Dude! What are you doing in that uniform? Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbh

Aug 24, 2014
I was a fan of Glen Sather during his playing days and remembered him having one-year stints with St.Louis, Montreal and the WHA Oilers at the end of his career, but not his 71-game season with Minnesota!
The only action pic I could find online...

glen-sather-minnesota-north-stars-autographed-4x6-photo-autographed-1-t5737993-170.jpg

wi4okm.jpg

29blqfb.jpg

Pilote

sb0o0n.jpg

Pappin

Homer Glumplich*

Too me Owen Nolan bounced around enough times that no uniform looks truly right...or weird on him. He played on 6 teams, (also when the Nords became that Avs so he changed jerseys there) What exactly is supposed to look "right" on him?

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
Too me Owen Nolan bounced around enough times that no uniform looks truly right...or weird on him. He played on 6 teams, (also when the Nords became that Avs so he changed jerseys there) What exactly is supposed to look "right" on him?

I always think of him with the Sharks. He had his best seasons in San Jose, and while I knew he moved around a bit at the end, I just had to look up again where all he was with (totally forgot about Calgary and Phoenix, and didn't realise he spent two seasons with the Wild).

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
God damn people looked old back then. Pappin looks about 75

Oh ya. As a kid right through the late 50's & 60's, no helmets of course, but really all of the players looked like men in their 30's, some 40's. For some time I figured no, must just be me being subjective as I was young at the time and anyone over about 20 looked old.... But no, as the years rolled by & I got older, surpassed in age all of them in their primes or latter years of pro & then you look at their pictures... they looked old.... I watch games today in particular and some of these players dont look much more than about 15 or 16. Barely have to shave. Its mind blowing. Its like instead of lowering the Draft Age to 19/18 they dropped it to 14. I mean sure there were some Baby Faced kids in the 70's like Randy Carlyle for eg but very few & far between. Usually assigned to the Minors, grooming, grow up a bit. Today, its common. Like looking down the bench of a World Junior Team....Maybe its because most come from upper middle class backgrounds (the only ones who can afford hockey today in North America) unlike their predecessors who in many many cases spent a lot more time outdoors & working through their formative years, harsher climates, economically as well. Grew up, aged faster.

SealsFan

May 3, 2009
Technically that's not a pic of Slats Sather in a Northstars sweater since it's a typical 70's bad airbrush job! :snide:

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
I don't think it can get any more mind-**** than this right here.

Is there some context to this? A cursory glance at the Avalanche schedule for 1995-96 shows they didn't host the Canadiens until February 5, well after Nolan was traded to San Jose. This is also leaving out the fact he's wearing the C. I'm inclined to think it was an exhibition game, but don't know any details on those.

Hoser

Aug 7, 2005
Well, the last few were Bobby Orr, Guy Lafleur, Mike Modano, Trevor Linden, Jaromir Jagr and... Mike Peca?

The random Blackhawk that Shawked posted? Had to do a reverse image search: Trevor Daley, who played in Dallas for many years apparently.

Johnny Engine

Jul 29, 2009
If you want to keep it within the O6 teams, and give each team one player each, who could be considered one of his old team's greatest, it would be:

Boston:Sawchuk
Chicago: Orr
Detroit: Sittler
Montreal: Savard
New York: Lafleur
Toronto: Bathgate

Savard and Sawchuk are maybe not that weird. Those are the last slots I filled in.

Zobitembois

Devilsfanindisguise
Jan 25, 2011
@ Homer Gumplich Trevor Daley, who spent most of his carrer with the Stars.

88422015-1990s-chris-terreri-of-the-chicago-black-gettyimages.jpg

Terreri as a Blackhawk for 28 games.

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
dallas-stars-johan-hedberg-151-parkhurst-2005-06-upper-deck-nhl-trading-card-20022-p.jpg

^^^
I don't remember this happening

Johan Hedberg, Dallas Stars (2005-06; 12-4-1, 2.68, .898)

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
t_40102.jpg

Mark Tinordi, New York Rangers (1987-88; 24 GP - 1 G - 2 A - 3 PTS - 50 PIM)

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
^^^ Ya, very cool Yurog. Called in from Oshawa to bolster the Marlies in an Exhibition vs Team CCCP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad