Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Info 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Am I the only one who expected more “behind the scenes” stuff when they said the new video was about what went on at the draft? Was hoping for more than just a mic’ed up Bob when he announced the picks.

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness
Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Everyone thought Ilves would be good this year, their roster is impressive on paper. Which makes it even more shocking to see that lineup put up a 1-6 start... :help:

From what I've seen, something is just fundamentally wrong with that team. It makes no sense that they retained all of their top players from last season and were able to add on top of that group via free agency, only to somehow get worse as a result.

Their even strength play is sloppy, their D-zone coverage is atrocious, compete level isn't as high as it should be. The coaching staff has to be sitting on white-hot seats, IMO it's only a matter of time before firings are announced...
That didn't take too long. Head coach Karri Kivi aka. "Curry Stone" has been fired. You might remember him as the guy who coached Finland to WJC Championship in 2014 and I believe he has been regarded as one of the better coaches in Finland. We'll see where the team will go from here...

Reactions: Opak

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
That didn't take too long. Head coach Karri Kivi aka. "Curry Stone" has been fired. You might remember him as the guy who coached Finland to WJC Championship in 2014 and I believe he has been regarded as one of the better coaches in Finland. We'll see where the team will go from here...

It was announced in Finnish media that the assistants and the goalie coach will stay for now, and that Jouko Myrrä has been promoted from assistant to head coach. And yes, Kivi is considered to be a good, merited coach, who has a Liiga championship in his resume...

To give an "NHL comparable" of the situation, it's as if Nashville went 1-8 to start the year and Laviolette got axed as a result. Truly something that absolutely nobody saw coming...

Ilves' next game is on Wednesday 6:30 PM local time. We'll see if the firing wakes the team up.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Boston University's first game, and presumably Zegras' as well, is this Saturday against Union College.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Ilves responds to the coaching change, hands a 7-2 trashing to Lahti Pelicans. Dostal had 23 saves.

Goals can be seen here.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Pronman put out an article about which NHL prospects are raising their stock. He had this to say about William Francis:
William Francis (D, Anaheim) looked very impressive during the USHL Fall Classic. For a large defenseman, his skating looked more than fine, he was up on Cedar Rapid’s top power play unit and was making plays. The offensive upside/hockey sense was my main concern with him last season, and I tend to hedge on players his age in the USHL looking good, but at the very least his week was intriguing.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Ilves and Dostal got another win last night with 5-2 win over the reigning champions. Dostal had 18 saves. I think you can check the goals here there's also a penaltyshot that Dostal saves. First goal he let in I think changed the direction and thus was a bit too hard to stop. Second one was a good snipe but Dostal should have had it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Opak and nilssont

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
The Hockey News has their top-100 list for NCAA players going into 2019-20 season: link

Anaheim Prospects in the NCAA in THN's top-100 NCAA players
#2. C Zegras, Boston
#31. D LaCombe, Minnesota
#41. C Janicke, Notre Dame
#67. F McLaughlin, Minnesota

Add in any Ducks prospect(s) I missed on that list. I scanned through it a few times, but then on the third and fourth viewing my eyes couldn't keep up. LoL

Reactions: Kalv

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
The Hockey News has their top-100 list for NCAA players going into 2019-20 season: link

Anaheim Prospects in the NCAA in THN's top-100 NCAA players
#2. C Zegras, Boston
#31. D LaCombe, Minnesota
#41. C Janicke, Notre Dame
#67. F McLaughlin, Minnesota

Add in any Ducks prospect(s) I missed on that list. I scanned through it a few times, but then on the third and fourth viewing my eyes couldn't keep up. LoL

LaCombe and Janick over McLaughlin sounds strange to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad