Confirmed with Link: Duclair/J. Moore/1st (2016)/2nd (2015) for Yandle (50% Retained), Summers/4th- Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Yandle shoots the puck quite a bit - 241 SOG last year and 185 SOG through 63 games this season. He won't hesitate to pull the trigger. His wrister isn't as good as OEL's laser beam but his one-timer is better.

You mean we may finally have someone who can blast a one timer from the point on the power play?!

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Yandle shoots the puck quite a bit - 241 SOG last year and 185 SOG through 63 games this season. He won't hesitate to pull the trigger. His wrister isn't as good as OEL's laser beam but his one-timer is better.

As long as he can get it on net I'll be happy. Our guys love hitting shins and missing the net by five feet. :laugh:

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Yandle is the second highest scoring defenseman after Karlsson in the last few years. Yeah, I want him fighting and sitting in the penalty box.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
As for the physics department:

E=1/2*m*v²

A small fast mofo can create more force than a slow big mofo. A big and fast mofo, is ideal.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
So what does Yandles cap hit come out to for the rest of the season?
Isn't his total salary basically divided between the number of games or something like that ?

If such, a salary of 2.6 shouldn't be very big when we are 60 games into an 82 game season. 700k range or thereabouts ?

Unless i am completely off on how its calculated (im just guessing here, i honestly dont have a clue how they do it) :)

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Isn't his total salary basically divided between the number of games or something like that ?

If such, a salary of 2.6 shouldn't be very big when we are 60 games into an 82 game season. 700k range or thereabouts ?

Unless i am completely off on how its calculated (im just guessing here, i honestly dont have a clue how they do it) :)

It's based on league days, not even games.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The Rangers paid a very steep price for this. They are squarely in won-now mode. Having traded away 4 straight 1st round picks will eventually hurt. To me, it is another deal that had better result in a Cup.

Not that I do not think that the Rangers are better today than yesterday. But they paid a high price which will only be mitigated with a Cup.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
The Rangers paid a very steep price for this. They are squarely in won-now mode. Having traded away 4 straight 1st round picks will eventually hurt. To me, it is another deal that had better result in a Cup.

Not that I do not think that the Rangers are better today than yesterday. But they paid a high price which will only be mitigated with a Cup.

Sorry to single you out, TB, but, no they didn't pay a steep price for one of the premier PMDs in the league. They paid the going rate. A player of Yandle's stature is normally going to cost 1) a quality roster player (Moore), 2) a quality prospect, (Duclair), and 3) a #1 pick. The 2nd rounder is the price for getting AZ to retain half his hit. If anything, the Rangers slightly underpaid for Yandle because John Moore is the roster player going back, not a more valuable forward like Hagelin or Miller. Some people are really underestimating what Yandle adds to this team.

I cannot reiterate this enough...only one d-man in the league currently has more assists than Yandle - Kris Letang, who gets to run a PP with two of the five best players currently in the league. Yandle is doing this on one of the worst offensive teams in the league.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
Terrible trade. We traded away one of the toughest, most physical d-men in the league in John Moore to replace him with this soft piece of ****.

No way we'll be able to get past Philly or Boston in round 1 now.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Terrible trade. We traded away one of the toughest, most physical d-men in the league in John Moore to replace him with this soft piece of ****.

No way we'll be able to get past Philly or Boston in round 1 now.

Yandle sucks defensively and he's soft. John Moore is toff and stuff. Rangers suck Sather is the worst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad