Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Info 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I don't see the game on collegesportslive it says they aren't a partner with boston u.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
watching zegras right now

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Wants him to shoot more because he feels he can score when he does.

I know we wanted him to be a Getzlaf clone, but does it have to be so real? :laugh:

EDIT: William Francis has added 2 assists so far in today's Cedar Rapids-Omaha game, and has 5 points through 5 games. It's still early, but this is a promising start for him.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I watched the majority of Zegras' game. He didn't have the puck on his stick too often, but when he did have it, he was always trying to create something. He clearly has very impressive vision, and when he makes a pass, he makes it with authority, which I liked a lot. On the PP, he is a serious weapon on the half wall, often looking for that pass across to the guy on the other half wall or to the guy at the back door like his assist from yesterday. Like his coach, I wish he'd shoot a bit more. He doesn't have an overpowering shot, but it's stronger than you would think from someone with his play style. His goal at the end of the game was off a rebound with the goalie way out of position, but it was still a nice shot from a bad angle. All in all, he's far from lighting the NCAA on fire, but still a promising start.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
The good thing is that unlike the CHL players he can play in the AHL at 19 if he needs to go down. I think next year splitting between the NHL/AHL could be more beneficial than another year in College.

What I like about Z going to the NCAA is that he can add bulk to his frame faster than going the CHL route. Even just staying a year will do a lot for Z. I recall Ducks' NCAA prospect McLaughlin adding 15 pounds to his frame during the course of his rookie season after getting his thin frame hurt going into the corners at the NCAA level. We already know that Z possesses that great vision, but if his body can't handle the rigors of going up against more physically mature bodies, then he could be subjected to become readily injured or constantly dominated throughout the games.

Zegras' metrics on Elite Prospects (EP) is 6'0 (183 cm) and 170 lbs (77 kg). Provided these metrics are taken last during their draft year (due to actual measurements in the draft combine), Lundestrom's metrics on EP is 6'0 (184 cm) and 185 pounds (84 kg). Lundestrom has actually been playing against men for a couple of seasons too.

It's funny that the Ducks have drafted consecutive centers in the first round that have had their coaches to tell them to, "shoot the puck more."

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
What I like about Z going to the NCAA is that he can add bulk to his frame faster than going the CHL route. Even just staying a year will do a lot for Z. I recall Ducks' NCAA prospect McLaughlin adding 15 pounds to his frame during the course of his rookie season after getting his thin frame hurt going into the corners at the NCAA level. We already know that Z possesses that great vision, but if his body can't handle the rigors of going up against more physically mature bodies, then he could be subjected to become readily injured or constantly dominated throughout the games.

Is it easier for them to bulk up because there's less travel in college and/or access to better equipment in college?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Is it easier for them to bulk up because there's less travel in college and/or access to better equipment in college?

They have a much less condensed schedule - they’re basically playing only 2 games per week, normally on weekends (Friday’s and Saturday’s are the most common game days) so for the most part they have all week on campus to work on strength and conditioning as well as practice.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
They have a much less condensed schedule - they’re basically playing only 2 games per week, normally on weekends (Friday’s and Saturday’s are the most common game days) so for the most part they have all week on campus to work on strength and conditioning as well as practice.

And recovery time. That's also a significant component. Since you only travel on away weekends, you're stagnate and have a consistent routine during the weekdays. That routine helps your body improve faster.

Reactions: lwvs84

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
After watching the first 2 Boston games, I hope he goes to ahl next season, the Boston players have no where enough skill to play with him. The whole team is grinders.

czechgame

Mar 16, 2019
Dostal with Czech U20 national team.

2.22 GAA, 0.900 SV% in FIN Liiga this season - not a great numbers but not a great d-corp in front of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad