GDT: Ducks vs Coyotes @ 6 PM - It’s Trevor Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Logically speaking, I know there's no conspiracy, but as a fan I think we (and any smaller market team) will get screwed by the lottery and Wright will end up on a big market team.

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
My point is I never expected Terry to be better than he is. He wasn't even a first round pick. Those numbers don't surprise me. I see potential to be a long term developmental project but never expected him to be a top line talent. The only young guy I see as a top line forward is zegras and now maybe comtois.

I mean, I guess that's fine, if you want to view it through that lens. If I were Troy Terry's dad, I'd be very proud of him for working hard to reach as much potential as he may have.

But as a fan of the Anaheim Ducks, I tend to look at it through his ability to contribute to the Anaheim Ducks in their attempt to win NHL hockey games. On that scale, he's pretty close to useless and I don't see a lot of value in investing years into a guy in the hopes that he might eventually be a decent third-liner if you give him lots of time.

I mean, we don't have anything better to do with the roster spot right now, so might as well keep him around. But I'm not going to feel bad the day they cut bait.

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
Terry set up multiple plays tonight where on virtually any other team it's a multi point game and it's happened a few times recently. Zegras was Terry'd tonight too we need better skill all over the lineup

I think you've got an unreasonable idea of what percentage of scoring chances go in for other NHL teams.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
i'd support tanking next year but they always get effed over in the draft lottery

Next year is a great year to tank because there are multiple franchise level players at the top. Any of the top 3 would probably be #1 overall in 17, 18, and 19 and Laf and Dahlin are the only players that would be in the same tier as them from 17-21.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I could see Fowler getting shipped out. Some team would overpay for him after seeing his talent and the glimpses of potential. Get a grade a prospect or a high pick and this will be the last year of the rebuild (assuming we don't whiff on our pick this year).
I think his contract scares alot of teams and he is under contract til age 34 and when his speed declines his game will fall off. There would definitely be salary coming back in a Fowler trade.
With how empty Honda Center will be when Fans at games return because of the poor state of the Ducks, they might want to really cut salary on the team.

If they can find a trade where they take back less salary and get assets like draft pick and prospects in return they should do it.
Mahura/Larson are ok stop gap LHDs until which ever LD they draft in 2021 reaches the NHL. Luke Hughes, Lambos, Edvinsson, Powers.
They are stuck with Silf and Henrique for duration of their contracts.

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
I think his contract scares alot of teams and he is under contract til age 34 and when his speed declines his game will fall off. There would definitely be salary coming back in a Fowler trade.
With how empty Honda Center will be when Fans at games return because of the poor state of the Ducks, they might want to really cut salary on the team.

If they can find a trade where they take back less salary and get assets like draft pick and prospects in return they should do it.
Mahura/Larson are ok stop gap LHDs until which ever LD they draft in 2021 reaches the NHL. Luke Hughes, Lambos, Edvinsson, Powers.
They are stuck with Silf and Henrique for duration of their contracts.
Thank god for revenue sharing.

GhostOfWildWing

Jun 21, 2015
Not going to hang Gibby at all. Just could have made an extra save or two, just to get them at least a point last night. He got some goal support and it still wasn't enough. It's funny thought that 4th goal was BS. But that's the refs and NHL for you. I'm just glad they had a pulse, they just have so many things going wrong, and that 2nd period they let off the gas big time, after going up 3-0, and it's why they got scored on 3 times.

LOL I didn't even remember the 4th goal when I replied...guess my mind was already repressing the memory o_O

Reactions: Leonardo87
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad