like his chances of returning to form and will take whatever assets we can get for him.

Can he expect to return to the role he had with PP time and overall ice time. That would be in question, in my mind at least and there is a very good chance he would be a disruption if he didn't get it.

It would be another Trouba situation if we move Buff now.

We will be gifting him to another team for scraps.

oldunclehue

Jun 16, 2010

the Trouba trade has turned out great and we have only seen glimpses of Heinola. Trouba handcuffed us when his agent called the Pens and Carolina saying he would not ever sign long term so our only trade partner was the Rangers. We had almost no power in that trade and still got an NHL ready d-man and a potential all star d-man for the future.

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
I just listened to the Dreger/Ferraro podcast from after the grievance was announced and Ferraro was adamant in his belief that Buff wouldn't play again for the Jets. :dunno:

I still think we don't know enough about whats actually happened to make any sort of proclamations one way or the other.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
The scraps who have outperformed the gift so far this year?

I don't think Buff is the same player if he comes back. That kind of ankle surgery for a guy that big and his age is not going to be the same.

If Buff comes back he will be lucky to be 70% of the player he was before his injury.

Other teams know this and will offer us next to nothing for him.

We were very fortunate that the Trouba situation went the way it did and I doubt that happens twice.

Reactions: Derfel

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
the Trouba trade has turned out great and we have only seen glimpses of Heinola. Trouba handcuffed us when his agent called the Pens and Carolina saying he would not ever sign long term so our only trade partner was the Rangers. We had almost no power in that trade and still got an NHL ready d-man and a potential all star d-man for the future.

Chevy got really lucky that Pionk and Heinola were not duds.

Do you think he pulls this off twice.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Chevy got really lucky that Pionk and Heinola were not duds.

Do you think he pulls this of twice.

giphy.gif

I just wanted to give you props for the Anchorman gif. I watched it yesterday as I hadn't seen it in a while. :thumbu: :laugh:

Reactions: tntkid

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg

Man, I wish we could keep getting scraps like Pionk and Heinola :)

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
His ankle surgery he had sounds very similar to what I had earlier this year (very common sports injury) and the recovery was fine. Not only is my ankle 100% now, it is better than it was before. If it the same one, he should be well on his way to recovery. Hopeful this is the case.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I honestly can't understand why anyone would want Buff back for the Jets at this point. First, because it sure seems to me there's issues between him and the organization now and I'm not at all surprised by the rumors he wants out. But more importantly, He's nearly 35, and even if he does get himself back into some sort of shape to come back he'll still be a 35 year old D man who's body has already taken a serious beating. Even at his current best (which will require real effort on his part to get back to) he's not likely to be what he once was.

Afaic, I'm pretty much OK with moving almost any player over 35 who we have on a big contract.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
His ankle surgery he had sounds very similar to what I had earlier this year (very common sports injury) and the recovery was fine. Not only is my ankle 100% now, it is better than it was before. If it the same one, he should be well on his way to recovery. Hopeful this is the case.

Are you a six and a half foot man who weighs around 260 (hopefully) pounds and skates in the NHL for a living?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad