Confirmed with Link: Duclair/J. Moore/1st (2016)/2nd (2015) for Yandle (50% Retained), Summers/4th- Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Anything could happen. Duke could be the second coming of Pavel Bure and Yandle could totally suck, but does anyone see that happening?

More than likely Duke becomes a solid 50 pt. guy that's a thrill to watch and Yandle does what he's been doing.

All the Cassandra and over hype just gets ridiculous. This will be a good deal for both teams I predict.

Khelvan

Apr 5, 2002
Oakland, CA
The Rangers could win the Cup this season and next and we'd have certain posters still pissed off at how soft this team is.

I'll take winning over toughness every day.

However, some people like what they like, and that's ok. Let's just not pretend it has anything to do with winning in today's NHL.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
The Rangers could win the Cup this season and next and we'd have certain posters still pissed off at how soft this team is.

I'll take winning over toughness every day.

However, some people like what they like, and that's ok. Let's just not pretend it has anything to do with winning in today's NHL.

There are posters here who will never forgive Sather for trading Leetch or drafting Jessiman. I've read it. Does not matter if we win the Cup. Sather will always suck to some.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
So what does Yandles cap hit come out to for the rest of the season?

Basically 50% 5.25m / 185 (total days of the season) * 41 (days left in the season)... pro-rated, his cap hit is $581,756.

His annual cap hit is 2.65m since Arizona is retaining 50% for the remainder of his contract (which is 1 more season)

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Pretty sure there's 186 days in the season this year.

Edit... there are. Season started October 8 and ends on April 11.

Oct: 24
Nov: 30
Dec: 31
Jan: 31
Feb: 28
Mar: 31
Apr: 11

Sum=186

Last edited:

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Sorry to single you out, TB, but, no they didn't pay a steep price for one of the premier PMDs in the league. They paid the going rate.
No worries. Yes, you can look at it that way. In which case the going rate is a steep price. And while I recognize that this is FAR from the "lion or mouse" trade, the question will be can the Rangers have afforded to pay the going rate? Which will only be answered if the ends justify the means.
Some people are really underestimating what Yandle adds to this team.
Where this goes a little sour for me (in the macro view) is that Sather needed to add a player to fix the power play. I thought that was Boyle. And yes, while I do appreciate what Yandle adds, I also see what the possible issues that he brings. Which are lack at times lackadaisical play defensively. Yandle is far from a complete, two-way defenseman. At that price, I would have preferred not to have to worry about him at all.
I cannot reiterate this enough...only one d-man in the league currently has more assists than Yandle - Kris Letang, who gets to run a PP with two of the five best players currently in the league. Yandle is doing this on one of the worst offensive teams in the league.
I get it. I can see what you are seeing. I guess I fall into the camp of this being a trade that they could not afford to make. Not with already haven traded away 3 straight years worth of 1st round picks. And as now we have traded away 4 straight years of first round picks, I am uncomfortably brought back to a very bad period in which to be a Rangers fan. I realize the team is better and circumstanced are different, but I cannot help but feel that way.

Khelvan

Apr 5, 2002
Oakland, CA
I'm warming up to this trade. Yeah, the Rangers gave up good assets, but he's not a pure rental and he's only at 50% cap hit.

Plus, he definitely brings something this team has been missing - a good, hard shot that gets on net from the point.

He loves to sneak in from the point and fire slapshots from the faceoff dot off of behind-the-net passes. Accurate slapshots. That actually, you know, hit the net.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
As far as rental with Yandle, what's the worst case, they flip him next year to get assets back or not sign him. I think he's more than a rental. If it was a purely rental deal than yes it was way too much to give up.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
I can't believe people don't think we addressed a need here. Even with Boyle, the blueline still needed some more high end puck moving ability, especially with McDonagh being up and down. And we got one of the best. This a player the team has needed for a decade+. A big part of our problems defensively have been some sloppy/sketchy breakouts, and that's not surprising given we only had two good puck movers, until this trade.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I can't believe people don't think we addressed a need here. Even with Boyle, the blueline still needed some more high end puck moving ability, especially with McDonagh being up and down. This a player the team has needed for a decade+.

And, I'm not convinced it was steep price. Kreider, Zucc, Hagelin and Miller on the wings in the top 8, along with Fast who can develop into a 3rd liner. You have the prospect of Buchnevich coming over this summer. The core of the forwards are still young.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
And, I'm not convinced it was steep price. Kreider, Zucc, Hagelin and Miller on the wings in the top 8, along with Fast who can develop into a 3rd liner. You have the prospect of Buchnevich coming over this summer. The core of the forwards are still young.

Neither am I. Moving Duclair stings, he was an exciting prospect, but as you said this team has an abundance of good wingers.

And, can't forget Nash. I think he signs another contract here for sure.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Sorry to single you out, TB, but, no they didn't pay a steep price for one of the premier PMDs in the league. They paid the going rate.

Is there even an established going rate for players like Yandle? I can't remember when an offensive defenseman as good him, in his prime, was last traded. Technically, there's Shattenkirk, but he wasn't nearly as established as Yandle is at this point.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Been watching some highlights. Have of them involve Yandle making Jeff Petry look silly on the defensive end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad