Dude! What are you doing in that uniform? Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Modano on the Red Wings was the strangest to me.

Also, Owen Nolan on the Wild...

97636472-owen-nolan-of-the-minnesota-wild-skates-gettyimages.jpg

SealsFan

May 3, 2009
This is essentially a duplicate of the "Dude, What Are You Doing in That Uniform?" thread...

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Old Rangers Free Agent 1990s All-Star Team

Lindros with the Rangers
lindros_eric_nyr_200x300.jpg

Bure with the Rangers
pavel-bure-of-the-new-york-rangers-skates-against-the-atlanta-during-picture-id1749790

Fleury with the Rangers
2lbfki0.jpg

Ozolinsh with the Rangers
ozolinshrangers1.jpg

Shanahan with the Rangers
amd-shanahan-jpg.jpg

SealsFan

May 3, 2009
Now that this has been merged with another thread, just wanted to repost a few reminders...

- please identify the player. Don't assume everyone will know who it is by sight.

- Just my opinion, but the spirit of the thread should be that a player should look out of place in some other NHL (or in some cases WHA or minor league) uniform after he has already established an identity with one or two teams. Usually it's a player winding down his career and he gets traded where he plays out the string for a season or two. A picture of a player as a 17-year-old in his Juniors uniform or wearing the uniform of his home country in some international competition series are not good examples.

It should work as a "word association" thing. Example: I say Serge Savard and you think "Montreal Canadiens" where he spent 14 seasons. Then you find out he spent his last two years with the Winnipeg Jets and you can't picture that. Good example.:nod:

SealsFan

May 3, 2009
I was a fan of Glen Sather during his playing days and remembered him having one-year stints with St.Louis, Montreal and the WHA Oilers at the end of his career, but not his 71-game season with Minnesota!
The only action pic I could find online...

glen-sather-minnesota-north-stars-autographed-4x6-photo-autographed-1-t5737993-170.jpg

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
What's weird is that I can go on ebay and find a Luc Penguins' jersey all the time, but I think he may have been in Pittsburgh for 55 games and a movie.

A shame we never got to see what type of numbers Luc Robitaille would have registered playing alongside Mario Lemieux.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
^^^ wow. quite the mask. prop buyers for the original Silence of the Lambs mustve spotted that at an auction huh? sure does look identical to the one they strapped onto Hannibal Lecter as a safety precaution when he was being shipped around... straight-jacketed & strapped to a 2 wheel dolly....

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
A shame we never got to see what type of numbers Luc Robitaille would have registered playing alongside Mario Lemieux.
That's true, although I'm not sure Robitaille was a player who needed a Gretzky or Lemieux on his line. Some of his biggest seasons were 1988 (pre-Gretzky, post-Dionne), 1993 (Gretzky injured), and the late 90s (Dead-puck era). He just seemed to create his own offense somehow. Actually, he did really well in Pittsburgh, in that work-stoppage season when everyone's numbers were way down. Counting playoffs, he scored 30 goals in 58 games, second only to Jagr on that pretty good team. (The Devils kind of shut him down in round two, though.) In retrospect, the Pens probably should have kept him, but for his legacy I'm glad he went back to L.A (twice).

Now, here are some players who don't like right in Kings' uniforms:
1339509377.jpg

Bob Carpenter (Kings 1986 -- 1989)

98760-10094807Fr.jpg

Ron Duguay (Kings 1988-89)

That Mike Palmateer one kind of threw me... I'd never heard that he'd gone to the Oilers' training camp in 1985. He was already a year retired then, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad