GDT: DuckTales vs Thundercats 2/19/2020 @ 10pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
It is talent we are missing. Goal scorers, a PP defenseman that is a threat, and depth of competent NHL defensemen.

Wow. It's as if we're watching two different games here. You do know the Panthers scored on the Ducks because they weren't accounted for around the net. That's a coaching thing. Now, if you look at how we haven't scored on the Panthers while Bobrovsky is impersonating a kid learning how to swim on his first time out, then you'd realize how many Panthers collapse around him to prevent a scoring chance. That's all coaching.

In the first period, Lindholm didn't put the puck in deep enough and didn't rush to get off the ice to switch. It's a lot of little things that add up.

Reactions: pbgoalie

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
This sucks, just a bunch of horrible bounces.

Their effort is good and we are generating a ton of chances, but the lack of talent is once again apparent.

What is the deal with rakell, he looks awful again.
It looks like he has lost his hands at the ripe old age of 26.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
10 years before Teemu did and 5 years before Perry did. Difference was those two had other traits to keep them productive. Rakell is a soft perimeter player with no heart.
I think he'll be fine with a change of scenery and a dominant center. Let's hope he gets them.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Wow. It's as if we're watching two different games here. You do know the Panthers scored on the Ducks because they weren't accounted for around the net. That's a coaching thing. Now, if you look at how we haven't scored on the Panthers while Bobrovsky is impersonating a kid learning how to swim on his first time out, then you'd realize how many Panthers collapse around him to prevent a scoring chance. That's all coaching.

In the first period, Lindholm didn't put the puck in deep enough and didn't rush to get off the ice to switch. It's a lot of little things that add up.
Lindholm trying to change with five seconds to go in the period isn't coaching, it's a poor decision and a lack of awareness. The other two goals were on wonky bounces, not a lack of defensive coverage. I'm not sold on Eakins as a good coach, but this team has been poorly constructed if winning is the goal. Good teams can overcome defensive mistakes by scoring goals at the other end. Ducks don't have the skill to get that done.

Reactions: TheGoodShepard1

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Lindholm trying to change with five seconds to go in the period isn't coaching, it's a poor decision and a lack of awareness. The other two goals were on wonky bounces, not a lack of defensive coverage. I'm not sold on Eakins as a good coach, but this team has been poorly constructed if winning is the goal. Good teams can overcome defensive mistakes by scoring goals at the other end. Ducks don't have the skill to get that done.

Yeah if they could finish better, could make up for those mishaps or bad bounces, maybe control the momentum better in the game. But they have one of the worst PPs in the league, and cannot finish 5 on 5.

Reactions: Deuce22

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
So Rakell refuses to one-time pucks from the circle on the PP but will choose to unload it when he's on the goal line from the equivalent of the zamboni door? You do you, Ricky.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
10 years before Teemu did and 5 years before Perry did. Difference was those two had other traits to keep them productive. Rakell is a soft perimeter player with no heart.

But I thought we needed a RHD perimeter shooter. Where’s Manson when we need him.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Yeah if they could finish better, could make up for those mishaps or bad bounces, maybe control the momentum better in the game. But they have one of the worst PPs in the league, and cannot finish 5 on 5.

You also haven’t seen the goals scored differential. It’s not that great either in the entire league. We need the team to step up

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Lindholm besides the brain fart which possibly will cost us the game has been very good. If he had a brain 100% of the time he could be among the leagues elite.

I wanna see more out of Getzlaf these final 12 minutes. He’s been a non factor offensively for a while now.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
When panthers shoot off the end boards it comes right out front and they get an easy goal
When the ducks shoot off the end boards...

tumblr_mdrg63P32v1qin2xoo1_400.gif

Reactions: DuckRogers10

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Lindholm besides the brain fart which possibly will cost us the game has been very good. If he had a brain 100% of the time he could be among the leagues elite.

I wanna see more out of Getzlaf these final 12 minutes. He’s been a non factor offensively for a while now.

Awhile now? Getzlaf has been declining since 2017. Look at his stats. I know we throw the burden on Getzy. But this isn’t going to work going forward.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Rakell is a floating turd

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Can we trade guhle and Tracey for Montour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events