GDT: DuckTales vs Thundercats 2/19/2020 @ 10pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
What did he say? Nice to hear he wasn’t trying to make excuses for the player like he normally does.
He was actually angry and instead of saying the Ducks made a mistake (his normal way of describing garbage plays) he specifically said Hampus made a weak dump into the neutral zone and then chose to go for a change when there wasn't time. He did mention Hampus had been out on a long shift but was still very critical of both moves. And his tone was really emphasizing how bad the sequence was. Totally out of character for Hazy in how he discussed what happened.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
How is this possible with all their high picks and Tavares. A good example that tanking may lead to nothing.
They did the tanking well there the last couple of years, imo. They shot themselves in the foot with those awful contracts - albeit they all are great players, but having 3 players take up more than 1/3 of the whole teams cap hit is terrible. It leads to them not having depth and that is only logical that the team just wears down and lacks consistency.
They have to wait for the cap to go up significantly.

Lol they really payed for Marleau - big bucks. Ended up trading away their first to get rid of him and while he was in Toronto, Marleau said in many interviews that he always reminds Matthews and Marner to not let anybody tell them they are not great. They both ended up with one of the biggest contracts in the league. Marleau screwed up the Leafs :sarcasm:

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
He was actually angry and instead of saying the Ducks made a mistake (his normal way of describing garbage plays) he specifically said Hampus made a weak dump into the neutral zone and then chose to go for a change when there wasn't time. He did mention Hampus had been out on a long shift but was still very critical of both moves. And his tone was really emphasizing how bad the sequence was. Totally out of character for Hazy in how he discussed what happened.
He was pretty annoyed about it in the moment, too, but I guess it was right before the intermission so he couldn't elaborate.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Apparently you haven’t looked at Getzlaf overall stats. Nothing is out of the ordinary from his career average to this season. Left in the tank is a foolish statement by you. Before making a ridiculous assumption, and a falsified claim. I would bring up his NHL stats and look for a discrepancy.

Ryan Getzlaf Stats and News

No the point is that he’s not even comparable to a number 1 center at this point of his career. Using facts and excuses of last season is ridiculous. Just man the f*ck up. He’s a wash right now going forward. That’s my entire point. Instead of defending him being bad.

My favorite thing to do on this site now is bringing up your posts that completely contradict your own stupid opinions.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
My favorite thing to do on this site now is bringing up your posts that completely contradict your own stupid opinions.

How are they opinions when they are facts? Do you want to see his stats and the downward spiral? Aren’t you arguing why he hasn’t decreased in production detrimentally? Or is that someone else I’m arguing with.

I got 8 people arguing with me at any given point. So it’s hard to keep up with everyone.

But here’s his stats anyway. You can see the detrimental decline of what I was arguing about.

Ryan Getzlaf Stats | Hockey-Reference.com

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
How are they opinions when they are facts? Do you want to see his stats and the downward spiral? Aren’t you arguing why he hasn’t decreased in production detrimentally? Or is that someone else I’m arguing with.

I got 8 people arguing with me at any given point. So it’s hard to keep up with everyone.

I can't imagine someone saying this unironically.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
His tone was, to me, quite shocking given the years of bland commentary. Something really lit a fire under him this time for some reason.

Maybe I'll have to watch it again, but I didn't have the same reaction. To me it was the typical point he makes every game about how important it is to get the puck in deep. I've heard it so many times that maybe I just tuned him out.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Maybe I'll have to watch it again, but I didn't have the same reaction. To me it was the typical point he makes every game about how important it is to get the puck in deep. I've heard it so many times that maybe I just tuned him out.
The point was the same but calling out Hampus by name is not really in his nature when one guy really f***s up. And he really (to me) sounded more agitated than his normal ho-hum, "the guys have got to be better than this" type response.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

But here’s his stats anyway. You can see the detrimental decline of what I was arguing about.

More often than not you are arguing with yourself, just like in the example provided.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
The point was the same but calling out Hampus by name is not really in his nature when one guy really f*cks up. And he really (to me) sounded more agitated than his normal ho-hum, "the guys have got to be better than this" type response.

I wish he would do it more often. Guhle passed the puck tape to tape to opposing players while in the defensive zone on two occasions that I saw and outside of a nonchalant comment from AHLers nothing was really said about it.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I wish he would do it more often. Guhle passed the puck tape to tape to opposing players while in the defensive zone on two occasions that I saw and outside of a nonchalant comment from AHLers nothing was really said about it.
Well, I wouldn't get my hopes up. Not sure what got into him but he and Ahlers have been a snoozefest for years. Hampus probably grabbed the last bagel after the morning skate, just ahead of Hazy.

Reactions: Paul4587

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
The point was the same but calling out Hampus by name is not really in his nature when one guy really f*cks up. And he really (to me) sounded more agitated than his normal ho-hum, "the guys have got to be better than this" type response.

The entire team knows they are on the chopping block. Any player on that team knows it’s do or die right now. I wouldn’t take that out of context

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

Your opinion that Getz is bad and a wash is both wrong and stupid. Especially when you try to justify it by looking at his stats. And you argued against that very premise with someone on the trade boards.

im not arguing anything, you’re the one arguing that both getz drop in production is normal and fine but also that he’s a wash and bad now.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Your opinion that Getz is bad and a wash is both wrong and stupid. Especially when you try to justify it by looking at his stats. And you argued against that very premise with someone on the trade boards.

im not arguing anything, you’re the one arguing that both getz drop in production is normal and fine but also that he’s a wash and bad now.

And I’m also recollecting my thoughts. Which checks the box of him being old and wash when I see the production level.

Now here’s how I can make my point across. Would you want to resign Getzlaf to another 2 year contract before UFA? Or let him walk? Because we can easily sign him to an extension right now. What is your choice? And if you choose otherwise. Then that’s your fault not mine. Guy is over the hill and not worth the head ache.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
And I’m also recollecting my thoughts. Which checks the box of him being old and wash when I see the production level.

Now here’s how I can make my point across. Would you want to resign Getzlaf to another 2 year contract before UFA? Or let him walk? Because we can easily sign him to an extension right now. What is your choice? And if you choose otherwise. Then that’s your fault not mine. Guy is over the hill and not worth the head ache.
You’re again going against something you said less than a month ago. I’m not gonna argue with someone who flip flops on their opinions depending on the day.

Reactions: Deuce22

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
You’re again going against something you said less than a month ago. I’m not gonna argue with someone who flip flops on their opinions depending on the day.

So basically no counter argument to my current point of view. Fascinating

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
If y'all ignored him he'd end up having to talk to himself. Imagine how that would go. :laugh: Just a thought. ;)

That’s your perogative. There’s a lot better conversation on the trade boards anyway. Atleast they come back with an argument or a debate instead of a random, “ flip flop comment excuse “ by @dracom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad