Confirmed with Link: Duclair/J. Moore/1st (2016)/2nd (2015) for Yandle (50% Retained), Summers/4th- Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Had a hard time believing that Duke was traded, but we acquired on of the top defensemen in the NHL. We have the best blueline corps in the NHL. We may now have the best offense too.

P.S. Players take a while to adjust to the AV system and they all start out looking bad. Give Yandle some time, his struggles may come strictly from AV's system, not because he's bad.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I REALLY hope the plan is to resign him. Yandle is the type of player this organization has been missing for a while. It should be more than a year and a half move.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I REALLY hope the plan is to resign him. Yandle is the type of player this organization has been missing for a while. It should be more than a year and a half move.

Boyle will be gone, but we'd have Kreider and Hayes to sign to deals.. Hopefully the cap goes up pretty good.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Anyone else thinking that everything will be for naught if McDonagh doesn't get his head out his ass?.

I'm sure some people are worried about that in the back of their minds, but you're probably the only one for which this is a forefront, pressing concern. I'm a pretty hardcore anhedonic, but you take the cake.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Boyle will be gone, but we'd have Kreider and Hayes to sign to deals.. Hopefully the cap goes up pretty good.

In about a year and a half's time, Boyle and MSL will likely be gone, which would free up enough money to resign Yandle if need be, and give new deals to Hayes and Kredier. Cap should also hopefully go up a bit.

GraveyTrain9

Mar 13, 2008
New York
After further thought, I am liking this deal more and more. Bottom line is the NYR are a significantly improved group by adding Yandle & no pieces that are currently contributing to the team were moved.

For a team thats in full win-now mode, this deal is a no brainer. Sad to see them ship off Duclair but I can live with it.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
In about a year and a half's time, Boyle and MSL will likely be gone, which would free up enough money to resign Yandle if need be, and give new deals to Hayes and Kredier. Cap should also hopefully go up a bit.

yeah forgot MSL would likely be gone too.. I think he's got one more year left, then he hangs it up.

JaeTM

Dec 3, 2009
Long Island
If the Rangers go ahead and win the Cup this year, I wonder if MSL does the "go out on top" and retire type thing which would actually not have us worry about this contract next year (obviously)

I think the whole retiring on top thing is a bit overrated and these players want to play in the top league for as long as they possibly can (see Brodeur), but it wouldn't surprise me in the least either if he did.

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
If they cap goes up, it won't be by much.

They can move a contract after the season/at the draft (Staal/Girardi, if he waives his NMC/Yandle, etc) to fit in who you want (re-sign Hagelin/Kreider/Hayes, etc., and bring in outside free agents) and hopefully replenish the youth/draft picks the NYR have traded away in the last couple of years.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'm sure some people are worried about that in the back of their minds, but you're probably the only one for which this is a forefront, pressing concern. I'm a pretty hardcore anhedonic, but you take the cake.

Yes I've been sitting there nervously thinking about that the whole day. :sarcasm:

Let Blaine Die

Holden out 4 a hero
Jan 4, 2012
NYC
Need to make Yandle a priority.

Yup. I was pissed at first about the trade but thinking on it and letting it stew...we haven't had a defenseman with Yandle's skillset since we sent Leetch to Toronto. We've been looking for one ever since. How many defenseman are better than Yandle at what he does? Karlsson. Subban. Doughty. Maybe Letang. Can't think of any others. It's much harder to find an offensive defensman of Yandle's caliber than it is to find a scoring winger like Duclair.

Honestly, keeping Yandle should be paramount. We've wiffed way too many times on Leetch's replacement. Fitting him in might be tough, but I would be willing to part with Girardi in order to make room. Get back some picks and prospects to make up for the dosh spent to get Yandle.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
If the Rangers go ahead and win the Cup this year, I wonder if MSL does the "go out on top" and retire type thing which would actually not have us worry about this contract next year (obviously)

I think the whole retiring on top thing is a bit overrated and these players want to play in the top league for as long as they possibly can (see Brodeur), but it wouldn't surprise me in the least either if he did.

This is, of course, is the ideal scenario. But really, and I (along with many others here) have been a broken record about my belief that MSL is going to sign incredibly cap friendly deals from here on out. He knows he has no other choice if he wants to win in NYC.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
This will either be 1994 or 1996, depending on whether we win the Cup. If we will, all the youth and picks we gave up for St. Louis and Yandle won't matter. Otherwise, all Ranger fans will hate Slats for decades to come.

At this point Slats might as well make another youth-for-age trade to shore up the team even more. If you are going all in, no need to save the last $5.

Mr Clutch

Jan 21, 2014
Virginia
Crazy day for sure! I know yandle is agreat offensive threat but i am slightly concerned about his defense. Ive heard mixed reviews. The few times ive seen him though ive been impressed

Vidic15*

This will either be 1994 or 1996, depending on whether we win the Cup. If we will, all the youth and picks we gave up for St. Louis and Yandle won't matter. Otherwise, all Ranger fans will hate Slats for decades to come.

At this point Slats might as well make another youth-for-age trade to shore up the team even more. If you are going all in, no need to save the last $5.

Neil Smith ran the organization into the ground. Sather has brought in a lot of good hockey people. It took quite a few years but we are set up for the future. This won't play out like the dark years.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Yandle is 10th among league defensemen in points.

He was 2nd on my list of gets to SHattenkirk, but I'll take him.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.

I disagree. The 1994 team was OLD, and I'm having trouble remembering specific names but the prospect cupboard behind Amonte was completely bare in my recollection.

This current squad is still very young outside wrt most of the key positions, and the prospect that was traded today was, in my estimation, redundant given the presence of Buchnevich. I don't see the parallel at all, but perhaps I'm being too optimistic.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York

Honestly, I won't hold this against him no matter the outcome.

He's got a window and he made a great deal to go for it while he can. I think MSL deal was more regrettable than this one on it's face.

Also, god no, no more youth for age trades. Don't give away more assets just to give them away. This team is stacked. If they can't get it done now, it's not because yet another deal didn't happen. Despite trading a lot of future, they still have a decent amount. Gotta hold on to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00