Player Discussion Duncan Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
If Keith was the "worst defenseman in the NHL last year" according to the analytics folks, I am left wondering why there aren't scores of people "dunking" on Josh Morrisey and his contract. Keith has a 1% WAR and Morrissey has a 2%. Is Morrissey the 2nd worst defenseman in the league?

Maybe, just maybe, it has to do with the team that these players play for that solicits the obnoxious, ridiculous, troll like "analysis?"

If Morrissey was an Oiler I know for a fact that it would be the talk of the boards. Instead there is a 10 page Jets page on the main boards without a peep, in fact Morrissey gets praised. These charts are mainly just used to back up criticism of everyone's favorite target, nobody knows a thing about what these actually mean.

Uh go and check the Jets board. Many are not happy with him and many have written him off

OilersSnowFan

Aug 27, 2019
penticton
globalnews.ca
Saw Keith the other day with his son at Popeyes enjoying a chicken sandwich, both were wearing hawks hats, spending the last bit of summer here in Penticton before headed to Edmonton. Seemed a little overweight but I guess I'll find out after the physicals if I was correct or not in my assessment

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Saw Keith the other day with his son at Popeyes enjoying a chicken sandwich, both were wearing hawks hats, spending the last bit of summer here in Penticton before headed to Edmonton. Seemed a little overweight but I guess I'll find out after the physicals if I was correct or not in my assessment

Yikes. I love me some Popeyes but Everything about your post is bad for the Oilers. Combine that with skipping optional skates...

Rocky start for a player that should be under the microscope this year.

I really hope he gets pushed off the team quickly by Samorukov and/or others asap. People thinking we are getting an top 4 NHL defender in Keith at this point in his career are really really optimistic imo.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Yikes. I love me some Popeyes but Everything about your post is bad for the Oilers. Combine that with skipping optional skates...

I really hope he gets pushed off the team quickly by Samorukov and/or others asap. People thinking we are getting an top 4 NHL defender in Keith at this point in his career are really really optimistic imo.

He was playing 22min a nite and was the #1 dman last year,

You make it sound like an AHL'er trying out

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

Well, yeah, he was playing #1 min for the first half of the season, and got 100% completely caved in. He was moved to 2nd pairing mins for the back half of the season and also got caved in in that role, so.... Maybe it was team effect, maybe it was Keith himself, I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Reactions: Aerchon

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Everything that is said about him in terms of fitness is that the guy is a freak. Hopefully your assessment is wrong and he was just having a cheat day while spending some quality time with his son (that he had little to none of last season).

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011

Well, yeah, he was playing #1 min for the first half of the season, and got 100% completely caved in. He was moved to 2nd pairing mins for the back half of the season and also got caved in in that role, so.... Maybe it was team effect, maybe it was Keith himself, I guess we'll find out soon enough.

To each their own. I have not keyed in on Keith in a long time. When we played them last he was a non factor at best. Reportedly at worst he is an ahl level defender.

I'm really confused by expectations that he will be able to help the Oilers in a top 4 role.

I'm not sure at 50% retention he would be worth our #7 spot. As a bench warming cheerleader.

I really hope he is good for us but... does anyone have any actual reason he should be good for the team?

Please don't say experience and locker room. That's a big heaping pile of bullshit imo. Keith and Lowe can go blow each other and take turns telling the other they know a thing or two about winning.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009

If by overweight you mean jacked then yes. Follow him on Instagram and you can see how fit he is.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Weird, trying to think of times where an NHL player has worn any NHL teams attire out in public besides for Cup or promotional events.

Have a feeling we're being had here folks. The chances of Keith wearing a Hawks hat around during his playing career are probably zero. Keith wearing a Hawks hat out in public in Vancouver after being traded is an actual zero.

There is a reddit thread about this same situation, so either this guy is that same OP, or he's lying, or both. :laugh:

duul

Jun 21, 2010
56c5330c9832b0d5c68dd68e7407ba46.png

So, 'whereismycock' it has gone from Big Macs to Popeyes as well. Looks like a troll job. Well done.

OilersSnowFan

Aug 27, 2019
penticton
globalnews.ca
Weird, trying to think of times where an NHL player has worn any NHL teams attire out in public besides for Cup or promotional events.

Have a feeling we're being had here folks. The chances of Keith wearing a Hawks hat around during his playing career are probably zero. Keith wearing a Hawks hat out in public in Vancouver after being traded is an actual zero.

There is a reddit thread about this same situation, so either this guy is that same OP, or he's lying, or both. :laugh:
It was in Penticton not Vancouver

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
So Keith is making the fast food tour of Penticton I see. Great time of the year to do it and clever to wear a Blackhawks hat. Get's you a supersized menu all over the Penticton fast food circuit as all burger aficionados are well aware.

Also heard he cut his hair. And dyed his hair red. And is now speaking with a british accent. And is a woman.

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
So Keith is making the fast food tour of Penticton I see. Great time of the year to do it and clever to wear a Blackhawks hat. Get's you a supersized menu all over the Penticton fast food circuit as all burger aficionados are well aware.

Also heard he cut his hair. And dyed his hair red. And is now speaking with a british accent. And is a woman.

Don't forget that he's also purchased a full set of goaltending gear and now identifies as a goaltender for this upcoming season

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006

Keith played over 22 minutes in 8 of his last ten games on the season......Your story doesn't check out.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

It's bad that he had Popeyes with his son and its bad that he wanted to spend time with his family over an optional informal skate where 10 skaters skated?

Reactions: oilers'72
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad