Confirmed with Link: Duclair, J. Moore, 1st (2016), 2nd (2015) for Yandle (50% Retained), Summers, and 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Still so pissed we traded Duclair.

Should have shipped out Miller before him.

We are going to regret this trade boys, mark my words.

The odds are pretty good that we will. But if we win the cup it doesn't matter what Duclair turns into. The team is going for it all now. Will it be worth it? Only if they raise the cup this June or next.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Hey guys, do you think these deadline deals mean either a) Sather didn't think we were good enough to win the cup no matter the dead in 2012 or b) Sather regrets not making any moves that year (save John Scott).

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
We all loved Duclair, but with Zucc signing long term, Hagelin a RFA, Nash not going anywhere, Kreider here for a while, Hayes who can play wing, Miller, etc, it was going to be hard to find a spot for Duclair where he could shine.

Getting Yandle for 2.6M next season is an absolute steal and gives the Rangers the best blue line in the NHL by far.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Hey guys, do you think these deadline deals mean either a) Sather didn't think we were good enough to win the cup no matter the dead in 2012 or b) Sather regrets not making any moves that year (save John Scott).

Probably neither. We've had assets to make improvements and went with it. We were a legit contender but got better after today.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
We all loved Duclair, but with Zucc signing long term, Hagelin a RFA, Nash not going anywhere, Kreider here for a while, Hayes who can play wing, Miller, etc, it was going to be hard to find a spot for Duclair where he could shine.

Getting Yandle for 2.6M next season is an absolute steal and gives the Rangers the best blue line in the NHL by far.

Nashville is pretty good.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York

Yeah, I'm gonna miss Duke, but the more I think about it, the more I do this trade every single day.

If one of the d prospects is ready next year, NYR have a lot of options in terms of moving one of these 6 and getting a nice piece back.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

Neither. He and the rest of the management are just trying to make the team better. Nothing wrong with making a great team even greater.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York

Probably the same thing every deadline deal means - just a good team trying to put themselves over the top to win this year.

The Yandle deal in particular I think is part of setting them up to have a choice in who sticks on D next year. With a meh player as the 6, it kind of forces their hand. Like this, they have 6 top 4 guys and can move pretty much whoever they please next year depending on the cap or Boyle's aging or whatever else.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Still so pissed we traded Duclair.

Should have shipped out Miller before him.

We are going to regret this trade boys, mark my words.
Originally posted this in the prospects thread, but it probably makes as much, if not more, sense here:

My initial reaction to the Yandle trade was the same as yours, FLY. But then I let it marinate for a while, and I realized that this is not the same old youth for over-the-hill vet move that bit the Rangers in the *ss for so many years. Yandle is 28, a full decade younger than Dan Boyle. When Duke is in the league scoring 30 goals per year four years from now, Yandle will still be there racking up his 45 assists.

Yes, we traded a potential offensive star. But we got back a proven one - he just happens to play defense. (And the Yotes retained half his salary.)

Much as I hate to see Duke go, I can't complain (too much). :)

Blueblood2

Nov 14, 2011
Watching Duclair play was great until every time he touched the puck it was always the best any rookie has ever touched the puck…… And his BIG heart was the biggest heart ever…. Everything DuClair did was so awesome got old for me, fast. It was like listening/reading Pit announcers talk about Crosby. I read through page 22 of this thread and it only got worse for me… you’d think Gretzky was leaving the Oilers all over again….. Duclair is not the most exciting ever anything…. He is an AHLer who is not tearing up the AHL.

This deal is nothing but win for the Rangers… we just got better… I am looking forward to watching the newest Ranger play….. LGR

Agreed. Duclair definitely has offensive talent but from what I saw is LAZY, has very little heart and is a liability defensively. I would be surprised if he becomes a 1st liner on a good team. I think the Rangers liked Tambellini better than Duclair

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Well, I go to work all day today and all of this stuff happens. Wow.

Yandle deal: I like it. 1st or 2nd pair LD that's sure to help the PP. Furthermore, the guy is INCREDIBLY tradeable with a contract less than half of what he's worth. If we want to move him next year for a 1st and whatever else, it'll be incredibly easy. Rangers probably best in the league now 1-6D. I wonder how playing time is going to shake out with all of these left-handed shooting defenseman.

Don't like trading Duclair, but you've got to give to get.
John Moore? I wasn't particularly down on him but with what we've got waiting in the wings and his platoon-type situation, I don' think it's a huge loss. Cheap #6/7 option. I'm sure he'll get a better opportunity in AZ.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Boyle
Yandle-Klein

That might be the deepest NYR blueline I've seen.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Now that we have Yandle though, if we had Stralman instead of Boyle it would be nice.

I was okay with Boyle because he filled a need but now he isn't as necessary.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@KennyAlbert: Don Maloney: "I hope the Rangers win the Cup this year, then struggle next year because we have their first round pick." @NYRangers”

Haha...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad