GDT: Ducks vs Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Nemec was a -3 tonight and is a -7 on the season so far. I think it's fair to say he is playing in a role that he isn't quite ready for. On the Ducks 3rd goal him and Siegenthaler both left Killorn wide open. Siegenthaler should of took that man but he atleast tied someone up infront of the net while Nemec was watching the puck 5 feet infront of the crease just covering an area. Not every goal was his fault though. He played with Luke during the 4 on 4 on the 4th goal , Nemec missed a neutral zone poke check but Luke Hughes gap control was awful that play. He sat back like 10 feet below the blue line and gave Terry all day to setup for his shot as he drove the net.

This is the kind of stuff where you have to think Ruff has his hands full. I can't think of many teams that are relying on a 19 and 20 year old defensman to play top 4 minutes on a team that is supposed to be a contender.
At 5 on 5 he’s been out there for 6 goals and 6 against. He’s been out there for 2 shorties against and 2 empty netters. Maybe some 4 on 4 goals too, not sure.

Reactions: Devs3cups

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The vast majority of minuses are not on him. The idea that Luke and Nemec are in any way the issues is just nonsense. They're legitimately the 2 best D on the team with Dougie out. Luke's a legit top 4 D and Nemec might be one already too or is close to one. The issue with the D is Bahl is not a top 4 D and Siegs/Marino f***ing suck this year.

Bahl-Marino is one of the best shut down pairs in the league according to moneypuck, so that doesn't track either.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Did they get reffed up, goalied, did in by bad goaltending or all of the above ?

They were fine in the 1st, puck just wasn't going in.

Refs called us really tightly but called the Ducks really loose. Team got very frustrated about it in the 2nd.

3rd they just came out flat as hell. Zero gas in the tank and the game got away from them.

I wouldn't say they got goalied, they had Gibson beat a number of times but either missed the net or couldn't get a bounce.

Schmid wasn't bad but wasn't great either.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
People want to talk about the palat contract being an anchor. That Timo contract is going to look horrendous with dougie too. SMH what’s Timo deal was it just a forced relationship?

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Why do you use your weakest goalie during back to backs when the last time you did the same it failed like this game? is this a coaching problem?

too bad,

Reactions: My3Sons

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Just came back from the game. My initial thoughts:

1. Something strange happening with the Vanacek and Gibson pulls.
2. The team looked completely flat after the 1st.
3 Schmid was not good, but was put in a tough situation.
4. Timo has been very bad. Eight games scoreless. I'm beginning to become concerned, especially knowing his contract could have landed us a goalie. For reference, I was happy when we signed him.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
We need to wear the road whites and white helmets all the time...

Jersey / helmet records...

Road Whites / white helmets 10-4 = 20 points

Home Reds 5-4-1 = 11 points

3rd Blacks 1-3 = 2 points

Road Whites / black helmets 0-1 = 0 points

Total 16-12-1 = 33 points

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm not sure why people can't see that Timo is gimped right now.

He was scoring at a good clip before he went down with whatever injury he had.

Since he came back he has looked extremely off and isn't playing his game (I haven't seen him throw a hit since before his injury)

I have no idea why they are letting him try to play through it other then his injury might require surgery and he doesn't want to be shut down for the bulk of the season.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Just came back from the game. My initial thoughts:

1. Something strange happening with the Vanacek and Gibson pulls.
2. The team looked completely flat after the 1st.
3 Schmid was not good, but was put in a tough situation.
4. Timo has been very bad. Eight games scoreless. I'm beginning to become concerned, especially knowing his contract could have landed us a goalie. For reference, I was happy when we signed him.
Gibson was ill.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Also no reason for either team to lie about why both goalies didn't play. Guys get held out for "precautionary" reasons all the and it's never a secret.

Vitek tweaked something and Gibson is sick.
The latter is bizarre tho. How many times do you see a goalie start and then get pulled for sickness? Especially a rested team. They would have started their other guy if Gibson wasn’t feeling right. Maybe Gibson did in fact tweak something and they are playing it off as illness to retain trade value, idk, it’s just bizarre

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
I'm not sure why people can't see that Timo is gimped right now.

He was scoring at a good clip before he went down with whatever injury he had.

Since he came back he has looked extremely off and isn't playing his game (I haven't seen him throw a hit since before his injury)

I have no idea why they are letting him try to play through it other then his injury might require surgery and he doesn't want to be shut down for the bulk of the season.
If he is hurt, he shouldn't be playing. When he isn't scoring or hitting, he doesn't do enough to warrant a roster spot.

Reactions: NJ07102

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
If he is hurt, he shouldn't be playing. When he isn't scoring or hitting, he doesn't do enough to warrant a roster spot.
the next guy up would be chris tierney, even timo at this level would be better than him.
Meier had 4 shots today, Tierney has 1 shot through 11 games played

He's def not a 100% (you can see it in his wall play and his drives with the puck) but he's been a bit unlucky not to have any points since his return

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The latter is bizarre tho. How many times do you see a goalie start and then get pulled for sickness? Especially a rested team. They would have started their other guy if Gibson wasn’t feeling right. Maybe Gibson did in fact tweak something and they are playing it off as illness to retain trade value, idk, it’s just bizarre

Less he had a bad case of the runs or something.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Lack of effort was the biggest issue. Inconsistent officiating is fair, goaltending was fine though. They sucked the last 30-40 mins of the game. Plain and simple.

Yeah I knew they were cooked after seeing the effort level to start the 3rd. Young goalie coming in cold and they put zero pressure on him.

HersheyBob27

Apr 5, 2014
Canada
The vast majority of minuses are not on him. The idea that Luke and Nemec are in any way the issues is just nonsense. They're legitimately the 2 best D on the team with Dougie out. Luke's a legit top 4 D and Nemec might be one already too or is close to one. The issue with the D is Bahl is not a top 4 D and Siegs/Marino f***ing suck this year.
I was at the game tonight. Luke is was too casual. In college he could skate his way out of all problems. He has a long way to go to learn how to play good NHL defence

Reactions: StevensRocks

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Another thing is... If the team was so gassed on a back to back if that is what that shit 3rd period was, why don't they rotate in some guys before the f***ing game starts.

Smith could come in 4th line and you bump up Lazar or McLeod. Sit out bastian or someone (Sieges), get some fresh legs.

D was atrocious on those goals against.

Meier taking up a spot and doing nothing is detrimental. If he is injured (seems so obvious) sit him out and put in a guy who can at least impact the game positively. Call up Willman or something. Tierney is useless but he still had fresh legs

Losing this way at home to bottom feeders is freaking terrible look and terrible for morale (at least with the fanbase).

If they think they can claw out of this season the way things are going, they should reconsider strongly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad