GDT: Ducks vs Coyotes @ 6 PM - It’s Trevor Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Terry was good tonight. It never seems to result in points, but he was creating fairly consistently.

That is the problem though. Even as someone who openly loves him and will defend him having a dogshit roster to work with, him and Steel are at the stage in their careers where they need to find stretches like Comtois is doing right now where they find ways to get on the score sheet somewhat regularly and they just don’t. It’s frustrating because they’re right there at the door but they can’t break it down for long periods, only short bursts

TheStuntman

Oct 27, 2015
As other's have echoed, Shattenkirk is just awful. He was brought in to be the main PP QB but I haven't seen anything from him other than turnovers and terrible defensive play. If anything, Murray is consistent in handing slow aging defensemen a terrible contract.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Overall i thought it was a solid debut from Zegras. He very easily could have had 2 assists in the first if Rakell didn't continue to be the most snakebit player in the league. Off the puck play was solid as well. Only knock is he still needs to get stronger and faster but he's 19 and that will come in time.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I f***ing hate Shattenkirk, not only has he made the Ducks worse, which was impossible to think that was even possible, Rangers are paying his sucky ass nearly 6 million dollars to play sucky for this team and this a-hole won a cup with Tampa last season. I really feel bad for Zegras parents to have to watch this shit show. Kid looked very good. Almost tied the game where the rest of the forwards had no clue once the goalie was pulled to even shoot on goal.

Last edited:
Reactions: DuckRogers10

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
That is the problem though. Even as someone who openly loves him and will defend him having a dogshit roster to work with, him and Steel are at the stage in their careers where they need to find stretches like Comtois is doing right now where they find ways to get on the score sheet somewhat regularly and they just don’t. It’s frustrating because they’re right there at the door but they can’t break it down for long periods, only short bursts
Absolutely. Consistency is the difference at the end of the day and they haven't been able to sustain anything. Sometimes, or in their case once in a while, isn't good enough for the NHL.

Henrique Iglesias

Jun 15, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Overall i thought it was a solid debut from Zegras. He very easily could have had 2 assists in the first if Rakell didn't continue to be the most snakebit player in the league. Off the puck play was solid as well. Only knock is he still needs to get stronger and faster but he's 19 and that will come in time.
He definitely needs to get stronger but I was actually surprised with how quick he looked.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
do the samuelis not give a shit about their team?

at this rate, they'll lose the handful of fans they still have left. what dirt does murray have on them?
They dont care enough to get involved to make the necessary changes. They’ll let Bob ride out his contract and then just promote him to some BS position.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I wonder if Rowney's injury will force Eakins to build a different 4th line, or if he will simply plug Backes into his spot. I wouldn't mind putting Heinen on that line if there's no other spot for him. I would maybe like to see Heinen-Grant-Backes.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
I f***ing hate Shattenkirk, not only has he made the Ducks worse, which was impossible to think that was even possible, Rangers are paying his sucky ass nearly 6 million dollars to play sucky for this team and this a-hole won a cup with Tampa last season. I really feel bad for Zegras parents to have to watch this shit show. Kid looked very good. Almost tied the game where the rest of the forwards had no clue once the goalie was pulled to even shoot on goal.

Was he always this defensively disinterested? Mahura made a couple bad decisions tonight on pinches, but he doesn't even pretend to care about positioning, just hovers way up around center ice with no spatial awareness of where the forwards are, which cost them two or three breakaways because they got behind him when he was caught flatfooted.

It was one thing when he was playing with Hampus, who is a legitimate shutdown D who can provide him with cover. It's another thing when he's playing with Mahura, who needs to have the freedom to roam in the offensive zone to be effective (honestly, I'm impressed that he's still engaging as much as he is from the circles down).

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.

Ducks defense.png

Well at least Shattenkirk didn't get the most ice time.

Reactions: Ducks DVM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig