GDT: Ducks vs Coyotes @ 6 PM - It’s Trevor Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2011
Depends on your definition of "creating offense." I see him looking dangerous in open ice with the puck on his stick. I also see a ton of turnovers when challenged or confronted. I see a hesitant shooter, and an inability to finish. Highlight tape would be nice, I'd actually prefer some goals or assists. Blaming his struggles to score on teammates has some validity, but every Duck player has the same excuse then.
Terry set up multiple plays tonight where on virtually any other team it's a multi point game and it's happened a few times recently. Zegras was Terry'd tonight too we need better skill all over the lineup

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
aa0.png

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
IMO that’sa beautiful picture if there was only an absolute stud at number 1
We are currently #3 worst P% in the league, just below the Sabres.
man, I think we are so close to being a playoff team, some spurts show it. But I guess the lack of consistency shows the lack of talent and some underperforming vets. I do think we will improve, but we will have another high pick it seems.

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
It would be such a Ducks thing to get the franchise's first-ever #1 selection in the worst and most difficult to project draft of recent history, then select a player who projects as an elite offensive player and turn him into a two-way, middle-six player.

Reactions: Dmang714

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
It would be such a Ducks thing to get the franchise's first-ever #1 selection in the worst and most difficult to project draft of recent history, then select a player who projects as an elite offensive player and turn him into a two-way, middle-six player.
The fortune in all this is that there is no forward talent that projects to be the #1 pick this year. The cream of the crop are all defensemen, and at least we have a little more luck with them than we do with our forward prospects.

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
Yes. We need some real talent coming in. Zegras first game today looked decent and he is our only prospect. Imagine if we got many more prospects like him. We can turn this around in 3 to 4 years.
Yeah, build around Zegras. Could probably get something good for Gibson and Getzlaf (maybe some others).
Cup in the next ~5y is gonna be pretty hard with the teams COL and EDM are building besides VGS & STL in the normal Western Conference.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Was he always this defensively disinterested? Mahura made a couple bad decisions tonight on pinches, but he doesn't even pretend to care about positioning, just hovers way up around center ice with no spatial awareness of where the forwards are, which cost them two or three breakaways because they got behind him when he was caught flatfooted.

It was one thing when he was playing with Hampus, who is a legitimate shutdown D who can provide him with cover. It's another thing when he's playing with Mahura, who needs to have the freedom to roam in the offensive zone to be effective (honestly, I'm impressed that he's still engaging as much as he is from the circles down).

He was never this bad in NY.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I don't think he's an absolutely terrible player, but I'm about done expecting anything out of Larsson. He's just not particularly good at anything. I prefer Mahura over him easily.
If Terry doesn't pan out that 2015 draft goes down as the worst Ducks draft in the 'Madden' era which is interesting because that draft is one of the most loaded drafts with not only McDavid but also Eichel who would be a #1 pick in other draft years. Then there is Marner, Rantanen, Kaprizov, Barzal, Kyler Connor, Boeser, Aho, Bear, Garland, etc

Whats noteworthy is the Ducks have had 3 of the guys drafted in the 2nd round of 2015 that haven't had panned out Nattinen, Guhle, Sprong. Acquiring Sprong and Guhle in trades.

Last edited:

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
There are 63 players who are 23 or younger who have more than Terry's 4 points in this NHL season. We're not exactly holding him to some lofty standard.

We hold our young forwards to incredibly low standards because they're young and we don't have much else to hope on. Eventually we're going to get some real talent in here and it's going to be like the moment in Arrested Development when Buster Bluth sees an attractive woman and realizes he's been dating an old lady.

Hopefully Zegras can be the first step in that process.
My point is I never expected Terry to be better than he is. He wasn't even a first round pick. Those numbers don't surprise me. I see potential to be a long term developmental project but never expected him to be a top line talent. The only young guy I see as a top line forward is zegras and now maybe comtois.

Reactions: Deuce22

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I went to bed miserable but woke up and said, there has to be some good things from last night. So looking back, Fowler was very good. Easily should have had 3 points but the assist rule. lol. Still, 2 points and should be on the PP more than Shattenkirk. Comtois picked up another 2 points, now has 11 points in 19 games, almost a .60 PPG. that is very good for being a putrid Ducks offensive team. Comtois has taken a huge step and this is the stuff we need. Zegras looked dangerous and wow if he tied the game on that chance, this forum would have erupted, and it was a good shot, goalie had trouble with it. Friggin Rakell, missed two prime set up chances from Zegras. Dude has to change something, nothing is going in for him.

Nothing is going right for them now, they either cannot score goals, and when they do score a few, they give up a ton. Even Gibson hasn't been that good as of late.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
I generally have a very patient approach to the franchise as whole, especially through this rebuild, but my goodness, that display of coaching by Eakins in the 2nd period was absolutely embarassing. I had trouble sleeping thinking about the usage of Grant and Deslauriers

GhostOfWildWing

Jun 21, 2015
I went to bed miserable but woke up and said, there has to be some good things from last night. So looking back, Fowler was very good. Easily should have had 3 points but the assist rule. lol. Still, 2 points and should be on the PP more than Shattenkirk. Comtois picked up another 2 points, now has 11 points in 19 games, almost a .60 PPG. that is very good for being a putrid Ducks offensive team. Comtois has taken a huge step and this is the stuff we need. Zegras looked dangerous and wow if he tied the game on that chance, this forum would have erupted, and it was a good shot, goalie had trouble with it. Friggin Rakell, missed two prime set up chances from Zegras. Dude has to change something, nothing is going in for him.

Nothing is going right for them now, they either cannot score goals, and when they do score a few, they give up a ton. Even Gibson hasn't been that good as of late.

I thought Gibson was great last night. The issue is, he is weak on breakaways (always has been) and 2 of the three goals against were such. The middle goal, he probably should have stopped despite the horrible giveaway and lightning quick pass and release, his positioning seemed just a tiny bit off. He definitely saved a few though that many goalies would have let in.

Shattenkirk, damn - what a sad signing. I was one who thought he would really help our PP but he's been by far our worst player this season IMO. Literally loses us games (near) single-handedly. I'd rather Bob Murray play D over Shatty at this point.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I thought Gibson was great last night. The issue is, he is weak on breakaways (always has been) and 2 of the three goals against were such. The middle goal, he probably should have stopped despite the horrible giveaway and lightning quick pass and release, his positioning seemed just a tiny bit off. He definitely saved a few though that many goalies would have let in.

Shattenkirk, damn - what a sad signing. I was one who thought he would really help our PP but he's been by far our worst player this season IMO. Literally loses us games (near) single-handedly. I'd rather Bob Murray play D over Shatty at this point.

Not going to hang Gibby at all. Just could have made an extra save or two, just to get them at least a point last night. He got some goal support and it still wasn't enough. It's funny thought that 4th goal was BS. But that's the refs and NHL for you. I'm just glad they had a pulse, they just have so many things going wrong, and that 2nd period they let off the gas big time, after going up 3-0, and it's why they got scored on 3 times.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015

Rakell needs to play with confidence. A couple of games ago he was flying around looking dangerous everything he touched the puck. We have always known he can't carry a line and I think a lot of what we are seeing is him with some young kids trying to figure things out.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I could see Fowler getting shipped out. Some team would overpay for him after seeing his talent and the glimpses of potential. Get a grade a prospect or a high pick and this will be the last year of the rebuild (assuming we don't whiff on our pick this year).

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
I could see Fowler getting shipped out. Some team would overpay for him after seeing his talent and the glimpses of potential. Get a grade a prospect or a high pick and this will be the last year of the rebuild (assuming we don't whiff on our pick this year).

His modified NTC would make getting a proper return difficult. I'm not opposed to shopping him around to see what's possible, but he'll likely stay put.

Reactions: Mortal Wombat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad