Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Info 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I think Z is more flashy - and some of that will not work in the NHL and will be interesting how he adapts to the NHL. But he reads the game extremely well and has hands to put the puck where he wants to.

Impact wise yeah, would be awesome if Z becomes a PPG player but that's far from a guarantee.

I was watching some of his collegiate highlights recently on youtube and was impressed with some of his goal scoring. I was just amazed with his 9 assists for his wjc's that it's easy to forget that he can score goals too. He really has a nice touch.

It seems difficult to see Zegras not make the NHL club, but gotta take into context it's against his peers and not NHL players. It's going to be a fun competition for that 3C spot between Steel and Zegras.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Sounds like a response by someone who doesn't comprehend stats. Either come up with an actual rebuttal, agree with it, or don't say anything if you've got nothing to bring to the discussion.

Honestly seems like you've been making a point of trying to be the most insufferable poster here for months now. You go on a big rant complaining about other people "disregarding others opinions" and yet you are incapable of having an adult conversation without being completely condescending.

Like seriously, calling people "mere amateurs", are supposed to believe you are a professional at this? Your hockey analysis is extremely basic, and you are constantly attempting to use grammar that is clearly well beyond your grasp. Get down off the high horse already, no one is impressed that you can copy and paste +/- stats.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
First off, yes, it's totally facetious to assume that Tracey was the sole reason for Victoria allowing a full goal per game more, just like it's totally facetious to pin the goal-per-game increase on him as well. But since your expert professional nuance on skills seemed to miss that the goalie Victoria shipped *away* wasn't any better for Victoria. What's more, check out the cross tabs. Gould had a similar SV% to Evanoff in the 15 games he played for Victoria this year, but his GAA was markedly lower, indicating that Victoria was allowing a *lot* more shots on net after the acquisition of Tracey.

Thanks for admitting YOUR OBVIOUS MISTAKE on Tracey being the sole reason for the drop in GA average. A netminder is usually on the ice for 60 minutes. Are you saying that LW Tracey is on the ice for all 60 minutes too? Do you encompass the failure of YOUR OBVIOUS MISTAKE?

It appears you've got an agenda, so let's go back to basics. Let's look at the personnel in the trade, not including picks.

Moose Jaw sends
LW Tracey (1.36 pts/game)
G Evanov​

Victoria sends
C Doust (0.25 pts/game)
D Nolan Jones (0.2 pts/game)
G Gould​

Victoria loses three players and Moose Jaw loses two player. There's a swap of goalies, but Victoria loses a center and a defenseman. Victoria didn't give away scraps to get Tracey.

In the video, Victoria noted it was a heavy price to pay.

What was Moose Jaw receiving? Here's an article about what they got back: link

Victoria just significantly changed the dynamic of their team, assuming you actually believe top talents were exchanged. Considering that Tracey was the best talent in the trade, then we can say that Victoria had to overpay with talent and draft picks. Victoria loses a two-way center and a 6'2 defenseman. If we're looking only a minutes played, then Tracey and Doust cancel each other out as forwards. Then you're missing all those minutes provided by Jones.

Now, more context. Although Victoria is a defense first team, they only had +2 goal differential. That means they were lacking offense.

Doust was a -10 in 36 games with Victoria.
Jones was a - 9 in 30 games with Victoria.​

What was Tracey's plus/minus rating with Victoria?

Tracey was - 5 in 23 games with Victoria.​

Surely, Tracey would have to be far worse than a -5 plus/minus rating for the team to give up an additional 1.14 GA/game average? Just asking a simple question using simple box scores.

Tracey did not participate in three games with Victoria.
Feb 15 Vic 3 Kam 5
Feb 17 Vic 6 Kam 7, OTL
Feb 19 Vic 2 Cal 3, OTL​

In three games without Tracey, the Royals scored 11 goals and gave up 15 goals, a 3.66 GF/g average and 5.0 GA/g average.

In the 24 games with Tracey, his points helped to represent 32.4% of the 71 GF for Victoria. Again, with Tracey on-board, the team's scoring went up 0.50 GF/game.

During Victoria's season, I really felt bad for them as they were no longer winning as many games compared to before the trade for Tracey. Once the season was over and we can reflect, Tracey did his job for the Royals such that he helped the team score more goals.

Moose Jaw sends
LW Tracey (1.36 pts/game)​

Victoria sends
C Doust (0.25 pts/game)
D Nolan Jones (0.2 pts/game)
Tracey produced 0.96 pts/game with Victoria, the best scoring average on the team. He helped the team improve its goal scoring by 0.50 GF/game. You have to actually acknowledge that the Royals were scoring 0.50 GF/game fewer before they traded for Tracey. Unfortunately, the trade cost the Royals their defensive acumen simultaneously. The highest negative plus/minus rating on Victoria was -19 by D Smith. The second highest plus/minus rating was -18 by LW Derungs. I guess your narrative driven agenda that Tracey was the main culprit to the Royals defensive demise lacks support as well as it being asinine considering Tracey isn't on the ice 60 minutes a game. ::: eyes rolling :::

So please continue this tirade of moving goal posts while continually lacking all sorts of contexts because "muh narrative" matters. Just because I called you out on your mistake doesn't mean I made a mistake too. LMFAO!

Everything Madden said in his latest interview about Tracey isn't anything new to me or others that have tracked Tracey this year. We kept saying Tracey was traded to a defensive team and had to acclimate to that team's culture of playing defense first as opposed to the shootout style in Moose Jaw. I kept saying the silver lining would be Tracey learning how to play better defense. Yeah, I'm disappointed that Tracey couldn't keep up his 1.36 pts/game average, but the context of being moved to a defensive team starving for offense and Tracey still finished with the best pts/game average on the team is quite impressive. It also means he can drive the offense.

That's what 2019-20 was all about - proving his draft year wasn't a fluke. Did he prove that? Yes. In fact, he did it twice over in the same season! He lead two different teams in scoring rate.

I wanted to see how the Royals would have done in the playoffs with Tracey. Madden and staff saw that Tracey was gelling better with the team in March. I got the excel, so why not break the season down into months just because it's just a few more steps in excel.

2019-20
VictoriaGamesGFGAWLOTLPts GF/gGA/g
Total641761903224670 2.752.97
Before Tracey3794922213044 2.542.49
Jan1131423539 2.823.82
Feb12394455212 3.253.67
Mar412122115 3.003.00
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

huh. It's a small sample in March, but the team started to figure itself out a bit defensively. It looks like a trend since the trade in January onto March. I really wanted to see Tracey in a playoff atmosphere with the Royals.

Tracey point production per month
Jan: 11 games, 3 g + 8 a = 11 pts (1.0 pts/g)
Feb: 9 games, 1 g + 5a = 6 pts (0.67 pts/g) ... injured for 3 games
Mar: 4 games, 3g + 3a = 6 pts (1.5 pts/g)​

You can gain a lot of knowledge through stats, provided you have enough stats and trying to find patterns (sometimes, there are no patterns). But, hey, that's a lot of meticulous work and deep diving. It's not my fault that some of you can't believe that a few people can come to the same conclusion with the scouting staff, albeit everything being surface stuff. There are some details the scouting staff only knows. In general, a person can get to a similar conclusion just by using stats. But this is the age of info at your fingertips, so you'll get local articles and video. Those should reaffirm or change one's calculus of the possible conclusion.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
My "OBVIOUS MISTAKE" was purposefully facetious. I was intentionally making a facetious point to get you to realize the facetiousness of your own claim.

Bruh.

No. I'm not even going to dignify this vomit with a response.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
My "OBVIOUS MISTAKE" was purposefully facetious. I was intentionally making a facetious point to get you to realize the facetiousness of your own claim.

Bruh.

No. I'm not even going to dignify this vomit with a response.

That's because you lack facts and evidence, bruh. Walking things back after you get caught sounds like an obvious turtle move just like your comment above.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
That's because you lack facts and evidence, bruh. Walking things back after you get caught sounds like an obvious turtle move just like your comment above.
actually, no. I'm not entertaining you and your power tripping any more.

oh, and by the way, look up "sarcasm". I tried to lace it through my first post but apparently that wasn't enough for it not to go over your head. Lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: WhatTheDuck

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
I can only assume who is being referenced. The ignore function is a wonderful thing.

I gave up after in one thread, they insisted they didn't use a particular (incorrect) argument, when I literally quoted from their previous posts them saying that exact thing 7 different times. Pretty ironic that everyone else gets accused of lacking basic English and reading comprehension skills.

Reactions: Vinegar Strokes
Oct 18, 2011
I am looking forward to following Axel Andersson as the season begins overseas he has some interesting traits. It would be big for Anaheim if he and Thrun had strong seasons

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Lundestrom loaned to Timra (Allsvenskan) according to DucksProspects.

Interesting that it's not SHL and his team Lulea, but I certainly would not read too much into it. Last time he was there he dominated. In Allsvenskan he will probably just keep himself in game shape while awaiting NHL training camp.

Timra first game is Oct 2, but not sure if the games are available anywhere.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Allsvenkan isn’t that much lower of a level than the SHL. It’s only marginally lower than the AHL to be honest, so should only help his development.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Oh and only now I see @duxfan1101 beat me to it :laugh:

Is it really up to that level? In any case, sure it is a decent league and will keep him skating. While being mostly down on him, he is still young and I am excited to see how he performs.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I haven't really been following. But I mean, he wasn't even the top prospect in his own draft class just last year. That's a lot of kids to jump, even allowing for graduations etc.

He was good in his college year and absolutely killed it at the WJC.

And guys above him had underwhelming D+1 years, or they are in the NHL.

Reactions: Kalv
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
He was good in his college year and absolutely killed it at the WJC.

And guys above him had underwhelming D+1 years, or they are in the NHL.
If you say so. I'm not arguing it, like I said I haven't been following it at all. Just saying I'm surprised. It's been a long time since we've had an elite forward prospect and frankly I won't believe it until I see for myself.

Reactions: Dmang714
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad