Confirmed with Link: Duclair, J. Moore, 1st (2016), 2nd (2015) for Yandle (50% Retained), Summers, and 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
“@KennyAlbert: Don Maloney: "I hope the Rangers win the Cup this year, then struggle next year because we have their first round pick." @NYRangersâ€

Haha...

If the Rangers miss the playoffs next season, the Rangers will keep their 1st round pick for 2016, but lose out on their 1st round pick in 2017.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Rangers sold high on Duclair, it could come back to bite them, or it could turn into one of the best trades.. time will tell.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
If the Rangers miss the playoffs next season, the Rangers will keep their 1st round pick for 2016, but lose out on their 1st round pick in 2017.

Nice.. win the whole damn thing this year, tank next year and get our 16 1st and then AZ can have our 17 1st :laugh:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
People were talking about Sekera for months and we got ****ing Keith Yandle at 50%. Internet gets one-upped by Sather.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Originally posted this in the prospects thread, but it probably makes as much, if not more, sense here:

My initial reaction to the Yandle trade was the same as yours, FLY. But then I let it marinate for a while, and I realized that this is not the same old youth for over-the-hill vet move that bit the Rangers in the *ss for so many years. Yandle is 28, a full decade younger than Dan Boyle. When Duke is in the league scoring 30 goals per year four years from now, Yandle will still be there racking up his 45 assists.

Yes, we traded a potential offensive star. But we got back a proven one - he just happens to play defense. (And the Yotes retained half his salary.)

Much as I hate to see Duke go, I can't complain (too much). :)

Heh, i guess your right, thats a good way to look at it :)

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
The downside here might be that Yandle could struggle to adapt to the Rangers system for awhile here...thankfully there's time before the playoffs for him to do so but I wouldn't be surprised if he's a bit out of it for the first few weeks

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
We all loved Duclair, but with Zucc signing long term, Hagelin a RFA, Nash not going anywhere, Kreider here for a while, Hayes who can play wing, Miller, etc, it was going to be hard to find a spot for Duclair where he could shine.

Getting Yandle for 2.6M next season is an absolute steal and gives the Rangers the best blue line in the NHL by far.

This is my way of rationalizing it. Plus also have Buchnevich coming up, who knows, he could end up being better than Duke. Duke was impressive but I don't think he's a sure thing to be a star.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Taking into account the defensive game and what we gave up do you think the Yandle trade is better than a Sekera trade would have been?

I'm not a huge Sekera fan myself. not that he's bad but I think he was getting a bit overrated

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
After an initial shock reaction, I came back to my senses. Went through couple threads and the exact deal.

The 2nd and Duke hurt. But as so many have clearly put out, it is a now win situation. Yandles cap hit also make up for Gs contract. 8.1 for G and Yandle is ok, get rid of G, make room for a rookie, win-win situation.

Moore was getting obvious. All in all a good day. Can't way for tomorrow.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Taking into account the defensive game and what we gave up do you think the Yandle trade is better than a Sekera trade would have been?

The only D-man with more assists this year than Yandle is Kris Letang. He's done this on the worst offensive team in the league. Yandle is one of the best PMDs in the league and a premier PP QB. He's 28, and is here for another year. That type of D-man requires a premium price.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
right now, we are seriously the favorites to come out of the east. tampa or the habs ? i like us better.

i think opposing coaches aren't too happy right now. we are loaded.

we added keith freekin yandle at half price and subtracted john moore. yandle has 185 assists the last 4 seasons plus this one. 185 !!! and 44 goals. and he's only 28 yrs old. he's in his PRIME.

duclair was a nice looking prospect. i like buchnevich better.

the picks are nice unless you do dumb stuff with them.....

and we added a very solid face-off guy in sheppard.

were much better today and tomorrow and we have a very good chance of returning to the scf.

add yandle and sheppard.

remove jmoore and stemper.

healthy hank and fast.

I'm happy.

LetterJ

Feb 16, 2012
Atlantic Canada
I found this very interesting in the link posted earlier (http://snyrangersblog.com/2014-15/keith-yandle/recapupdating-keith-yandle-on-toronto-radio/)

On his contact with the Rangers, “I have been on the phone and talking to everyone and the coaches, management. I had Ulf Samuelsson here in Phoenix, I am familiar with him and he was great for my career. I know a couple of the players, Hayes is a young kid from Boston that I know, some of the guys like McDonagh and Stepan I met at USA Olympic tryout thing. I won’t be going in too blinded, I know some people.â€

AV saw him in Vancouver. Ulfie worked with him in Phx. The Rangers know exactly what they are getting in Yandle.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Craig Custance on the Yandle trade

Two different points of view

“I thought [the price] was huge, actually,†said the executive. “Realistically, if you’re putting a value on Duclair -- he’s a third-round pick but technically if you feel he’s that good it comes off as a first-round pick.â€

And really, this trade could ultimately hinge on how well Duclair develops. The first-round pick is lottery protected so it won’t be high.

That’s partly why an Eastern Conference executive disagreed the price was high.

“You end up assessing it on how much you value Duclair,†he said. “Frankly, for Phoenix taking back half of Yandle’s salary, I thought they might have been able to get more. You’re getting Yandle at half price.â€

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/cra...rade-grade-yandle-to-the-rangers?refresh=true

Vidic15*

The only D-man with more assists this year than Yandle is Kris Letang. Yandle is one of the best PMDs in the league and a premier PP QB. He's 28, and is here for another year. That type of D-man requires a premium price.

That's shocking considering who Letang is passing to as opposed to Yandle.

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
I'm not a huge Sekera fan myself. not that he's bad but I think he was getting a bit overrated

thats why i laugh when other fans say we've "mortgaged the future".. are you kidding me? Keith yandel or Sekera????? being biased, or hating on the rangers is one thing but come on people, acknowledge a good/fair trade when you see one.. i wouldve never guessed a 1st moore and duclar woudlve gotten yandel..

sekera is good but not even close to what yandel is or could bring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad