Dreger: Dumba & Brodin asking price is No.1 Center

Eastcoaster84

Feb 11, 2018
NS
Ok just have to say it
Min fans
“We are in the driver seat over pay for a number 3 d man or f*** off we don’t need to make a move”
Seriously lacking in quality c depth
Well sitting outside of the playoffs looking in.
Every other fan base on Toronto
If you need a defence first d man that can play top four get ready to take it with no lube and pay double the value because you are desperate
Well sitting in a playoff position

love the aditude on this board and glad real life isn’t this ridicules

Reactions: The S5

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Ok just have to say it
Min fans
“We are in the driver seat over pay for a number 3 d man or **** off we don’t need to make a move”
If you need a defence first d man that can play top four get ready to take it with no lube and pay double the value because you are desperate

Which defense-first defenseman are people telling you is going to cost double?

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Yeah, unless you only want to value Dumba as a 6 goal, 34 point defenseman.
I think it's a little different when one is coming back from a pretty significant injury, but I don't think anyone values Dumba as a 50-60 point defenseman. His value is lower at the moment because of his actual results this year. Probably doesn't help he is PP2 and on the 2nd pairing as well as compared to the start of last year he was PP1 and alongside Suter on the top pairing.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
I don’t get all the angst. Guerin set a price (supposedly but we don’t know the true context of who/how/when this price was delivered). If no one meets it, very likely, both players stay put. If you are a fan on this board, why would you want your GM to do anything different?

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Ok just have to say it
Min fans
“We are in the driver seat over pay for a number 3 d man or **** off we don’t need to make a move”

Toronto is "well sitting in a playoff position?" Someone better tell NHL.com because when I look at the standings, Toronto is only 2 points up on Florida and the Panthers have a game in hand. So Toronto is barely in playoff position, possibly not even that depending on the tie breakers.

Also, Minnesota isn't under any pressure to win anything. Expectations were low coming into this season. If the Leafs miss the playoffs, the fans are going to go ape. No one is trying to force any trades on the Leafs or their fanbase. But the Wild have no motivation to trade Brodin or Dumba. We ARE in the driver seat. You either offer something worthwhile, or we keep them.

This isn't a Leafs thread, so feel free to get lost if you don't like the "aditude" of the Wild fans, which is basically just being content to keep our d-corps that is in the top 3 in the league.

Reactions: BlackBusa24

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Ok just have to say it
Min fans

Toronto can't/won't address our needs, so why are you even here? Just to whine about a made up conspiracy in your head?

Reactions: BlackBusa24

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I agree, it's really tough to say a #1 C is worth is for Brodin. I totally get the idea. But, is there any prospects that do project to be #1-2 C that the Wild covet?

I think Dumba is the one to be traded, because of what Brodin brings to the Wild, but Brodin is the better of the two and more valuable for many teams.

Per Luszczyzyn on the Athletic: "...Brodin might be one of the game’s best defensive defenders, severely limiting chances and goals against whenever he’s on the ice...It’s been such a strong year that my model projects him to have the largest impact defensively going forward of any player..."

I took just those quotes, there's more there.

Brodin is coveted but obviously there is of course much apprehension of any team trading a projected #1c-2c.

Personally, the Wild should trade Dumba and keep Brodin. Brodin will play until he's 40 if he wants to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad